Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

So... am I the only one who thinks of Building #19 when you see the posts about Ollie's? With the same "Good Stuff Cheap" tag line and caricature guy. B19 was like a damn flea market, though. hah I'd love a nice outlet store that sells toys that's not a TJMarshalls or something. I wish there was a store here in MA. =\

• Like Like x 1
  2. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Completely agree. Art style is the same, font is right. Deals are similar. B19 was great for random stuff like that. It would be my second bargain stop usually after Ann and Hope.

3. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Definitely. I was telling a friend about the Ollie's/TRU news and I commented on how their ads seemed like a rip-off of Building 19. Being a Western Mass native, he hadn't heard of it though so I just sounded like a kook.

On a different note, I just saw a PotP Inferno at Holyoke Target if anyone is still looking for that.

Thank you

4. DB621zmi

DB621zmi Well-Known Member

5. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Seekonk Wal-Mart has 1 Novastar left as of about 1:30 this afternoon (I bought the other.) Also a Hun-Grrr
    Seekonk Target has 1 Quintus Prime left (I bought the other, and the lone Solus.) And Hun-Grrr, Inferno, and Elita-1.

6. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

51DAE2F0-B827-4A78-9A7D-0B7301B9918E.jpeg
    Got a Novastar at Walmart in Weymouth, one left as of last night

7. Optimus007

The second one is now above the pegs so you guys can find it.

8. Optimus007

Blot, sinnertwin and cutthroat are at walmart in Saugus as of 9 am

• Like Like x 1
  9. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Closest thing we currently have in MA is probably Job Lot, but last time I saw anything there bigger than Legends class, was the "Cybertron" Starscream/Vector 2-pack about a year after Cybertron was over.

10. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

Not at all. A lot of the jokes on the signs seem stolen, too. Ollie's does live up to the "Good" part of "Good stuff cheap" better than B19 did, though.

I knew a guy who planned to visit all the B19s in a single day, and buy something from each one, before they all closed. Unfortunately, the only day he could do it was the day before Thanksgiving, when the stores closed early, so he missed the last one and had to settle for a photo. One of the other stores gave him a piece of artwork when he explained what he was doing.

Years before that, Building 19 1/8 was demolished to make room for a drugstore. It was a brick building, so there was a pile of bricks surrounded by a fence. I drove up, my cousin hopped the fence, grabbed two bricks, hopped back over, and we drove off. I put my brick in the tank of my parents' downstairs toilet to save water. I think it's still there.

The Ollie's in Woonsocket, RI is just over the MA border. It's probably closer to you than a lot of places in MA are. They didn't have any TR wave 5 last week, but they did have some TR Deluxes (Krok, Quake) and Voyagers (Blitzwing, Octane), along with over 20 TLK Hot Rods.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Swansea Wal-Mart:

Power of the Primes wave 3 deluxes

12. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date September 30th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon September 30th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Movie Madness. No not the Bay-verse Movie and Bots. The 1986 Movie just hit the big screen again and was a huge hit. Did you go and see it? Lets talk about it!
    (2) Generation one rules. To Celebrate the return of the G1 Movie G1 Bots or restyled updated versions are the name of the game this go round . (3) Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege is it the next evolution of Generations? Let's talk about it. Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one

13. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has Optimal Optimus been released in our area? Or is Hasbro just skipping that, considering they've been passive aggressive about him the entire time.

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I haven't seen any sighting in any of the NE threads yet. Most stores in southern NH (that still carry leader class figures BTW) are full of the Optimus/Rodimus wave.

15. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    i have only bumped into 1 Unicronus since its release. Prime and Roddy have been all i have seen so far for Leader class.

16. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Swansea Walmart:

Power of the Primes Nova Star

17. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Walmart.... G1 pls. pretty pls? I need that Devastator. And I'll take a Starscream and Hot Rod while I'm at it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    ^You and me both. I want to relive buying a G1 Devastator giftset nearly 35 years later.

19. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Danvers Walmart has the shelf tags for Devy ($74) and Hot Rod ($29). Empty shelves and all the stock going out today, I didn't see any boxes.

So close, yet so far...

20. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

Walmart in Fall River had cyberverse Warriors waves 1 and 2, and Bumblebee movie Energon Igniters and a Leader sized VW Bee.