Marvel unlimited

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by kidnicky, Dec 11, 2020.

1. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Anyone else having problems with marvel unlimited? It’s not “down” per se,but I’m having a lot of issues (lol) opening comics. It will take FOREVER to load,then say they’re having problems,etc. I’ve uninstalled,reinstalled,whatever.

Shonen Jump costs 2 bucks,works every time,and has popular comics.

Marvel is peddling fan service to an ever dwindling fan base for 10 bucks,and now it won’t even load.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    I had MU for a while, I stopped using it and cancelled about a month ago when these problems started showing up.

3. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

So I see there's a promotional price for MU through the end of the year. $55 for 12 months. Thoughts? Worth it? Are stories in reading order, or do you have to figure out what to read next from other sources? Are there still a lot of random missing issues?

4. Arkimus Prime

News Credits:
    It sounds like a good deal. Off the top of my head, only some of the FF issues from the height of John Byrne's run are missing, and the original Transformers/GI Joe series isn't there. And yes, they're all in order.

5. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Makes sense about Transformers and G.I. Joe since IDW still has the license to release the classic Marvel runs themselves. Odd about the Byrne FF issues, I wonder what the reasoning is behind that.

6. Arkimus Prime

News Credits:
    Wait, I checked. I was wrong, they do have those issues. They must not have been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  7. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I don't worry about old issues being in order, just event crossovers. You really need a scorecard to work your way through one of those.

8. Arkimus Prime

News Credits:
    Oh, yeah, those aren't in collections or anything last I checked. You do have to go through and look, which can be a little bit of a pain sometimes.

I'll say this: while I did still use it, and paid $100 a year for the Premium membership, I thought it was a massive deal. I'd probably spend ten times that reading everything I read in a year in print.

9. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

They have a lot of the events in like a “pinned list” in the right reading order. I say do a free trial and check it out. The problems I was bitching about are gone.
    a

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Today I finally managed to login to the Marvel Comics app (didn't work for a very long time, couldn't even enter my login data because the app was broken, tried it on 3 different devices) and could "move" my comics to Marvel Unlimited. I hoped one could actually link the Marvel Unlimited account to the Marvel comics account. But it seems you have to use your Marvel Comics account to login to Marvel Unlimited, so now I have 2 accounts...

But other than having 2 accounts for Marvel unlimited now, I find it awesome that I now have all my purchases (regarding Marvel comics) in Marvel Unlimited, seeing as Comixology went from best comics reader, that got me into digital comics in first place, to just Kindle.

Now if only I could get my other Comixology purchases into other apps :lol