Mass Effect 3: SPOILER TAG YOUR STUFF OR FACE THE ANGRY MOB

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Oooooooh

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    "Building a game about exploring places, so you need a vehicle for that " Oh man oh man oh man

I'm so happy the Mako is back, I loved being able to drive around areas in the first game (the Hammerhead was poorly used in ME2) the only issue with the Mako wasn't really the car itself, just the terrible environments that we had to drive over. Bloody mountains everywhere. And I take it we'll probably be only able to play as a human, unless other race customisation is revealed later. I'd loooove to play as a Turian

EDIT: Just watched the video of the new Mako, those new environments make it look so much more fun to drive, can't wait

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
  4. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    We really need an official mass effect topic of sorts for generic mass effect stuff..

But I just started a fanfic, first installment can be read here; https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10849121/1/Mass-Effect-Necropolis

Basically it follows two story arcs. The first story arc takes place in 2186, and follows Derelict Squad, an elite team of N7 marines who lead the fight on Earth when the Reapers attack.

The second arc takes place in 2188, 2 years after the war, and follows Lily, a worker on a scavenger ship who is actually Commander Lilith Shepard in hiding. After the war, hate groups began to rise, who have manipulated themselves into thinking that Shepard is the reason the Reapers attacked, and if they know she is alive, will quickly hunt her down.

Eventually the first arc will come in to the modern day, and the two arcs will connect together in the second phase where a renewed Cerberus begins experimenting with Mass Effect and Reaper tech.

5. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    A rumour has surfaced for Mass Effect 4, someone claims that it could be a leak.

Did Mass Effect 4 story & features leak online through survey? | VirtualCrunch

What do you think?

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I think that real-time off screen missions were a dull addition to Dragon Age, and I don't think a sci-fi coating will make them better.

There's a lot of promise in that outlay, but I won't hold my breath for much of it aside from the multiplayer stuff since that's become gaming's sacred cow.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I wonder what the larger setup is or of the previous events will be even mentioned.

8. spiritprime

News Credits:
    I don't think it's entirely a sequel. Sounds more like to me that it's one of those side stories that goes alongside the original trilogy, but if it is legit, then we should definitely keep our save files where mentions of Shepard's doings could be involved.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, the colony plot might be because Earth was too heavily damaged during the war with the Reapers and mankind needs to find a new world.

10. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Most likely just a few hints at previous events will show up, but nothing really specific.

Sounds interesting but it feels like it's one of those wait and see kind of deals. It sounds like they don't have a strong plot down and just a "free roam" game with some cool exploration stuff.

The first few sentences said it takes place in an area of space far removed from the acts of Shepard and the ending of the ME trilogy. Sure it is just rumor for now, but it would make sense for them to do it, if they didn't want it to be about Shepard. After all they said the commander's stroy was over. But who knows if they will keep true to their word.

11. spiritprime

News Credits:
    It seems pretty professionally written from my perspective, given that I'm a bit of a writer myself (although not officially). It almost screams legit to me.