Mass vs alien look

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jorod74, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    that's just it though, slavish accuracy to the source material ≠ superior. Take "The Shining" for example. The Kubrick version is a masterpiece of suspense and terror. But the tv miniseries, which was pretty much the book verbatim, sucked horribly. A croquet mallet massacre? A heroic sacrifice at the end to blow up the house? Some things just don't translate to cinema without being plain ridiculous.

2. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

you try withstanding a 6000 degree manesium burn and not lose a limb, the humans even said it can melt tank armour and its frickin 6000 degrees

3. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:

* wonders how hot freak'n re-entry burn into a planet is because they definitely all could take that with no problems.

Obviously not all parts (because of size or function) would be equal in their strengths, that's why you wrap armor around it. How the design stand they had huge chinks in their armor, not good if your trying to stop a blow or make it glance off.

Your posts seem to be contradictory, at first you seem to be against deviation from source material and then you say it makes for a better cinematic experience.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Let me guess, you never actually saw the movie did you? The humans kicked some of the Decepticons asses. THE HUMANS KICKED DECEPTICON ASS! That should never happen!
    Probably because of the lack of body armer.

5. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A) In all fairness, the 'Cons gave as good as they got. It wasn't an ass kicking.

B) Snake Eyes has taken out entire Decepticons on his own. I think the entire US military can handle a couple if they need to. Human destruction of Transformers isn't something Bay invented, and has happened multiple times in the franchise's long history. It's silly to only call it out in the movie.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I've never noticed it anywhere else. Maybe with the exception of GI Joe. But usually they're teamed up with the Autobots anyway.
    I think the movie stands out so much farther for me because it was much more unbelievable.

7. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, a human took out Unicron once. Without G.I. Joe. Compared to some of the older Transformers fiction, the movie humans are positively useless in battle.

8. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

its called being iced over and a special protoform mode that protects them did you not see the pieces falling off from them when they entered the atmoshpere

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Oh yea, I forgot all about that. You win good sir. I tip my to you.

10. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    This topic was tired when we did it 2 years ago.

11. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One quick thought on mass-shifting.

While Bay may not believe in robots doing it, he certainly believes that spectacles can perform this trick.

When Prime picks them up from the water-shed they're just a hair too small for him to wear ;) 

That bugs the crap out of me every time. What a missed opportunity for the infinitely-complex-fiddly-bit Movie Prime to extrude a tiny gripper from one finger or something.

D/L

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

On the contrary. By the looks of things I'd say it has just woken up, and feels quit invigorated. Otherwise it wouldn't keep going.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I have to say that's bullshit. It doesn't matter how busy the designs are, the moviebot's downfall was closeup blurry action and save for Optimus not enough color variations. My guess is that more G1 esque bots would be bothered by those two factors as well.

14. Mr.Sci-Fi

News Credits:
    Simpler streamlined objects are easier to make out than complex busy objects period.

I agree the camera work was bad, but simpler more streamelined designs would have helped. They wouldn't have solved the problem but they would've helped a decent amount in actions performed on screen, especially at night scences.

15. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

QFT

16. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Yes definitely, agreed. Its just the bot's colours and the shakey camera that made everything blurry, not the bot's designs.

17. Mr.Sci-Fi

News Credits:
    Well the put it this way then, g1's have more armor, more armor equates to more color becuase the only color on the movie bots was on the armor. more armor= sleeker design= more color.

18. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

And giant cubes. For writers that said no mass shifting, that was a mass shift on a grander scale than Megatron to a handgun.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    that wasnt mass shifting. it collapsed in on itself, millions of times.

and it should be allowed for the cube, given it's power and unknown origin.

20. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I kinda forgive the cube 'cause its a magical-doo-hickey, though the point stands given what a big deal they made of "No one would believe mass-shifting" they sure mass shifted the hell out of the All Spark. Doesn't help that Sam SOOOO handles it like its made of styrofoam, which likely it was, a little "Act like the thing is heavy" direction mighta helped.

But them glasses, wooo boy they look rediculous ;) 

D/L