Mass Effect 2 - if you're done, come here to talk about it. SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

I know I do, 100%. I really enjoyed ME2 for the most part, but I get really nostalgic for ME1 all the time because of all the things it has that the sequel doesn't.

2. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. And I LOVE it because of it.

The RPG elements in ME1 SUCKED!

3. Trenner Dios

Well, they're what made me play through it fully 8 times, so I think they were just fine.

4. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    And they are what made me not play it more than 1 time.

...ok I'm lying I'm replaying it now and I still hate the RPG elements.

While I replayed ME2 so many times I forgot the number.

I think Twin Twist summed up my thoughts of ME games best

5. Trenner Dios

Personally I love the journey of going from "idiot who can't hold a sniper rifle straight or fire it without it overheating immediately" to "badass who can easily pick off 5 geth primes without twitching in 5 seconds". It reminds me of most Bethesda games.

6. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    It would be fine if shepard was just famr boy that never held a weapon in his life. But I'm having a real hard time beliving that a trained soilder, a commander even couldn't hold a sniper rifle without his hands shaking like he's having a seizure.

On another subject, once I finish my Renegade ME1 pkaythrough and get to lvl60 I'll re-play ME2 again with this import, and I thinking of tryout different classes. So far I've only played as Soilder and Infiltrator.

What do you guys suggest. I don't wanna play adept since biotics don't apeal to me. I was thinking between vanguar or sentinel.

7. Trenner Dios

It's just a game, so I couldn't care less about that. There's always contrived reasons for certain aspects of games. I mean, look at the Metroid games; they always had to come up with a new way for Samus to lose her powers at the beginning. However it was always necessary, so it wouldn't have bothered me if they never explained it at all.

8. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    They did explain why she couldn't use any of her powers even thought it was integraded in the suit in Other M.

The explanation was ******ed as fuck.

Mass Effect is extremly character and story-driven game. Little things like that are important to me.

9. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I played as a Vanguard in both games and loved it. Vanguards are pretty fucked on Insanity though, Hardcore wasn't much of a problem but the early goings on Insanity made me give up on the dream of getting all of ME2s achievements (which I eventually did using the Soldier to do an Insanity run).

10. Trenner Dios

I know it was, that's one reason I wouldn't have cared if they had skipped any explanation. After that many Metroid games I think everyone expects to have to find and gain your powers - it's one of the best parts of the game and one of its defining aspects.

Sure, it's character and story driven, but it was an action RPG so I feel it was a necessary. Otherwise they would have had to relied on the overused RPG cliche of wet behind the ears kid/rookie/amnesiac as the main character, just to have a major game mechanic seem more realistic.

I enjoyed ME2, but for many of us who really like the RPG aspects of ME1 it was quite disappointing for them to reduce it to a third person shooter with negligible RPG elements. Even the story suffered, though not necessarily because of that. I don't really want my franchises switching genres between direct sequels. ME2 did a lot of things right, but for the third game I of course am hoping for them to combine the best aspects of both. I suppose that goes without saying though.

11. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm really hoping Bioware (who is known for their excellent RPG games) will make ME3 less of a third-person shooter and improves the roleplaying aspect of the game. I know that Bioware is just thinking about the bottom line and they wanted to compete against all the Modern Warfare games out there, but if I want to play a shooter I'd look elsewhere, and not a game from Bioware.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Moving on to another playthrough, this time as an Infiltrator........I might stop because this class is (at the moment, I'm only at Horizon) just woeful for fighting: it feels like a support class but since I cannot rely on the game ignoring me (I swear Shep has a big sign on her head reading 'Protagonist') or my squad mates being intelligent enough to try and take the heat off me, it feels like artificial difficulty. I thank all the stars for Kasumi's DLC cos it means I got an SMG nice and early in the game, without it I'd be totally screwed.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Still no talk of Miranda's giant buttcheeks.

im disappoint

14. -Superion-

Since I brought the Shadow Broker DLC, and I know that you can continue your romantic relationship with Liara in this mission, I'd like to know if I have a fling with Liara it would sabotage any future romantic relationship with Miranda?

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    just boing anything..reapers are comming anyway. :p 

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I beat the game twice, and now Im going to play it again. Man this game is really addicting.

17. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    So I'm doing my third play through as a paragon, I finished Kasumi's loyalty mission last night, and I noticed something...

You'd figure that at a big party like the one Hock was throwing, that someone as famous as Shepherd would stand out in a crowd.

18. -Superion-

...you're not helping. :p 

Btw, how do you get the mission for an abandoned Collector's ship? I heard that there's a great AR at the end of that mission, but so far that mission hasn't shown up for me yet.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The Revenant. A beautiful piece of hardware. You get the choice between three weapons as a Soldier.
    - Revenant Light Machine Gun
    - Claymore Shotgun
    - Widow Anti-material rifle

If you're any other class the choices will be different. If your class uses Sniper Rifles or Shotguns you'll get the choice of either the Claymore or the Widow, or you can choose the ability to use Assault rifles or whichever of the other two your class doesnt specialize in.
    E.G. A sniper would have the option to take the Widow, learn to use Shotguns or learn to use assault rifles.

As for triggering the mission, just keep building your team and doing the personal assignments and eventually you'll get a message from the Illusive Man telling you about it.

EDIT: As a note, the weapon you pick applies to Shepard only.

20. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I would imagine that not everybody knows what Shepard looks like. Besides as far as most of the 'verce knows he's dead, would you beleave your eyes if you thought you saw a dead guy walking around a party?