Mass Effect 3: SPOILER TAG YOUR STUFF OR FACE THE ANGRY MOB

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    There is a lot of cut audio files which led people to believe the final section was going to be a lot more interesting than it was.
    You had stuff like
    old squaddies showing up to help Shep at critical moments, a Geth Prime platoon orbital dropping to back you up, etc

2. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Well now I know why the ending gameplay bits felt odd and somewhat rushed.

I would have really liked that rather then the oh hey we get talk before then final battle and that's the last you'll hear from me bit that we actually got. Oy so much wasted potential.

3. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

yep the rushed final mission and 'Lots of Speculation from everyone' ending by Hudson and Super MAC in ME3 as well my dissapointment with TOR and Da2 have put me off Bioware games for next gen.

4. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

I came upon an interesting topic over at BSN. It is if there was no peace option, who would you pick between the Geth and Quarians. I'd like to know your thoughts. Sorry if this was discussed already.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Priority Earth was just a bunch of half-assed horde mode sequences. Extremely disappointing compared to ME2's suicide mission.

And then it only goes further downhill from there.

Quarians, since the Geth get wasted in Destroy anyway.

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I just spent ages doing a really good play through and had the biggest fleet you could get, and in the ending space fight there were no Geth? There weren't any Geth anywhere actually. All there was was a scene of one Geth inside a ship. All that work to keep both species alive and there was no extra anything :( 
    EDIT: haha this was discussed a page back, woops :p  Still sucks though :/

7. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

I loved Mass Effect 3 even though it was clearly rushed at the end. But when played with the rest of the trilogy..... cant have any complaints there.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The Geth easily. By the time I got through Rannoch in 3 I was so ready to waste every Quarian; so damn sick of their whining and crying that their attempted genocide bit them in the ass.

9. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Quarians. But I would rub it in their face every chance that I could get. A lot of idiots in that race, even though they are smart with mechanical stuff.

Legion was one of my favorite characters.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    When that actually happened to me, I ended up picking the Quarians, if only because I couldn't bear the consequences of what would happen to Tali if I chose the Geth, although it would be accurate that outside of Zal'Koris I spent most of ME2 and ME3 wanting to deliver copious amounts to boot to the ass of every admiral on the board and then some.

However were I a fuck up artist and ended up with a play through that Tali had died on the Suicide Mission, my whole reason for sparing the Quarians is gone and I'd throw them under a bus.

Better question, how many of you didn't cure the Genophage?

11. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    I can't pick so when I get to ME3 I'm just going to go the lazy route(if you can call playing the game through twice lazy) and do a playthrough for both.

I like Tali and Legion equally. If I didn't like Tali so much this would be such and easy decision. I feel like the Quarians pulled the same crap the humans did with the machines in the Matrix. Only with the Quarians it didn't bite them nearly as badly in the butt.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I cured the Genophage, because Wrex is a boss. Seriously stab him in the back? He's fucking awesome! And the fact thzt when you tell him you get that little bit where he tells the lady Krogan 'See? I told you we could trust her.' Was simply magic.

13. toaster

The same people who thought Mordin was annoying.

14. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Currently playing through the Omega DLC. Then doing Citadel. Then will go back to my hardcore playthrough.

Still love this game. Fuck the haters.

15. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

For schizzle! I couldn't cut off the krogan's balls, so to speak. I could never turn my back on Wrex. He's just too bad ass and he's one of the few that would completely and utterly have Shepard's back (aside from Garrus and the rest of the Normandy crew).

And Mordin was a good guy too. Couldn't kill him. My first play through ME2, I hated his guts, but my other times through I listened and reasoned out what he was saying and I started to understand him more. And his lines are hilarious, especially when giving sex advice. The bit between Joker and Mordin had me tearing up. If there was a way to save him I would have, but it was a really touching moment when he sacrificed himself.

16. toaster

You could actually save him, but Wrex and Eve have to be dead.
    Nobody thoroughly hates the game. The inconsistencies, ending, and the feeling that it was rushed hurt the game. Doesn't help that Mass Effect 2 came before.

17. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Wreav has to be the clan leader and you had to have destroyed Malon's data.

I meant keep him alive and Wrex and everyone as well. But you can't have everything. Mordin's endings were probably some of the best moments in ME3, both the Paragon and Renegade options.

What's wrong with ME2?

18. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

I think he means that compared to Me2, Mass speculations electric boogaloo was a let down.

19. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

ah i see

20. toaster

The only bad thing about ME2 was the ending. Which was the point the game ends. Sadface from me when I saw the credits.