Marvel G1 Question: Contains spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Scorponok, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Scorponok

Scorponok Kindness is no virtue and cruelty is no vice

Recently, I had the chance to read the original G1 marvel comics (Classics). There were some discrepancies which are unclear to me. Hopefully someone has read the series and can answer my question.

In the Headmaster series, Scorponok starts off as an actual living being who later creates a binary bond with Lord Zarak. This makes sense and goes with along with the introduction of Headmasters.

In the classic series (vol 3, issue 38 & vol 6, issue 71), it appears that he has become nothing more than a machine operated by Lord Zarak. There is evidence in several panels that suggest Scorponok is merely a lifeless machine yet at one time he existed. This is where it all becomes unclear. Either the Headmaster series was a different continuity within the classics, Scorponok possibly never existed, or his mind was taken over by Zarak. These are my speculations.

From my understanding, Scorponok existed at some point. Nowhere in the series did it explain how or why Lord Zarak completely became Scorponok unless I'm missing that issue.

I could be overthinking this but it just bugs me since he's one of my all time favorites. This is the only thing I've never been able to determine about him so I'm seeking answers from the experts here. So, did I miss something?

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Its not explicitly stated but its assumed from the events shown that Zarak and Scorponok merged minds to become one being. Budiansky and Furman didn't seem to care about making them two distinctive beings back then. Other Nebulans except for HiQ were mostly neglected once they didn't have to be advertised in the comic anymore.

Regeneration One later tells us that the real Scorponok's personality remained on Nebulos in his original head.

No to both.

3. Scorponok

Scorponok Kindness is no virtue and cruelty is no vice

I can't thank you enough for that answer. It explains enough for me to understand what's probably happening.