Mass vs alien look

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jorod74, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I agree. My biggest problem with the designs were that they had no body armor. I mean it was no wonder why the humans creamed some of the cons.
    But they can't be as boxy as the G1 characters. I mean many of the G1 designs were what they were partly because it was a cartoon series, and in an animated series, simple works best. Simpler designs, are easier, quicker, cheaper, and at the end of the day the animators are less likely to shoot themselves.
    For the movie I would have liked to have seen more of a fusion of the movie bots, and the bots they were based on.
    Take this link for example: http://timshinn73.deviantart.com/art/Movie-Megatron-Poster-Redux-56142506
    The image is by timshinn73. I think he's also on this site too. I'm pretty sure. This is what I wished Megatron looked like in place of that p.o.s. we ended up getting.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

That reminds me a lot of BW Megs

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They probably did and then laughed for a week straight considering nothing Pat Lee ever drew could possibly transform, or even exist in a world with physics.

Metal that looks like an overly-inflated balloon that also happens to crack like glass, and transform into things that don't even slightly resemble vehicles = shit.(seriously, look at pat lee's optimus in truck mode. it's a joke)

4. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

I was wondering for the reason of Megatron's hideousness in the movie. Was it because he never 'scanned' the vehicles on Earth when he landed? is that why he retained a really, alien form?

just wondering, sorry if this has been discussed already

5. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

what i want to know is how dose frenzy move?? how is he held togather? same go's for megatrons fingers and hell most of he's body. im not complaning its just that i would like to know how...and yes i have thought of the answer that the tech is beound our understanding thats not the answer im looking for.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    well, something you've gotta remember, at least in Megatron's case, that his skinniest, most spindly finger is probably about as wide as a human thigh.

7. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

ok u have a point there. still the pieces look like solid pieces being held togather by nothing.

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple. The sheer will of the All Spark is what keeps them together. And yes, while Scott Faraar said they did put random pieces in front of the camera to look more impressive, there is general logic in the designs, bar Frenzy who was solely designed as a robot.

[​IMG]

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with that sentiment. i guess i am just worried that MB will think that the newer TFs that show up on earth (since they are no longer living on Cybertron) should be more alien and we get, for example, Ultra Magnus that looks more like a Cthulu beast than what we got as Megatron.
    and just to drop the F bomb on us, the insecticons look actually exactly like the Deluxe Insecticons from G1.

maybe i am a nitpicker...but if Peter Jackson had used Shaq as Frodo and said, "well, do you see a midget climbing mount doom?" to explain it, his head would be in a glass case at the next SDCC.

should be a better middle ground.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    THis is true. Visually, though, Bumblebee was one of the smallest, and still the fan favorite for the movie. Bruce Lee was smaller than most his opponents and still won. I think of Ops in that way. In the 86 movie, he charged in against a Decepticon away and beat the pants off of all of them. After seeing him Transform, jump in the air and blast everyone, I think of him as equal parts hulk and spiderman, strong enough to knock you out, and agile enough to dance around you. If he was Ironhide's size, visually seeing him go up against someone who clearly outsizes him (Megs) would appeal to the underdog lover in us all. Seeing him tackle the impossible is great. But I still really like the new Ops, so I'm not bitchin

11. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    Anyone saying the freightliner is too small of truck hasn't seen the freightliner Argosy 110 mid roof model, it has an extended rear cab and is just as massive as a peterbuilt.

I would also say the movie bots didn't work out as well as they could have. Alot of scenes they were blurring messes of junk. It was hard to make out what was happeing in quite a few scenes because of their designs and camera work. Simpler bots make more sense, visually and in reality.

The transformers movie wasn't made or busted on the bot designs. The concept of the movie sold the movie and not the execution of it. As long as there was lots of action, big explosions and a few decent robots running around the movie would have made a decent profit and it did. Now, would it have been better if it had different bot designs? yes. It was a summer flick and it did summer flick numbers. We were hoping for more but this is what we got and it's here for the long run (atleast one or two movies more). I'm sorry for myself and others who wanted something as great as what peter jackson gave us for the ring trilogy but we shouldn't have gotten our hopes up when the producer and director was announced for this film. Bay is incapable of creating a masterfully done epic but he's a perfect for feeding the masses with what they want in a summer block buster.

Maybe one day a person like peter jackson will turn out a marvelously wonderful perfect TF movie but It will be a long time coming.

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    How did that happen?

I appear to have fallen through a wormhole and travelled back in time a whole year without realising it...

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You've learned to travel through time. At the speed of regular time.

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I concur. Close this thread.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I can't believe people are bitching about "lack of armor' on a robot entirely composed of hard, cybertronian alloys.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If the LOTR movies are anything to go by, it'll also be about 19 hours long, and almost all of it will be stunningly boring.

17. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    and contain multiple deviations from the source material, including the removal of many characters important to the story.

19. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I don't find any part of LOTR boring, that's my opinion. Moreover LOTR lines actually have depth, meaning, poetry etc.

Because it had to. If it was any closer to the source material, we'd have some elf guy who comes to save Frodo and does nothing else for the next 2 movies. We'd have Radagast the brown who also does nothing after chit-chatting with Gandalf.

What's the point of a character who makes a decision or does something important for the plot to continue, disappears for all the rest of the time.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Didn't seem to do them much good against the primative weapons we threw at them.