Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Four Blurrs? That would mean that Wal-Mart got two cases of deluxes since Blurr is packed two per case.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StarGazed

StarGazed Member

Target @ Holyoke Mall

Attached Files:

3. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

Thanks, Strife.

Just a heads up to everyone hunting, I went in and grabbed the Framingham Cosmos this afternoon. Almost left when I didn't see it on the shelf, but took Strife's advice here and found a nice associate who said he would try to grab it for me, provided that someone with a key was still working and could get him to the case.

I saw on his inventory tracker the number 8, but I'm guessing that it's only a case-pack number and not that are 8 cases of Velocitron deluxes in back with 8 Cosmos, he brought the full case out to me and it was standard (not an all Cosmos case).

Anyway, thanks again for the info y'all. Just trying to save folks gas and time if Framingham is on your docket. Hopefully more figures make their way out there and everyone thats wants one can grab him!

4. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    FWIW, Swansea and Seekonk Walmarts got their Velocitrons and already picked over, no Cosmos.
    I snagged the lone Blitzwing from Swansea's upper shelf.
    Nothing too noteworthy at the Targets, Seekonk Target had at least 1 red Cog.

5. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Danvers Walmart still hasn't finished working on the Lego isle for their reset. Been that way since Friday, so not expecting them to get through the rest of them for a while.

6. Moxy

Moxy Active Member

Walmart South Worcester is emptying toy palettes tonight. They opened up one of the Velocitron boxes and I scored a Cosmos before closing. I don't know if they have a second or more Deluxe box. Left the other seven deluxes alone. Sucks there is only one Cosmos per box.

7. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I just wanna confirm this and share what else I've learned having done so many Walmart loops and looked over a lot of threads (including out of states).

It seems Walmarts are getting the following:
    1 case Deluxes - 8 deluxe class figures with 1 Cosmos
    2 cases of Voyagers - 2x Road Haulers and 2x Overrides
    2 cases of Leaders - 4x Scourges

In the UK, their distributor for this wave is getting all-Cosmos cases, but that will be up to Walmart to order (so I wouldn't count on it). But thinking about how these things have gone before, I think there is hope for everyone. Walmart will will order more deluxe cases, especially as we near the holidays as these are it's Holiday Transformers offering. As shown by the shelfwarming of the Kingdom predacons, they order a lot of cases of their exclusves per store ultimately and they seem to order them at the expense of the general waves. The trick is going to be knowing when to be there to ask if they have it in back. The weeks around Thanksgiving are the obvious ones. Maybe mid-September too?

BBTS will be putting up Takara's offering of these at some point. That was my backup. If I were you guys, I would place an order for it as soon as it goes up, without hesitation and eat the premium. It'll save you gas and stress.

Secondly, I'm not quite sure how it works on the backend, but BBTS has been a dumping ground for many exclusives from Walmart and Target the last couple of years. It seems after an exclusivity period expires, either BBTS vacuums them up as Walmart and Target attempt to sell them to downstream discount retailers, or Hasbro distributes them to BBTS to create an alternative collector avenue. Most recently and relevantly the Walmart Vintage Beast Wars figures have all ended up here. So in 2023, if you're still looking for Cosmos, good chance it'll be there.
    Transformers Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles, and More!

Lastly, and this is just gut feeling, I'd bet good money that once the exclusivity period expires, Hasbro does all-Cosmos cases through Pulse. They have done this for other exclusives (not just Transformers, but a lot of Marvel Legends).

In short, as frustrating as this is, I do think that everyone who really wants one is gonna get one. Just not necessarily soon.

One more thing: if I see any Cosmos', my offer remains - I'll sell them to anybody at cost (retail price+Mass sales tax). You'll just have to meet me somewhere for the exchange.

8. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unrelated, any Blitzwings seen in the area recently? I need to pick one up, preferably before I travel to Europe. Or does anyone have the Blitzwing barcode for me to ask someone at a Walmart?

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pittsfield Walmart had Velocitron Deluxes: 1x Clampdown, 2x Burnout, 2x Road Rocket, 1x Blurr. Cosmos was long gone, empty spaces where the Voyagers should've been, and no sign of Scourge.

10. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scourge is almost certainly just still in the back in the case. The Voyagers maybe too. What I've learned hunting around is that the Associates are only putting them on shelves to fill voids. I.e. when there is a leader void, they'll get the Scourge case out.

11. SidwaysStraxus

SidwaysStraxus Well-Known Member

Stopped at the target in Woburn on commerce way after dropping my parents off at the airport. Two red cogs, a Dinobot Sludge, a junkheap, and three beasts collide sets on shelves. Has anyone seen the legacy wave 2 deluxes on shelves? Tfwiki is implying the wave is in mass retail now...

Edit, tapped the north reading walmart not long after. They definitely had multiple speeding deluxe cases. 3 each of rocket, blurr, and burn out, one clampdown. No voyagers or scourge spotted, though there IS a studio series Kup and Blurr on the rack

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  12. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Reset for the action figure isle is done, but they haven't put out any stock yet. Not sure if they are finishing the other isles first.

13. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Has anyone found a Minerva in a Walgreens yet?

I just want to know if I’m wasting my time or not.

14. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasn’t been spotted in the US yet. All copies in the wild are from Asia / Oceania. Walgreens TF exclusives are usually a mid-September launch. For Massachusetts since national distribution is usually west to east and mid Atlantic north, probably no earlier than mid October on shelves.

Regardless if you want to save gas, Pulse will carry it like they do all Walgreens exclusives (though probably not until December or 2023).

15. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was looking for a present for my nephews so stopped at Framingham Walmart They have on the shelf the Velocitron deluxes minus Cosmos. CLAMPDOWN IS THERE. I put him behind a black panther cosplay thing on the shelf below, so he doesn't get ninja'd, if any of you are hunting him.

IMG_0187.jpg IMG_0188.jpg

They also have two Vintage Beast Wars Optimus Primals on clearance for $30, one in the toy aisle down a bit, and one in the clearance shelf in the middle of the walkway outside the toys.

IMG_0189.jpg

So what's going on with the Framingham Target, by the way? I know Target wants to slash it's inventory but in all the years I've shopped there, I've never seen the Action figure aisle look so depleted. There's nothing for large stretches of shelves. Not to mention much of the rest of the store is in complete disarray. This Target is a major store. Route 9 is second to only Downtown crossing in Massachusetts commerce. But random Targets across the area are both better stocked, and in better shape.

16. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Salem Wal-Mart got some more Velocitron figures but there was no Cosmos. I picked up an Override and there are several more there. They also had a Jhiaxus which I grabbed

Salem Target got some new things in for once and have two Motormasters.

17. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The skies opened up and the target in Framingham restocked some stuff. Most of all they got the next wave of ss86 core class. Wheelie and ratchet sighted in the state! I picked up a wheelie but there are one left. I hid it behind a red cog for anyone who wants it. Two ratchets left too. Got him through Amazon.
    7619EAFA-649E-4C6F-89B5-658C52006B85.jpeg 9337A8D7-970A-44D8-AB18-8BD5EF89AB89.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. TFs on Vacation

TFs on Vacation Vacation Expert

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Legacy Wave 2 at the Newbury Comics in Natick!

Attached Files:

19. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just ducked into the Worcester Walmart on Tobias Boland Way, Vintage Optimus Primal & Kingdom Scorpinok in clearance section.

SS Leader Starscream x3, to many of the Beast Repaints to count. 2 Vintage Tigertron, and a few of the small SS guys like Ravage & Shockwave.

I didn’t see any Velocitron.

20. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Danvers Walmart has three Velocitron Haulers and two reissue Terrorsaurs.