Mass Effect 3: SPOILER TAG YOUR STUFF OR FACE THE ANGRY MOB

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Apr 10, 2011.

1. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

2. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Indeed it is beautiful ::drool:  always use it against Atlas mechs when it's equipped, even when I do have missiles on me. Usually wipe out the shields and little more than half the armor, then I go in on foot and omni-blade the shit out of it :lol 

It's the same weapon that the Shadow Broker uses against you too in ME2, right? I can't remember using that weapon at all during the game.

EDIT: Yep, same weapon. Didn't end up using it because I always went with the Widow on the collector ship.

Does the weight of the weapons you carry affect gameplay? Never really noticed it. I know you can only hold two weapons (Unless you can hold all as the Soldier class in the full release.). My human soldier usually carries the Widow and Revenant. Krogan carries the Widow and Claymore.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    It'll tell you on the weapons screen what being over weight capacity does to your character

4. seven

Weight affects your sprint and your power cooldown (and possibly more). I usually stick with the base SMG (which is rank IX) since it allows a 200% power recharge.

5. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Thing is though, I was wondering because, getting funds in ME was a pain in the ass, and leveling up took a while. That's why I was worried. (And from what I've heard, the sucide mission is tough)

What does ME2 (and 3) do differently than the first one?

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well the ship upgrades are paid in resources (Paladium, Platinum, Irridium etc) like all the other upgrades. The devil in the detail here is that planet scanning is deathly boring. Once you upgrade the scanner and probe bay its less of an issue.

Also, if you do Lair of the Shadow Broker early, you can get locations of element rich planets from Liara which narrows down your searching.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It is indeed, guy was an asshole but I can't fault his choice of weapon.

Yeah, it does mess with your powers and you probably will notice the more significant penalties depending on how heavily your class uses its powers.
    I think the amount you can carry without penalty is also different for each class, with soldiers being able to carry the most.
    I noticed the Infiltrator seemed to have a fairly low carry capacity as giving my Salarian the infiltrator and nothing else put him around the penalty area.

I don't know if its just me imagining things but I think it might mess with your movement speed too. Im sure I was walking a lot slower with the Revenant and a pistol than I was with a rifle and shotgun.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    So uh,
    the Prothean will be a day 1 DLC character like Zaeed Massani.

Mass Effect 3 DLC Leaks to Xbox Live Marketplace - Xbox 360 News at IGN

This utterly baffles me. They do something as huge as a living Prothean, make him your squadmate...But then don't actually put him into the 'vanilla' game? WTF? I hope that he is less Zaeed and more like Liara (story character who is expanded upon in DLC), because if he's not going to play a huge role in the story proper, why even introduce him in the first place?

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ugh. I kinda want that character, but now I´m not sure if we will get CE version´s here, so I´m gonna have to spend an extra 20 euros to get the character. :/

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Same. Shadow Broker DLC really brought Liara's character out and she went from being "meh hot blue chick" to "2nd favorite female character" behind Jack.

Jack is also now working at Grissom Academy? It's what I've read in the Art of the Mass Effect Universe book. That's going to be interesting. She did grow her hair out a bit, mainly a ponytail and it does look really good on her character.

Also, some more idiotic randomness while we wait for ME3's release.
    Mass Defect - YouTube

11. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And that is why I will be waiting for a GotY edition. I'm so sick of all this day 1 DLC bullshit.

12. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

:wtf:  :confused2 

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Have you had the chance to play ME2 yet?

Sheppard getting killed during the suicide mission would be a story related thing only if the rest of your squad is kill, didn't do their side quests before the final mission, and you didn't upgrade your ship at all. As you're doing the suicide mission, if you're killed while playing it, you just reload the check point and do it again, ya know, like normal.

And as far as what ME 2 & 3 do different from ME1 can be touchy subject. In my opinion, all they did was use less numbers but still make it be the same overall style of game.

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    No, but I did play it at a friends house.

15. seven

16. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Bioware you disgraceful load of crap. I can't believe how absurd they are taking out a major plot point and expecting people to pay $10 for it. Being realistic, a lot of people buying ME3 aren't pre-ordering the CE, or even getting the CE at all, so naturally they would expect the game to be complete and have no extra charge, but Bioware clearly hasn't taken that into account.

I am severely pissed off right now :mad . ME3 will be my last EA game that's for sure.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

We all, spend more than 10 bucks on lumps of plastic. Bitching about 10 bucks for DLC is kinda pointless.

18. seven

At least theres the option to get it. My CE is paid for so it doesn't affect me much but I would be pretty mad if it wasn't an option to get it. Also I don't see it being a major plot point, major for the series maybe, but I doubt it ties into ME3s arc much if it's not in the base game.

19. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I've ordered standard edition with DLC, so does that mean I get the Prothean as part of that?

20. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The wait for this game has now begun to kill me.... Its not that I want to play the game, I not gonna play it until I finish some backlog. Its that I didn't preorder the CE. I've seen some stores have extra SE/CE of other games, but its all about getting to the store that might have it asap.