Marvel Universe/Infinite Series Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, Feb 14, 2009.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Found 2 Deadpools tonight @ Walmart from the Wolverine: Origins line and snatched them up...but what's with Walmart's price of $8.44? I never would've believed TRU would be cheaper than Walmart!

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    For me, I figured, "hey it's almost .50 cents more, it could be worse".

Surprised at TRU being cheaper too. I've heard that Target's price will be the same as TRU's.

3. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Yes, as part of Walmart's "Gigantic Battles" assortment, it comes with Wolverine(hope it's the costume he used during Civil War).

4. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

All I know is I don't like the quality control so far on these figures. The paint job on some of them is just horrible.

5. pdpcdrive

pdpcdrive Well-Known Member

i caved... I got some of these. lol.. Iron Man is pretty sweet, but his "blast" accessory is kinda lame... Oh well.. He fits in with my Joes... xD

6. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Grabbed Iron Man regular and stealth, Spidey, and Wolverine today at Target. Were 7.99 ea. Was kinda down cause Black Panther was gone.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    If you get both the regular and stealth, you can put one on each hand and have him blasting off. Looks pretty sweet.

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is Stealth Iron Man hard to find?

A Newbury Comic's near me has him for $12.

NONE of the retail stores have these at all. :( 

9. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

Are you kidding me? I spotted 7 from four racks. Hang in there and eventually you'll spot him.

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It just sucks, that's all.

When I mean NONE I mean NONE of the retail stores around me have these.

The only place I've seen them at are Newbury Comics. They also have Wolverine and the X-Men and X-Men Origins figures.

And all the variant/chase NECA Watchmen figures if that matters as well. Clear Dr. Manhattan looks cool.

11. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Picked up an Iron Man as my first MU figure. While the sculpt and paint are fantastic, overall I'm not that fond of it. The articulation leaves a lot to be desired. The joints just don't seem to have that great of a range to me, and the wrists not being ball joints means the arms only look good in certain positions. Speaking of his arm, I hate how his right arm is sculpted out at such a wide angle and can't be brought closer to his body. The QC is mostly great, although my sample has really loose joints and a hip socket that's so blown out the leg falls off when its moved.

I guess I was expecting a lot more for such a high price (and yes, these come at a high price when compared with the greater history of the Marvel Legends line). Also I'm not going to judge the whole line based on one figure because sculpt and articulation will vary as the line progresses. I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming Iron Man and Hulk figures even if this first one was a bit of a dud.

12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Dug out my Marvel Showdowns Iron Man and Beast and it reminded me what awesome figures that line had. Tons of articulation (double jointed knees and elbows FTW!), great sculpts, great paint, and they came with a positionable stand, ridiculously cheesy firing guns, several trading cards...all for the same price as these latest MU figs. Even the Showdowns seemed expensive back in 2005, which is probably why they didn't last. What kid would go for one of those when 4 inches over on the pegs is the same character for the same price only ten times bigger and with a comic book? Still, I loved them and as far as I'm concerned Toy Biz and Hasbro has never, ever beat the sculpt on the Showdowns Beast.

I was surprised to see that the Showdowns Iron Man was actually a bit smaller than the MU one.
    [​IMG]

Beast was nicely scaled
    [​IMG]

Loved those cheesy cannons. "I'ma punch you with mah GUN!"
    [​IMG]

"I'ma burn you with mah gun!"
    [​IMG]

"I'ma freak you out wit mah freaky neck lazor! RAWR!"
    [​IMG]

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    That's awesome!

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I got grey Hulk and this is the most disappointing figure in the line that I have handled. The hips barely move! More like 5 degrees front and back, instead of movement, it more or less rotates around the hip peg.

Overall the quality on these is much better than superhero showdown durability is certainly much higher.

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Boo. No hip movement = no purchase for me. I'm going to track down the Showdown Hulk instead.

16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The Hulk Buster Iron Man I paid 7.99 for at Target disagrees. :p 

17. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Prices on all Hasbro lines are going up. Perhaps you folks didn't get the memo.

18. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Its the rising wage in China during the downturn that is increasing costs and decreasing production. Plastic costs and inflation have little to do with current price increases. Especially when you consider oil futures are at dramatic lows.

So far, I've just opened my Spidey, and he's sweet. I love the look and less visible joints with still some movement. But I agree, I like ball-joints even if they prohibit potential seemlessness. And if Hulk really is that limited (when I check him out at BBTS it does seem to look that way) that's a bummer.

I want a Deadshot and brown Wolvie to go with em, but those Wolverine figs are all way gone at my local TRUs.

19. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I went to TRU the other night to look for MU Cap. They didn't have him, but I couldn't justify getting any of them to myself. They're even smaller in person than on the computer monitor, and I think they're more expensive than the same size GI Joes (I don't know, I don't collect those) by a dollar or so.

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'm fully aware why these things are the price they are, and I'm not even really complaining about the new price (I buy lots of Japanese toys, therefore I have no right to complain about prices :D ). I just disagree with a lot of the sentiment I've read where people seem to think these things are a good buy for the price, or that the price is completely reasonable. You get a lot less for the money than you used to and there's really do disputing that.

Regardless, I will be buying the ones I like just like everyone else. ;)