Mass Effect 2 - if you're done, come here to talk about it. SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad. On my very first playthrough I did Archangel first. Luckily it's not a huge issue that early in the game, unless you're playing on Hardcore or Insanity.

2. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    I did The Professor first and then Archangel...but I didn't upgrade as much as needed...

Oh boy was that intense!

3. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

It doesn't seemed that you'll be able to make money as easily in ME2 as you did in ME1. In ME1 I was able to sell alot of junks like upgrades and weapons to make loads of cash, but in ME2 it seems like I have to hack safes and loot places I visited. And the upgrades the vendors sell you are rather ridiculous even with the discount. Ugh, maybe I'm just still too nostagic for the first ME game...

4. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    You don't really need money that much...

Most of the upgrades you get on your ship with minerals...

The only things worth buying really are armours, and you don't need that too since the best ones are DLC.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Unless you have DLC missions you won't be able to buy everything in the game.

You can ignore most of the armors depending on how you'll be playing, definatley focus on buying the armor/weapon upgrades and ignore any armor you don't think would be handy.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Aside from ammo types being moved to character skills, I didn't particularly miss the inventory and loot after the first few hours. Sifting througth all the crap, redistributing stuff around the team and backtracking just to look in the shops was the most tedious part of ME1 IMO.

7. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Don't know why, but I love that stuff. Definitely missed that in ME2, and I would like them to have a bit more varitey in ME3.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    In ME1, if Tali uses AI Hacking 75 times while in combat on my team, do I get the achievement?

9. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Nope, you gotta do it as Shepard.

10. Poho

News Credits:
    LAAAAAAME. This means at least two more playthroughs for me.

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just started another playthrough intending to stop after I got the Cheevo but enjoyed playing so much that I kept going

12. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Hey at least you can plan it out better than I did. It took me 7 playthroughs of ME1 to get all the achievements.

13. Galaxy Convoy

You could get cheesy and just manually save before doing a mission with Geth in it. Then reload that save after beating it with liberal use of hacking, and do it again. Repeat until you get the achievement. Cheesy, but it works.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Recently completed about my fifth full playthrough of Mass Effect 2. This time I rolled as a soldier and as per usual, from an import from ME1.

Basically I played as I would normally, Paragon with a dash of Renegade but this time I had access to high powered weapons and the best armour. Play went pretty smoothly, but sadly became almost insultingly easy when I got my hands on the machine gun in the collector ship. Putting either disruptor or AP ammo on that beast and most foes go down insanely quickly. Even Scions, Praetorians and Harbinger himself (even more so when I researched the sniper rifle for Legion).

That said, taking the chance to play start to finish with ALL the major DLC available (Firewalker, Overlord, Zaeed, Kasumi and Shadow Broker) and the minor stuff like extra guns and armour, really makes for a fantastic game. Especially the end: you and twelve of the universe's top badasses decide to go face first into hell and then walk out. Maxed crew loyalty, most weapons at 4/5 damage increases and all the important ship upgrades done.

Roll on Mass Effect 3 :D 

15. Poho

News Credits:
    Epic idea. the issue is that my current level 54 character who i want to get to 60 (which will take this playthrough and another), does not have AI hacking as a power. SADFACE

16. -Superion-

Just completed the Archangel mission, and I'm a bit tired of running out of ammo for my assault rifle. Also, after I ran out of ammo I found a new rifle, but when I got more ammo I discovered that the assault rifle is now changed to the new one instead of the weapon I picked early in the mission. I wish you don't need a weapon rack to change weapons, like you can in Mass Effect 1. ME2 may have superior action, but so far I still like ME1 more.

17. Galaxy Convoy

Yeah the automatic weapon changing when you pick up a new one is fairly annoying. As for the ammo issue, I can't remember where you buy it at the moment, but there's a piece of arm armor that adds extra ammo capacity. I wanna say it's in one of the shops at Omega, but I'm just not certain. Just check there and at the Citadel.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I cant stand the Vindicator. Compared to the Avenger, Revenant, Mattock and Geth pulse rifles it just gets outclassed in every way.

Your AI squadmates seem to be able to use it better anyway, as they can spray away without worrying about ammo.

19. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    I hate it too. It was useless.

I used Revenant the most. Yeah sure the accurasy is a pice of ass but it packs quite a punch!

20. -Superion-

It occurs to me that ME2 is more than a little different than its predecessor; it's EXTREMELY different. From the skill system, the upgrade system, and the weapon swap (or lack thereof), to the less-useful map, the need to reload, and the lack of abilities to use in combat, ME2 seems like more action-packed ME1 but without the depth and RPG element of the first game. Do you guys feel this way, too?