1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Knights, back to it's roots

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    From http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/

When MK started, it was about "the other guys". It included
    - Daredevil, a character not particularly popular.
    - Punisher, an over exposed and bland one trick pony
    - Inhumans, a bunch of guys who would occasionally pop up
    - Black Panther, some guy who was an Avenger yet rules his own country

It took these guys and turned them into top selling books. Then MK moved to be a PG-13 format book. It became what was once "Marvel Edge" Now it finally goes back to what it was. This pretty much makes that 04'04 move for some characters useless. Also, I see Spiderman will become Spectacular. Kind of a shot at jenkins if you ask me. That was his book and MK Spidey should just be regular old Spiderman.

But I look forward to it becomming the place for major creators on so-so characters.

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

sounds nifty

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

and here i thought the titles were getting revamped and restarted again

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Sounds pretty cool.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Sensational, not Spectacular, Jenkins' book being vol. 2 of Spectacular, anyway. Not that it matters, aside from ASM, the Spidey titles are a convoluted name-changing mess.

When ASM 'ended' at 441, so did Web of, Spectacular (formerly Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man), and Peter Parker: Spider Man (formerly the adjectiveless Spider Man that started out as Mcfarlane's baby). Somewhere in the mid-late '90s, Sensational Spider-Man had it's 30+ issue run. Actually, come to think of it, I think Web of ended earlier and Sensational took its place, but ended before the ASM, SSM and PP:SM 'Final Chapter' crossover conclusion shebang.

When ASM rebooted, Peter Parker: Spider-Man did too. PP:SM was canceled after about four years and Spectacular Spider Man vol. 2 rose to take it's place. Then they started the adjectiveless MK:SM, the 'darker' title...which is what the original adjectiveless Spider-Man was...before it was changed to PP:SM, canceled, rebooted and canceled again in favor of Spectacular vol. 2. Then Spectacular was canceled again. THEN came Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Now they're changing MK/adjectiveless Spider-Man, not to be confused with the original adjectiveless SM, to Sensational SM...vol. 2.

:sly: 

Enough already. At this point, I expect they'll change Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man to Web of, change Sensational 'back' to Spectacular and then relaunch the adjectiveless or PP:SM title just before or after one of the above two gets canned...again...I think.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow, okay. read that wrong but your explanation, though I knew it, still gave me a headache.