Master Made Apollo SDT-03 (Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jun 12, 2015.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Besides loving MasterMade’s Trypticon anyway, I too do not have space for HasTak’s Trypticon unless I leave that in the semiofficial 4th Gator/Qbert mode featured in the TF Legends comic that came with the Takara Tryps. And, honestly, I wasn’t previously fond of Trypticon.

But, Diabolus Rex was a real stunner. I like SD/Chibi figs, so I was already pretty smitten with MasterMade’s style as they started out. Now, I probably should’ve gotten into 3P collecting a couple years ago when that released, but I’m glad to have snagged one from RoboToyBase a few months back. I also noticed some reissues of MM’s Tryps and Metroplex at ShowZ and a couple other spots around when Rex arrived, so that’s good that there’s a few more out there. But, there’s nothing for Apollo, yet, though there’s a few Scorponoks available, as well.

Still, there’s also MechFansToys’ “Huge Dragon,” which is not chibi but is a Legends Omega Supreme. And, here’s the thread for that~ MechFans Toys MF-10 Huge Dragon (Omega Supreme)

2. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

My sales thread..never transformed with an unopened bust kit at 165 shipped ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have a problem with me? Take it up with the big guy!

4146C5EF-A769-4A14-BFEB-BC58851BE68A.jpeg D6DB962C-ED9C-400C-AA14-3DE41FC0BAAB.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  4. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

This is happening to mine too, but way worse. I wonder if there's a way to replace the tubing? Do they sell that kind of stuff anywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  5. HADRON

HADRON .1%R

Mine broke too. After less than a year.. the only way to basically repair, is use cyanoacrylate glue. Rub in synthetic O-ring grease after and it will last and not break. Or at least last a lot longer.. Rub it in before it breaks to prevent cracks in the first place. Do not use silicone lubricant..people think it helps rubber like that last. It doesn't. It does the opposite.
    Here is a grease I use that is for RC applications but all round for any rubberized materials you want to last and not dry out. It will soak in and not remain super greasy. That's about the best I can offer. Mine are back together and haven't broke again since..
    You can buy rubber tubing to replace...The exact kind, ( called Ugly Tube ) used to be sold at mechaskunk, but I can't remember where else to pick it up and I think mechaskunk is out of business.. so.. my fix was my fix. ;-)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Good to know. I just ordered this guy with the bust kit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HADRON

HADRON .1%R

Well. The wiring will almost for sure not work, or maybe it will? ( I have fixed a few now, some do, some no.. mine , no, but I fixed it. They seemingly shipped the wiring elsewhere) and the rubber thing.. but even so. The wiring is repairable, ( I wrote about this before here ) and I would still have to recco the figure and say it is amazing.
    Chunky, poseable, durable, metal, tons of configurations for your display, etc. Check out Kuma's review. Really cool.

Just really Master Made and worth it imo other than those flaws. I love all the SD city series etc they did.
    Just saw the Fort Max in person too. It is way better irl than in the pics as usual.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Deceptimatrix

Thanks, but mine is way too far gone for that. I'm going to check out my local hobby store later this week and see what they have to possibly replace them. I'll post an update here if I have any luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

Check Home Depot, etc in the plumbing dept as well. The tubing isn't particularly special that I recall and appears pretty off-the-shelf so any old tubing of the same diameter should suffice, imho.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

disappointed to hear this. I will refrain from playing with Apollo too much, those tubes really look great.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CronoSabre

CronoSabre Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of a reissue for Apollo? TF direct shows it as a pre-order item, but I am not convinced that this is true, so I am looking for some other proof.

MASTER MADE - SDT-03 APOLLO

I think I have finally been convinced to jump in on these figures and wanted to start with Apollo. If a reissue is happening then I will wait it out and hope that they will have improved the wiring.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Deceptimatrix

Play has nothing to do with it. I've only transformed this guy once, posed him, and then put him on the shelf. Went to rearrange some stuff to make room for Odin and found that the hoses had basically disintegrated. No direct sunlight and I don't live in the desert. Complete mystery....

• Like Like x 1
  13. TraitorJ

TraitorJ Well-Known Member

I chalked mine up to the way I had them set up. I thought it was due to them being slightly stretched for periods of time, so I'm glad/sad to hear that there seems to be more people experiencing it.

Sucks though, I really like the way it looks on him. I'll give what HADRON suggested a try, since they're only cracked.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just pulled the trigger.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

more disappointing, then.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from TFS. Delivery tomorrow! If you want Destruction Scorpion (who is awesome), I think BBTS has him on sale recently.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm aiming for trypticon next. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. CronoSabre

You inspired me! I also pulled the trigger today!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Deceptimatrix

I never thought of that, its probably what happened to mine too.

I'm going to shop around this weekend to see if I can find a viable replacement. I'll post an update if find anything.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CronoSabre

Well I got an email from the freight department at TFSource and they said that they were unable to fulfill my order as the packaging was severely damaged. So I guess no Apollo for me for now.

• Like Like x 1