Master Made SD Metroplex and SD Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Nov 9, 2014.

1. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    These were all issues I had with my (new) Titan back when I got it. They annoyed me enough that I sold it off. The batteries worked in mine, though.

Loose fingers and fairly weak knees were my biggest bugaboos.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Got him used - but specifically asked about any issues ahead of time. Seller said it was like new and no issues.

I dunno - I don't want to be a b*tch and I guess they are issues I can live with, but still kind of crummy. Was just wondering if it was a common thing with the figure new out of the box or if it was really something due to excessive play - which I think for $100+ figures, isn't really that likely.

Also, I can't seem to see where I can access the knee joint to either tighten by screw or squirt in some future (which I hate doing btw).

Which batteries did you guys end up using for it? I tried some AG1 that I had that seemed to fit but nothing.

Thanks for the help guys. He does look decent, but definitely not on the same level as Rex or Apollo.

3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Mine was pretty solid at time of purchase, and played around alot and it got looser, cause not strong ratcheted joints like Appollo. It is still not how you described yours though. Sorry for the bad luck, I think i personally would ask the seller for a reasonable" discount (like 10 - 15$) for the false description, or give him a bad review if not. Anyways, look wise, i personally prefer Titan in all modes vs Apollo, eventhough Apollo much better built with now all very strong ratchets (heck, not sure i have seen so much ratchets all throughout a figure, evaaaa), and Titan goes super good with Iron Factory Sixgun and Manacle and Windblade and Prowl and Prime, and i really love the base mode too.

For Apollo, i am now using the upgrade kit backpack AND the standard backpack in conjunction, and the wires, and ever since then, i really love the figure much more. I do like the shuttle itself, but not crasy about the alt mode to be honest, i think Titan and Rex are much nicer alt modes.

[​IMG]

4. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hi - Seller ended up being a chump and saying that neither the knees or shoulders were loose when he shipped it. SURE. Sent him videos showing the obvious flop - can't even pick them up without the knees and arm immediately flopping around. No response and of course insinuated that I did it myself. Guess that's the risk when you buy 2nd hand.

Just wish I could figure out how to tighten up the joints some or get access to the screws (if it's even a screw).

Anybody know what batteries work for the head and chest....?

Edit - Nevermind - They are: SR416SW-337

5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That looks awesome, but can he still transform with the new parts? I'm gonna get the set but probably keep the big head. We'll see how I feel when I see it. I really wish it was cheaper and didn't come with the whole bust since you can't use it. I'd rather it come with more accessories or some alternate parts to help the alt modes look better. That's my only gripe with this almost perfect figure.

Is there a release date for this? I haven't seen it for preorder anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Reissue of titan coming in may.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Source? Any idea if it's going to have any extras or differences to the original?

9. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    wow, re-issue at 160 USD? I understand it includes shipping, but still. The original was at 135 USD...

11. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

I'm really tempted to go in on this, but damn 160 is steep. Think US retailers will charge the same amount

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    nice of them to give the reissue a "look how much they've been selling for on the secondary market" price. It's a great toy but even the original price felt a bit much.

13. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Does seem to be kind of Richard move on their part. I think I'm going to put mine on the market along with Destroy Scorpion. I like them both but they just don't wow me like Omega and Trypticon did.

14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Full Service City

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Is there a ko of this guy out there?

I just received him (got overly excited about Odin and ordered Titan and the upgrade kit to try out first) and some of the joints are rediculously loose and the left wrist join is slightly malformed. Also some black scuffs in places and I’ve had the entire right side of the chest fall off (not the upper sliding part).

If this is official, how is master made for replacement parts? I’ll tighten everything up myself, but I can’t fix a malformed joint.

• Like Like x 1
  16. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't think there's a KO, But yeah my Titan has some loose joints as well (fingers and knees mostly). Are Omega/Trypticon/Scorponok generally tighter?

• Like Like x 1
  17. zamha2157

zamha2157 Active Member

My Rex (not trypticon) is quite tight on the joints..Heard that MM is reissuing Titan & Rex end of this year..fingers crossed they fix the loose joints..

• Like Like x 1
  18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Ok, so no ko.

What’s the word on master made’s Customer service? They do a good job with replacement parts?

• Like Like x 1
  19. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Personal experience was hassle free. Granted it was not for their TF series, but one message on Weibo and they sent the replacement parts totally free. Did not even have to pay shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You should always go with your retailer first.

• Like Like x 2