Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Daredevil
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Mr. Fantastic
    The Thing
    Invisible Woman
    Human Torch
    Wolverine
    Jean Grey
    Storm
    Iceman
    Gambit
    Juggernaut
    Venom
    Green Goblin
    Spider-Man
    Deadpool
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Hulk
    Ms. Marvel
    Songbird
    Penance

24 characters. About the same as the first.

EDIT: HA! Just saw Gamestop's commercial advertising the Juggernaut code. Roosterteeth has done some great commercials for them. It was pretty funny, imo.

2. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

A lot of people HATE, with passion civil war, then there is the very high posibility is just regular MUA gameplay which Ill admit is good and fun. but gets boring, after a while mostly if you play on your own.

I dont think Ill get it, but i think my godson migth like it so I migth pick it up, play with him all game,and then forget about it.

3. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Looking at the character list I see some int resting choices for charecters, and hopefully it won't be a full retred of the civil war story. I'm not expecting the best story ever but a few twists will keep me intreasted in playing.

I will get this eventually unless I hear great reviews on the game then I'll be inclined to pick it up faster. For now though I'm happy with MUA 1.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm currently working my way through the first one aslong as the sequel has better presentation and explains its menu's in a clearer fashion so its clear what can and can't be done, then i'll be happy. I have no problem at all the with gamestyle and gameplay of the first so I will only be pleased with any improvements there.

5. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Something about the first Marvel UA's story bugged me. Not sure if it was the way the menu's were presented, the cluttered feel of the story, the overall presentation, or all of the above... but whenever I was "interacting" with the NPC's in the game I felt like I was playing a gameboy game. It just felt cheep. I'd like something a little more polished ala Knights of the old Republic or at the very least Legend of Zelda in terms of the character to NPC interaction.

Regardless of it's overall gameplay, The roleplaying elements of Marvel UA just seem cheap to me. (cheesy dialogue and lines that could be swapped between characters) And it makes me hesitate to want to replay game #2 if it's gonna be a rehash.

6. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am getting the game cause of deadpool and vemon

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Moonknight? :( 

8. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

So I'm a cheap skate, but I love this game and want to pick it up next week (mainly just for the Juggernaut code). However my internal bargain hunter implores me to wait to find it used and cheaper. So do I:

A.) Go pick up the game and be content with having it early
    Or
    B.) Wait to find it used and hope the Juggernaut comes out in a DLC pack.

Speaking of Jugg's wouldn't it make more sense to wait for a DLC pack anyways? I mean, if there are going to be other characters in a DLC pack like the first game and Juggernaut happens to be 1 of say 4 characters in the DLC, the people who get him free from the Gamestop code will be paying for him anyways if they want to buy a Character Pack DLC, right. However I guess they could always just release every DLC character as it's own Download and people can choose who they want. But would they do that? Wouldn't it cost more per Character? Thoughts?

9. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:

Jugg-a-nut is already available on PSN for like $1.99. Activision puts DLC out early so PSN users can get it on release day instead of having to wait until the Thursday update.

10. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

Interesting. So I wonder if Jugg's is a singular case or if any future DLC character will be individually downloadable. Or is it a exclusive case to PSN.

11. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I liked the Civil War story actually. Especially since it led up to the awesome Death of Captain America storyline, which has become one of my favorite story arcs now. Anyone who's read Secret Invasion can speculate much about what really caused the Registration Act and the inevitable Civil War.

I know a lot of people bitched and moaned about Heroes fighting heroes, but other than MvC2, where the hell else can you get that kind of footage?

I also hear that the game actually starts of with Nick Fury's Secret War, so I'm curious if Secret Invasion is the ending, which would only make sense to me. I personally can't wait for this game to drop, especially after playing it at SDCC. The gameplay felt much more fluid than the first and the graphics, IMO, were a vast improvement.

12. Hightech94

Hightech94 Another Merc with a mourh

Wanna be helpful to any Marvel fan?

Then, on the realese date, Get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 from gamestop game crazy or best buy then you'l be very helpful

13. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    how is that being helpful?

14. Hightech94

Then you will have the codes for three specific dudes

15. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Wanna be helpful to the mods? There is a videogame forum, for future reference.

Besides those codes are only good once, so you're not going to have a bunch of people sharing these codes like trading cards. Otherwise there would be no point for the exclusives. Until some hacker code comes out, the best bet is to get Juggy from Gamestop and unlock everyone else during gameplay.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  16. Hightech94

Sorry work on that i hope

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gah who moved this thread!

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this game. I'm gonna play on my own first before going online. I really wish I could get the codes for Hulk and Thor. I pre-ordered at Gamestop and should be getting Juggs in a email soon.

19. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I should look into getting this one. Maybe for my birthday next month. The first game was really fun.

20. OptimusSpanks

OptimusSpanks Well-Known Member

A heads up to those out there who haven't played the fist MUA. Gamestop has it on sale used this week for $4.99.