Marvel's Thor is now a woman.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Computron34, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Zeus can be a literal shower of gold, a swan or an embodiment of lightning = acceptable.
    Zeus can be a woman = ridiculous.

We're talking about gods. Omnipotent mythological deities capable of defying reality in nigh any which way they want to. If a god wants to be a girl, nothing will stop it.

2. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But if I am understand the press release and all other stories correctly, the character we currently know as Thor will still be around and still be a male, just no longer worthy of the power of Mjolnir so it/Odin finds someone else worthy and it happens to be a female, so she is bestowed the title of "Thor"

Is that correct?

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Yep everything will be back to normal by Avengers 2. Just like when Parker was back as Spidey before Amazing 2 came out.

The only ones that seem up in the air are X-men and the FF as Marvel seems to be going to war with fox.

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    This feels like a very odd and obscure way to appease female readers. I'll actually be offended if the case is "You have disgraced us, therefore we shall turn you into DUN DUNDUN *whispers* a woman..." I actually don't have much of a problem with it, but this does feel a little bit forced. Not to mention it's probably going to revert in less than a year anyhow.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

What a blatant attempt at pandering to the female audience. Why doesn't Marvel just create an original female superhero? Maybe even one that will get a solo movie in the future? This is something that won't last, and may prove unpopular overall since the Marvel just marginalized a iconic superhero in order to bring forth a female superhero. Not the right way to do it IMO.

7. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
  8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm calling Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel V2)

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because nobody is going to buy a comic featuring an original character in 2014. Not in the kinds of numbers that would allow Marvel or DC to keep it around for more than six issues, at any rate. Comic readers always go on about wanting new characters and original series, but at the end of the day they just ignore them and keep buying Batman and the X-Men.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Pretty sure they just did; and the world continues to turn.

This is the same 'God' who (as has already been pointed out) turned into a swan, a shower of gold and basically whatever he wanted if it would assist in his aquisition of poon-tang.

There's that too.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm hating this direction.

So who would play Rule 63 Thor in a movie?

13. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Does the new Ms Marvel count?

14. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Anyone who has actually been following Thor God of Thunder by Jason Aaron and Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender should know by now all the unworthy things Thor has done lately. He's done some worthy things too, but given how far these two writers have pushed the evelope in scale with Thor lately (seriously, God butcher was a redefining Thor storyline), this doesn't seem as offputting to me or as it does to others who haven't been following. That this new Thor will still be written by Jason Aaron has me on board, because I believe the real Thor will still be a part of this book too, just without Mjolnir.

Thor is still going to be Thor in the Avengers books, however, he just won't be wielding mjolnir anymore. Instead, he will be wielding on of the weapons that almost ended earth in Uncanny Avengers; the Celestial-slaying Axe, Jarnbjorn. Thor now wields a weapon that can cut through Galactus level beings. Although I highly recommend reading "The Last Days of Midgard" story arc for some awesome Thor vs Galacus action!

It will be interesting to see how Thor copes with the burden of wielding Jarnbjorn while Mjolnir is in the hands of the new woman. Part of me wonders if it's his new chick from the last days of midgard storyline, Roz Solomon. And before people tell me it can't be her because she's a brunette, I say thee nay! Mjolnir has magical turn your hair blond powers, unless you're Beta Ray Bill :p 

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Meh, sounds like the Eric Masterson storyline but with a chick. Though I totally expect an uproar whenever real Thor comes back.

16. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

They should have never brought back Steve Rogers dammit! Bucky Cap fo' life!

17. smkspy

You seriously need a David Cross as Tobias avatar. It'd make all your posts so much more enojoyable.

18. smkspy

Maybe they can give She-Thor, Thunderstrike's old hammer when reap Thor comes back.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Since she has to be referred to as "the new Ms. Marvel" in order for anyone to know who the hell she is, no she doesn't.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thor is his name though... It's not his identity. That's like someone saying, "I'm the new George Washington!"