Mass Effect 3: SPOILER TAG YOUR STUFF OR FACE THE ANGRY MOB

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, I just got Mass Effect 3 in Shopto's sale. I might hang fire on playing it until the Extended Cut comes out so I can enjoy it properly at the time.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Glad to hear that it's free and that they'll be taking their time with it. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Hopefully, it will receive multiple new ending choices, so people who didn't like the
    Star Child
    won't have to deal with it.

And hopefully, this time it WILL be peer reviewed by the entire writing staff...You can really tell that it wasn't handled by the same people who did the Tuchanka and Rannoch sections of the game.

3. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Only a rumor right now, but it's something about the DLC checking to see if you have a valid Origin account before it's free (I'm guessing that means you'll only be able to download it once the game boots up, not directly from XBL or the Playstation Store). Its the same thing they did with the Cerberus Network in ME2. It's to stick it to game resale stores and people who buy used games.

Me too. Honestly for me, the DLC can consist of two things and I'll be happy. A shot of Tuchanka with a bunch of babies running around, and one of some of your crew hauling
    Shepard's broken, but not dead, body out of the Normandy on the jungle
    planet.

I'll be good with that until Mass Effect: The Next Generation where they
    rebuild the relays a thousand years later.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    lol and then I read this.

Well the extension better be damn amazing then. It's like they didn't even really bothered trying to listen to people's complaints.

5. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Bioware

"We have listened to all the views of our customers on the issue of Mass Effect 3' ending.
    And so we have decided to expand the ending and doing so will resolve any issue the
    community has."

Oh Bioware I love you guys I knew you would Troll and Troll Hard I just didn't think it would be this hard... Now I wonder if we can get you to change the ending to Mass Effect 1 and 2.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It is entirely possible that by extending it, they will somehow manage to make it even worse.

7. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

Really if this backfires*which I hope it will* I hope Bioware suffers for it REALLY suffers as in a blow they can never recover from like Sega suffered after they botched the Saturn.

I have not hated a developer like I hate Bioware in a long time.

8. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On one hand, I do appreciate Bioware sticking to their guns, and not outright changing the current ending, on the other, the current ending makes little sense.

I remain cautiously optimistic that with this second chance, they will craft the current ending into something that makes more sense (loads of extra dialogue options, please), and less grim.

That's worse case scenario, and I agree that it is entirely possible. Fingers crossed that's not the case.

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    So essentially, we are getting an "Epilogue" that is much better than the "Stargazer and Kid" at the end? And it's free? I'm cool with that. :D 

10. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which makes sense considering A) the area in question is out of the players view so why bother to even render it, and B) not going completely anatomically correct means there's much less chance of the media kicking up a shitstorm about it should someone rip the model. Remember people going nuts about the sex scene in ME1?

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I hope the new extended content fleshes things out but doesn't necessarily change things. Either way, I can't complain about free additional content.

12. hellrasinbrasin

Unless the free content is not as is advertised.

13. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Heh...I have to laugh at how cynical we have all become. :lol 

14. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I don't even want to read about it. I stayed away from ME3 information so everything was fresh, and I plan to do the same with any DLC, even if it's free.

15. hellrasinbrasin

But it it r-e-a-l-l-y free or are they just saying it is I mean Bioware isn't the most reliable company when it comes to its products anymore.

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    REALLY?

I mean REALLY???

Bioware has given us Mass Effect, Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragonage and you basically want them to close up shop?

Come on, grow up.

17. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Seriously. We have gotten some of the best games of this generation and last from them. They are so different from Sega it's ridiculous.

EDIT: I also don't even wish for Sega to go under, I don't really wish that of any company.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Agreed, they've given us many quality hours of entertainment, I'd like to see a return to form (if they have slipped at all. I came in late so I wouldn't know). Though I hardly see what is so bad about this concept (granted, not played the game yet, waiting for this free content now)

Though let's be serious, if you're disliking a company to the point of wishing near bankruptcy and closure upon them, maybe it's time to stop buying their product and go find another studio to support?

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, saying that goes too far. It's not the same company as it once was (that much is obvious from DA2, TOR and the direction ME2 and ME3 went in), but they still put out good games.

20. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

LOL so what I should praise them and ignore that they regularly insult people who don't share they're "vision" and lie through they're teeth because they've made a handful of good games are you seriously going to try that argument?

No when a company acts like arrogant jackasses and won't learn from it's mistakes I have no sympathy for them.

How bout you take off those rose tinted glasses instead?

Oh and Sega didn't close up shop after the Saturn they just stopped making hardware they're having trouble now because the only thing they make that sells is Sonic games so no I don't want Bioware out of business I want to see them knocked off they're high horse and realize they aint as hot as they think they are.