Marvel Netflix series Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

More like a year and 1/2, Daredevil had been fighting the russian's months ahead before the show.

2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    His suit is essentially chain mail and made of a metal polymer as were his new sticks, when metal strikes metal, sparks happen.

No it's not a civil war hint, its just an advertisement for a anonymous tip line, that every police precinct in the country has.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  3. Autoboticon

Question, since her alter ego is in the show (AKA JJ), do you think we'll see Hellcat suit up to aid Jessica Jones when the show comes out.

I think and hope she does, having MCU Hellcat with the Defenders would be an amazing addition.

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Maybe
    The helmet/cowl absolutely recycles design elements from Captain America helmet/cowl used in Avengers 1 especially around the ears of the cowl. Unlike the Avengers 1 Cap America costume I don't hate the DareDevil costume but I dislike the helmet/cowl and hope we get something better next season

5. JS1026

JS1026 Well-Known Member

Unless the surface of his red suit is abrasive enough to produce sparks when a metal object strikes the suit.

6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Just finished the first 2 episodes of Daredevil, and yeah, I definitely think it's better than the CW comic TV shows.

That intro is awesome.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Love it. Never get tired of watching it.

8. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I'm impressed at how hard Vincent D'Onofrio obviously worked on his Chinese. It's still far from perfect, but it's a hard language to sound native (or even competent) in, and he's gotten most of the tones right. Even his cadence mirrors his thudding English enunciation.

I also like how, overall, there's a clear line visible between the high-powered heroes and the low-powered ones now in the MCU. Any of the Avengers could have cleaned up all the DD bad guys in a single night, but they're all busy saving the world from aliens and flying robots. On the other hand, it's clear that even one or two Extremis soldiers or Hammer Drones would have wiped the floor with Matt.

I don't think it's that SHIELD or the Avengers don't care what's going on down in the streets; rather, they're way too busy with the really big stuff that only they can handle. There's no reason for Stark Industries to care about real estate fraud in Hell's Kitchen, or for Asgard to focus on kidnappings, when AIM is destabilizing entire nations and Dark Elves are trying to destroy all of Midgard. SHIELD would probably have some interest in getting the Devil of Hell's Kitchen on the Index, except they probably think he's just some thug, since nothing he's done suggests otherwise. It'll be interesting, though, to see if there's some crosstalk between series next year, as actual superpowers (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage) show up in Hell's Kitchen, and the government starts its run up to Civil War.

9. Autoboticon

That and they probably just don't know, street crime would just go below their radar

10. 9.8m/s^2

Well, their Index does include a lady who killed a guy with finger razors, so if they did hear about ninjas and a costumed acrobat vigilante, they might put it on the list of things to look into. Once Jessica Jones starts throwing cars around with her bare hands, some kind of alarm is definitely going to get set off. (Of course, SHIELD is kind of busy these days, so who knows when they'd get around to investigating...)

11. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see Matt Murdock show up on Agents of shield. Maybe not even as Daredevil, but you could have them tell him that they know, but they need his expertise as a lawyer or something like that.

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That and Kingpin owns just about every cop in Hell's Kitchen.

13. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Just finished binge watching the rest of the season after seeing the first two episodes and all I have to say is kudos to Marvel for making one hell of a show. Actually no, it's no much a show as one big 13 hour movie that really does it's job well and makes you invested in these characters. Loved the series, the action, the characters, the plot, it was just all around one hell of a watch.

Now to see how they incorporate Daredevil, if at all, into the films and if we do get a season 2 how it will play out likely being set after the events of Age of Ultron.

I highly doubt these crimes go under their radar, they have the resources to hear about this stuff but it's more likely that a bigger threat is drawing all of their attention at the moment.

Plus it all depends on the time Daredevil takes place. As far as I know there isn't mention of the collapse of SHIELD or the Mandarin attacks so it likely takes place before Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier. In promotional posters you can see Avengers tower in the background so it's either finished or more likely still being worked on, and obviously it takes place after Avengers due to the amount of quips and visuals about the battle. So then that means Tony is likely working on the tower and his numerous suits before the Mandarin incident, Thor is off world, Cap and Black widow are still working on SHIELD assignments, Hulk...well he's not the best suited for street heroism, and Hawkeye is off buying a farm or something.

Or it takes place after all of the phase 2 films and they're busy fighting Hydra in the snow.

14. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the Defenders is one of the many many team's that Coulson has been running around setting up across the globe.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  16. Ultra saber

Ultra saber WRECK AND RULE

News Credits:
    I was really surprised at how interesting a character Karen Page was, loved her, other than that Daredevil had great action scenes and Foggy was a funny character. Would have liked to see more of Rosario Dawson(Claire Temple)

17. 9.8m/s^2

I REALLY hope they don't go the same route with Karen as in the comics. That trope is really, really old. Older even than "dead token black guy".

18. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Finished 7. The ending with Stick was the first sign of something to come after this season. Any theories as to who that was?

19. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    The current speculation is that it's Stone, a member of Chaste that is likely going to play a role in season 2 if the series gets renewed.

20. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

in the marvel cinematic universe... time passes the same as real life

so this is 3 years after the incident/battle of new york, a year after shield fell in captain america 2... months before the events of age of ultron