Master Made SDT-08 Demolisher Full Set

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

This was a live broadcast, and I caught it too late to see the MM Devastator. Now that the broadcast is over, I don't see any obvious way to replay an archived version of it (assuming that even exists). I'm not at all familiar with Bilibili, and I don't read Chinese; could someone more versed in this dig up a link to a VOD version of the broadcast?

• Like Like x 1
  2. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another member shared a screenshot in the show SGC ‘20 thread. Reposting it here. Will hold you out until the video gets uploaded (if it gets uploaded that is).

4DF2DBA1-B662-4CDE-8814-C93EDB78C80F.png

• Like Like x 4
  3. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ah, sorry. I was hoping it'd be like YouTube where you could reuse the same link to watch a recording.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Delduwath

Thank you!

No worries, it's a very reasonable assumption! And thank you for linking it in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    i loved the look of PE version, and definitely IF took cues from the PE design. but i think IF refined/improved the dragon mode to another level compared to PE. and that's saying a lot considering the reduction of size in scale! :eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  6. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Soooo do you use the bust in combined mode or am I cofused? It looks strangely similar in these pics
    Screenshot_20210112-172448_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210112-172454_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    you take and use the head if you want the smaller non-oversized version head. i believe the bust is just a "place holder" for the spare head which you can swap between bigger SD head version.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Hmm looks super similar hope thats true

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Good eye! I doesn't look like you use the whole bust, but using the small head definitely seems to require using the collar area of the bust.

However, I'm unfamiliar with the busts as I've never gotten them, so using the collar and small head may be standard practice. I want to say Apollo was like this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Delduwath

Do we know where the hands, forearms, and shoulder joints go when not in combined mode? They seem too large to hide anywhere on the individual bots, so I assume they're separate combiner kibble that sits on the side, but I don't know if we've had any clear indication one way or the other.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My Nightingale

My Nightingale Well-Known Member

So I own all the bust. And , I saw that all of the smaller heads have a extra filler collar piece to attach to the body. Although, I kinda wish instead of the head and collar is modular, I wish the whole can be assembled into the figures. As some of the busts chests, look BETTER than the chests on the figure! Aha

• Like Like x 1
  12. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    That’s part of what’s made me revert to being hesitant to preorder, and wanting to wait for full reviews.

Hopefully at least some of those parts will be used creatively when separated, but we shall see.

13. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Thinking about picking this guy up - he would be my first Master Made figure.
    What's the general consensus on the other bots? I've binge watched several video reviews of their other bots from BSF and KumaStyle, but it's hard to gauge the quality difference between the other 7 or so. Their Trypticon and Overlord impress me the most, but then I start to wonder if I need to pair them with a Metroplex and PMOP... at which point, should I just go all the way with an Omega Supreme, Fort Max and Scorponok? Slippery slope....

• Like Like x 1
  14. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Asking this in a Mastermade thread? :lol 

My favourites in terms of transformation were Trypticon, Omega and Fort Max (stability of the bot mode!). Overlord and PMOP were not as satisfying nor fun. Others sit in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

I have both Trypticon and Metroplex. They are great chunky bots. More poseability than you’d think. Overall, they are just great fun. Their Scorpinok, Omega, andFortress are a bit too stylized for my personal taste.

These Constructicons look quite fun too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bakerjin

Haha, I know that all of the bots have critically favourable reviews. BSF and KumaStyle are never hesitant to call a spade a spade so for them to respect this company and its figures so much is a testament to their quality. I was more so asking about the "ranking" so to speak of each figure that this company has made, and whether the statues and upgrades are worth it. For example, I wasn't sure if the older bots (Metroplex, Omega) still kept pace with newer figures like PMOP and Overlord.

Thanks for your input, sounds like the older ones hold up just as well! I think Trypticon, Metroplex and Omega will be sure purchases for me (since they are all rivals for Seasons 1-3 of G1). Scorponok and Overlord look fantastic but I'm unsure if I want to get PMOP and Fort Max as their rivals...

• Like Like x 1
  17. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    The only really negative thing I recall for any of MM’s releases is that their Scorponok has weak hips and/or thighs.

And, I have and adore their Trypticon. It’s one of the high points of my collection, along with Iron Factory’s Bruticus.

18. My Nightingale

My Nightingale Well-Known Member

So! With owning all the MM figures. And their Busts. I can say MM is my all time favorite line out of any line in 3rd party world. The quality is fantastic. And some of them are HEAVY.

Here is MY RATING: Lesser FAVORITE TO FAVORITE , ALONG with my favorite features and least favorite features along with its BUST.
    (They're all amazing, there isn't one that is BAD. )

Least Favorite:
    DIABOLUS REX -
    Its a GREAAT FIGURE. The most Modular GUNs and accessories ever. You can mix and match configuaration and its fantastic! Only grip, is pose in DINO mode is VERY limited after a while. But it is a Dinosaur. No Bust, but the anount of guns, and Mini Megatron makes up for it.
    OVERLORD - Still very fantastic! Its has VERY impressive Altmodes, probably best in the line. TANK, and a huge JET. And its fortress mode is nice too! However. It is probably the least best quality figure. Die-cast on only feet, INSANLY TIGHT LEGS. And my god the 5mm pegs are very tight with this one. (I had to sand down the pegs, and add dish soap to legs to loosen it better)
    The bust is not painted all that much! But! I don't see a point in owning the Bust, as its really just a smaller head without the moving mouth feature, and 2 swords. Last grip is, THE GIANT. backpack.. I mean its okay. But they could've made it smaller. The Shockwave that comes with figure makes up alot!

Scorponok : Probably the most craziest looking MM figure. Its HUGE. alot bigger than any other figure besides FORMAX, the alt mode is IMPRESSIVE. The robot mode IMPRESSIVE. The BUST. FANTASTIC,. THE BUST is a must have , as it looks so much Better with the BUST head. Gripes:
    As crazy as it looks, wow . It is unplayable. Legs loose. Waist loose. Its top heavy, due to scorpion parts so it beds backwards. The HEAD it comes with has a little figure inside to make the face, It is frustrating to put back together. A pain. This figure is just a display piece for me. Touching it, feel like it will fall apart. ITS HEAVY and BIG . So shipping with cost you.
    METROPLEX; AWESOME GUY. if you can get em. Get the new Reissued one. Probably the the most playable one to me. It has no Hard ratchets. Its silent , it's so nice. I'm not a fan of HARD ratchets, and man is it playable.
    The Bust is a must have as the bust has alot of accessories and a GREAT proportionate head. With all accessories from the bust attached, its a whole new figure, amazing. The mini Figure is cute! No Gripes besides, how expensive it is. Its Solid. The alt mode is wierd but thats just Metroplex.

OMEGA SUPREME: Damn this is a fun figure.
    Its gauntlets combine to either a HAMMER, A ROCKET. HANDS, rocket launcher , A FREAKING BOW. It's impressive. I love the moving facial features. But The bust is a must have. As it gives you a beautiful head and shoulders , to fit the entire body silhouette. The fortress mode is cute. But the robot mode is where its at. Beware, the pistons on his legs get stuck very often, given how old it is. If you do get the bust. Beware there is no storage for the Tank Head if you plan to use the bust head.
    Fort MAX: The Largest MM figure in the entire line, maybe just above Scorponok. My god its heavy. And wow, you get what you pay for. Its impressive. Where to begin. Its wings can are attachable Gauntlets. its sword and gun is massive. The size of CAESAR. The base head , is a whole figure on its own. And ITS HEAD is a Mini figure on its own ! 3 figures one price.
    Alt mode is the weakest of the line.
    The BUST isn't necessary. its impossible to find anyways. But it does make the figure look proportionate. There is no storage to place the base head on to the bust.
    Grip: Man is this thing heavy. And big. You might have to pay x2 shipping to get it to you.

PMOP: in my opinion the best MM figure to date. Wow. Its impressive, It is Not too big, not to small, probably the most modular MM figure in the line. Same size as overlord. But nearly the same build quality as overlord. However. You grt so much stuff. (Assuming u get the DELUXE PACKAGE. )
    You get, 16 accessories. 16!! Thats not counting the MINI OPTIMUS PRIME figure, and bust! The mini figure can store in its chest! Or you can use a extra Foe chest piece as a filler.
    The mini optimus is fantasticly posable. Also turns into a truck! The best part is, its so modular. Mix and match all the parts anywhere you want. The main figure is highly posable, there pegs holes everywhere , and with every accessory on. Wow it is a HEAVY Figure. And very chunky. I Love it. The alt mode is just as impressive and super easy. The DELUXE Version is HIGHLY Recommended.
    I take pictures of this figure the most as in person its beautiful. You get so much, its insane how much you get for the price.
    Again, 16 modular accessories. The figure, the bust. The mini figure, insane.
    Only gripe. *wow irs arms are very tight ratchet joins.

• Like Like x 4
  19. bakerjin

This is an incredibly helpful post, thank you SO much for your thoughts! Exactly what I was looking for!

I think I'll definitely get an Omega Supreme then to pair with this Devastator; That's unfortunate that Trypticon and Overlord are two of your least favorite figures, as they were high on my want list. Might still get them to pair with Metroplex and PMOP though, while foregoing Scorponok and Fort Max. Scorponok LOOKS awesome but without playability it'd be nearly useless to me. I've read in other threads and a couple video reviews how his hip joints are super loose too. Fort Max would look weird without Scorponok so I'll probably pass on him too. You've convinced me on PMOP though, I was lukewarm on it since I never had a powermaster Prime as a kid or watched the original show he starred in, but your mini-review highlights everything I'm looking for in these figures. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Delduwath

I have their Trypticon and Omega Supreme. I personally find Diabolus Rex to be absolutely wonderful - I think he's much more visually interesting than e.g. Metroplex or Fort Max (if only because humanoid robots are common; T-Rex robots are a little bit less so). I personally don't care about the busts, so Diabolus Rex not having one is a non-issue for me. I suppose the poseability is limited compared to the humanoid robots in the series, but you can get some cool and evocative poses with personality; I'm happy with that.

If you like how Diabolus Rex looks, I would recommend considering if the drawbacks (like no bust and limited poseability) would actually be drawbacks for you, you know? I have no regrets about getting Diabolus Rex.

• Like Like x 1