Mary Poppins moves to bumblebee date!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gaastra, Jul 10, 2018.

1. optimusMagnus7575

optimusMagnus7575 Active Member

True I agree for me It is just fun to predict.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    Seems like alita got scared? :lol  lol joking aside yeah it's indeed a good move,not many people are anticipating alita so if it moves to less competitive date it'll...do fine I guess?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Aquaman got negative reviews from test screenings. After fixing things the reviews are OK at best. If Bumblebee receives glowing reviews Aquaman may be in for a bad time.

But the only problem is that TLK tarnished the reputation of the Transformers movies so much that people who do not know that this is something else entirely, does not wish to go see another Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Azuzu98

News Credits:
    Well if bee movie gets good word of mouth like WW did I think those who skeptical about it will give bee another chance...I have faith in travis.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's amazing how Bumblebee came out of nowhere to be the most anticipated film of the year. Those studio executives know that Bumblebee is tracking better than all of those films combined. The wild card in this scenario as many of you know is that females LOVE Bumblebee, and they're going to come in droves to support it on opening day along with the throng of fanboys who're sure to be there as well. I dont't believe many besides DC diehards will forgo Bumblebee for Mary Poppings, Aquaman, or Battle Angel.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I don't know about TLK tarnishing Transformers reputation. By the time ROTF and DOTM rolled around most people were aware what to expect out of the movies. That's why they were doing well despite the bad reviews. In my opinion it had more to do with drastically changing the root formula. After DOTM they dropped Shia LeBeuf and it lost them some of the fan base (even during TLK filming folks were asking to bring him back). There's also the genre shift in TLK. It definitely went more into fantasy and strong sci-fi. And fantasy movies aren't that popular nowadays. I know some people who don't watch sci-fi/fantasy movies as a default. In their opinion the first three movies were okay, because they weren't heavy with sci-fi like Marvel/DC movies and had more in common with F&F. After seeing a dragon and knights in TLK trailer they went instantly nope. So I guess it's more the matter of turning off old audiences and not putting out enough to invite new fans. TLK earned the same amount as a first entry in a potential franchise. It didn't look like it achieved any of these two goals.

They are probably going to drop off some of the 'fucks' thrown around :lol 

PG-13 is not that far away from 15+ (at least that's how the movie goes around in my country). It was dubbed, actually, and only movies with children/teenage audience in mind get dubbed :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Bet Deadpool will have new lines getting angry at the pg-13 or trying not to cuss. They could have lots of fun with redubbing the film like a mst3k film! I could see them doing that. This could be a fun cut that they could really mess with if they wanted to. Deadpool could redub his lines and really break the 4th wall. Think about taking the whole movie and redubbing it with a new plot just to mess with you. I could see them doing that!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm getting a bit more optimistic about the release date. I showed the new trailer to a group of friends, and most of them enjoyed it. Their reaction was sort of the same as a Marvel trailer (with speculation and whatnot), which is a good sign. Honestly, a lot of them seemed to like it better than the Captain Marvel trailer. I've heard a couple other people around my college campus talking about it too. It seems to have done a good job removing the Bay stigma from people's minds. It does my heart good to see people somewhat excited for a Transformers movie, even if it is cautiously.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Spiderverse moved to December 14th. The date denoted on the latest trailer says 12/14/18.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Azuzu98

News Credits:
    Hell yeah,less competitor for bee.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gaastra

News Credits:
    So with aquaman pre ticket sales doing as well as mission impossible and venom (however the amazon showings throwing it out of wack but it's still doing well) it looks like the guy in fish tights is going to beat bumblebee!

Lets look at things.

Aquaman--Big pre ticket sales (however so did batman v superman) and good word of mouth. (bvs didn't have) Good trailers even with the black panther jokes made on them.

Mary poppins-Disney has doubled it's ads. They are all over the kids channels and they are in front of youtube videos aimed at older people with kids! They are also doing a hour special on abc to promote the film and are having a sneek peek at Disney world!

Mortal E--They are doing tons of ads also and are splashing "by the lord of the rings director" in big letters everywhere. One ad was worded in a way that they made it look like a lotr in the future movie!

Spider verse--moved up but could have strong legs. Venom was in the top 5 forever. Plus with venom almost up to $800m and at the end of the movie
    Miles shows up to promote this film
    and spider-verse toys and shirts at Wal-Mart and target we can't think this one is out. They said that about venom.

Doll movie--have not seen a lot of ads for it. It's a wild card.

Once upon a Deadpool--Not sure.

Battle angel moves so no worry about it.

Edit--bumblebee fighting back with it's early screening! Good job!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gaastra

News Credits:
    And just found out about the early bumblebee screening. Bumblebee is fighting back! Plus no amazon prime needed! Things are going to get nasty between these two.

• Like Like x 2
  17. steech

steech Member

Cool :thumb 

18. BayRules

BayRules Member

Aquaman, Marry Poppins and Spider-verse are praised by bloggers and critics. If Bumblebee isn't good, this could get ugly

19. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I heard the embargo for bee was suppose to lift this week or next week

20. BayRules

BayRules Member

Next week at the latest, because of those early screenings Dec 8. If fans are seeing it this early, critics will watch it around this weekend

• Like Like x 1