Marvel Crossovers....up in value?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alpha Omega Trion Supreme, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Every now and then I look through my collection and think about what I want to do with certain setups. I have a little Marvel Crossovers display that I really like. It's Avengers style with first and second wave figures(Cap, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man plus motorcycle Spidey and Wolverine). Occasionally I wonder if I should try to grab a grey Hulk and swap out the blue pants with my green one's kind-of lack of color pants for a more comic booky looking Hulk.

Anyway, I was perusing ebay for Marvel Crossovers for that purpose and, well, wow. There's some cheap auctions going yes, mostly for the latter waves of crappy Iron Man vehicles(that car sucked, and so did that Spidey "combiner", I'm sorry). However for the better 1st and 2nd wave stuff, the prices are a little high. I'm not sure if its the effect of the movies or just that nobody's really selling these things now. It's kind of interesting because I was expecting to see a lot more of these figure auctions and going for far far less buy-it-nows.

On a side note, I kind of wish I would have bought that brown and yellow Wolverine way back when. Also, anyone have a grey Hulk junker that I can have the pants off of? :D 

2. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    good luck getting in hulks pants :lol 

I think that not many are getting sold personally

3. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Man, I wish I got the human torch and ghost rider ones they looked so freaking awesome!

4. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see the Star Wars ones going up in value, especially the Luke X-wing since the plastic is horrible and degrades rapidly to a brittle mess.

My Millennium Falcon has almost completely yellowed.

5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i'm just sad the punisher and hulkbuster was never released.
    (the hulkbuster was on a product list last november, to coincide with the avengers, it said it was a new mold)

6. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

You're looking at listed buy it now auctions, not sold or finished auctions. Anyone can make an ad and ask for 1 million dollars.

7. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a hulk and an ironman jump starters. Are they worth massive money yet?

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    The Hulk/Tank has for the last few years sold for more than i'd think it worth.

9. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Good point. I perused the completed listings and if anything it seems like these don't go up for auction that often. When they do, price seems to be more than when they were new on a store peg(for the first and second good waves that is), which is noteworthy in and of itself. Sometimes they go for much more which is most likely due to how they're not often up for auction.

ar78, I have a bunch of Star Wars crossover original trilogy in storage. I'm a little hesitant to break them out and see what condition they're in. :(  I've heard horrible stories about Chewbacca in the Falcon set.

10. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suddenly have an interest in the Marvel ones and noticed this myself. I'm assumign its because they don't get sold much.

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Don't a lot of people like him for customizing?

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Technically, the Punisher did see release...as one of the retooled Iron Man transformer suits. The skull and the head are different, but he's got Punisher's gun. I actually got one on clearance years ago and turned it into a custom Decepticon loaded with chainguns.

Oh yes.

Tank Hulk is probably the most robust of the crossovers. Pretty much if there was a character with a tank alt. mode, that toy's been made into it. Except Bludgeon, that's the only exception I can think of.

13. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

So has mine.
    Xwing is ok though

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought a bunch of these but only got around to opening a few. Have no idea where the the unopened ones are. I know I sold my SW Yoda and I know where the Death Star is. Don't think I every bought a Falcon.

15. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I offloaded mine for decent money a few years back so I'm pleas d to have dodged a few bullets in doing so. GPS Falcon doesn't sound like much fun.

The Hulk Tank has always been expensive and difficult to get hold of mainly as already stated because so many customisers use it.