Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Thread - No campaign spoilers just lots of shooting

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Mar 14, 2012.

1. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Snagged the Juggernaut from the "Gift" pack. Loving the Siege Pulse, but I'm not really feeling the Hex Shield. Recharging my shields by Force-choking my enemies is awesome. Haven't picked up any of the others yet, though I've got my fingers crossed for the Collector.

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    k so i went and got a brand new disc and its still givin me the "unreadable disc" error for multiplayer

must be DLC somewheres corrupting it

UGH

hopefully ive found what it is. there's a file simply called "MP expansion pack 1" in here. maybe ill try deleting it and see what happens

*edit*

yup. looks like that was it. STUPID THING
    :p 

woot. just got the Geth Juggernaut in my free gift pack :3

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ugh. My woes just won't stop. Some reason I'm only able to join bronze games. Whenever I try connecting to others nothing happens

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Maxed out all the new characters except the Collector, need a few more on him.
    They're kind of a mixed bag.

The good:
    - Alliance Infiltrator - dat dodge, dat voice, dat dodge sound, dat power set. My second favorite class in the game.
    - Turian Cabal - Glass cannon, but shes hella fast. I love the poison blades.

The mediocre:
    - Talon Merc - I can see massive potential, but the more tactical approach is pretty hard for me to get used to. He is probably the most interesting of the new characters
    - Collector Adept - Holy glass super soaker, another one I think I'm using crazy wrong. But being able to play as a collector is awesome. I love his design, but the ascended stance seems like a suicidal ploy 99% of the time.

The bad:
    - Krogan Warlord - I like the idea, but the hammer seems really weak. Even on silver it had trouble killing anything higher than a mook with one un-primed swing. Primed it seems to be hit or miss. I was host and the hit detection seemed pretty wonky. I also don't understand how a phantom can kill him with a toothpick to the waist but what do I know.

The Godlike:
    - Geth Juggernaut - Oh man this class, this goddamn class. This is my favorite class in the entire game, hands down. No content. Love the shield and the pulse cannon, love the sync-kill immunity and the sheer size of him is amazing. He isn't quite as large as the Krogan Warlord, and he's a fair bit shorter than a regular Prime, but he looks every bit as menacing. Also the heavy melee is a fantastic 'No, fuck you' to those awful sync-kill abusing enemies like phantoms.

Of the new guns I only have two so far, the Lancer (amazing) and the Executioner (its like a heavier Paladin but weaker and with a magazine 1/3rd the size).

If this is the last hurrah for Mass Effect 3 then I am super okay with it. A nice little 'Here are all the silly ideas you never thought we'd actually use' pack to cap things off.

5. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Do you refer to his Heavy Melee attack. I've been told that it's not meant to be use as a offensive ability. It's design to boost your biotics.

If you're playing off the Xbox would clearing the cache help?

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yes, it makes his biotics massively powerful for 30 seconds. The trade off is a 4 or 5 second cast time, and you'll take 50% extra damage from all sources until it stops. With a class as fragile as the collector this means a standard grunt can drop you from full health on silver or higher before you could cast a single dark sphere.

7. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Loving the Geth Juggernaut. Being slow and unable to dodge or cover is worth the damage that he can soak up and not being able to get insta-killed by stuff.

8. shumworld

So far I have all the new character kits accept for the Collector adept. Here's my opinion on them.

Cabal Vanguard
    She's definitely a glass canon and takes some getting use to. I rarely use poison strike, the Nightshade Blades with the Biotic Focus (for buffs) are what I use for hit and run tactics.

Alliance Infiltration Unit
    Holy crap she's op. She's even more OP then the Turrian Ghost Infiltrator. Her Defense Matrix is basically infinite Omni-gel. I gave her the AT-Raider shotgun and committed genocide in every mp session. Playing the AIU on gold feels like you're playing a few rounds of bronze.

Geth Juggernaut
    Yeah he's a total tank, the fact that he can't be instant killed and can electric choke weaker enemies is awesome. Though I understand his lack of the ability to run or cover is meant for game balance, for those reasons kind of bore me when playing him. It's just my preference, I need a little bit of mobility.

Krogan Warlord
    Holly crap this dude is awesome. I gave him Krogan manufactured weapons and it's hilarious how small they are when you see them mounted on his back beside the hammer. He's a total boss and great to for letting out aggression.

Talon Mercenary
    I colored him orange and named him Zaeed Massani. His omni-crossbow mechanic takes some getting use to, I'll need to play around with it a bit more. His trip mine is definitely his go to power. I gave him the Avenger Assault Rifle. If you can name your gun I'd call his Jessie. xp

The Krogan Warlord and Alliance Infiltration Unit are my favs of the bunch so far.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Maybe try deleting everything but your game saves, reinstalling, and then letting all the DLC download and install again.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah. seems to be working a little better now.

hmm.... curious thing this "technology" stuff

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    All by itself or did you reinstall?
    And, yeah, I have had many curious things about this technology stuff happen lately.

I built a new PC last weekend and after I had all the parts put in I had major problems getting it all to work.
    Various troubleshooting efforts yielded nothing and then it just... started working.

12. shumworld

So I gave the Talon Mercenary a second chance and I'm liking him a bit more. I recommended to equip him with a good shotgun since his heavy melee attack has been replaced with the omni-bow.

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Yah I dunno what the deal was but it connects to games fine now.

Some reason some of my dlc keeps getting corrupted though, I'm not sure how. Looks to be just the older stuff so far. It was the first multiplayer dlc that was keeping me from playing multiplayer and I ran into the same unreadable disc stuff again in my new play through the campaign. It was my prothean dlc.

So weird

Bit I've deleted and redownloaded those and it seems to be working fine again

14. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Got the valkyrie thingy gun last night and damn, it kicks ass!

15. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ive bought several reserve packs and still havent gotten any from the latest dlc. id really love to play as the talon merc and the juggernaut