Massive Fury Pack Available!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Niv3k, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Super Lazuli

Super Lazuli Active Member

Yeah, there really need to be more voice banks. All the ones they've got right now sound kinda samey.

2. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I think the problems with Bombshell might be limited to the PS3, I downloaded it on the xbox and don't seem to have any problems. Hound's head is just wrong for Hound. Makes a good Kup though.

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I play on PS3 and I don't find anything wrong with Bombshell aside from the sound. His legs animate well and his transformation is par for the course...

4. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

>people thinking different consoles make transformations any different
    >le me-me arrows

I'm losin' it over here guys ohgodlol

5. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Really?

When he jumps, he's complete stiff, it looks awkward. When moving forward while jumping his legs scuttle around with the same walking animation. To me, it's horribly noticeable. The transformation looks fine to me though.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I totally expected that.
    It's the way it was with the Dinobots.

If they were the Insecticon voices then I could totally hear:
    We need another teammate, teammate...
    Over and over again. :lol 

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Fixed. Shrapnel just repeated the last sylable-ble.

I'll admit, I was looking forward to this pack the most. Shrapnel is one of my favorite characters and I was really looking forward to playing with him in a swarm-swarm.

Except it didn't really happen. As the day wore on I saw more Insecticons (and a few Hounds), but it wasn't like when the Dinobots came out and we'd have games of 12 Dinobots repeatedly, or 11 Dinobots and a car-car.

I do like the Shrapnel character model (It's Shrapnel dangit, I don't care that it's called Sharpshot anywhere, like Slag, it's Shrapnel, despite what anyone says! Plus that's the characters name in my player list!) and in particular the slight buzzing he makes when thrusting/afterburnering forward. It would've been awesome if there were some way to get him to use the TDK Technovolt-volt. It would've been so fitting-ing.

HMS got me, I normally don't buy much, if any, DLC. But I bought all three packs and in a way, I'm glad I did. I've gotten enjoyment out of all of them, and all of the packs are in play in my lineup of characters in one way or another. It also helps that I had friends and we all went in on the purchase price rather than just me footing the entire bill. However, I'd be really irratated had I gone via Amazon Pre-order rather than GameStop. That G2 Bruticus is terrible. Not the Bruticus model itself, but for what you got comparatively. A quarter of a level with a different skin. Nothing in the final battle, no G2 characters for their other levels. Man, that would've been really iratated me-me.

I'll admit it, I'm also not one for joining clans or the like, but an Insecticon Swarm group could be fun-fun.

8. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, I'm seeing lots of Bombshells today, but no love for the flyers? I want to see them in action.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Interesting, yesterday I saw a few Bombshells, but a lot of Kickbacks. I played Shrapnel like mad yesterday, he may be my new favorite MP Scientist design.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Does he have a jump animation? Because what you described is pretty much the same as everyone else is experiencing, unless you DO have a jump animation.

11. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to anyone who likes it but... the G2 Bruticus skin is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
    All of the nasty patterns and cheap knock-off toy colours... blech.
    I refuse to buy the MF Pack as a whole as long as he is part of it. (Even more so as I already have G1 Optimus and the Weapons.

12. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once I get Borderlands 2 out of my system I'll get back on FoC and pick this up.

It still really bums me out that Bruticus is limited to only that one section. We really should have gotten Swindle at the very least, and ideally all of the Combaticons. The colors also should have been usable in MP, like how you can use G1 OP parts. Even if the camo prints were limited to just ordinary Combaticons with no customized parts.

13. MarChaos

MarChaos TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

So Hardshell's a Hercules bettle, Kickback's a grasshopper (though he looks like a hybrid of a grasshopper and a wasp) and Sharpshot's what exactly?

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The jaws indicate Sharpshot is some kind of stag beetle.

15. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

Hardshell has probably the coolest look I've seen out of all the character sets. It pains me that I won't be buying this pack. At least not until there is a price drop

Btw I'd like to see someone attempt to make BW Scorponok using Kickback's chassis

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't understand what's the problem with it. About the only thing I think anyone can have a reasonable complaint about is yellow Onslaught, but I've made my peace with him way back in 1994.

His colors are actually interesting rather than the stupid bland blob that is the standard Bruticus, and fuck, the camo actually makes him look military. That's the point, right? He's a bunch of military robots, and the camo actually hammers that in really well. Who cares if it's purple? He's a giant robot, and what's to blend in on Cybertron anyways? It's a unified color scheme that works really, REALLY well for the character.

My only beef is that the colors seem to be too muted when I ran through that part of the campaign. They weren't as bright as they were in the trailer of G2 Bruticus.

17. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I really want out of this set is Hound, maybe Sharpshot. The models do look neat though.

18. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Shrapnel's shoulders look great, fit really well with a Shockwave torso too.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Opinions are opinions and I can't go against it even though I love the G2 bruticus

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    What?
    Are you kidding?

You're not getting Hound and the Insecticons because of an optional skin you don't even have to look at?
    And you also imply you don't realize the colors are based on Generation 2 Bruticus' colors...