Marvel Comics Solicitations for November, 2005

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    MARVEL COMICS SOLICITATIONS FOR PRODUCT SHIPPING NOVEMBER, 2005

Just a sample of whats coming out:

ULTIMATE MARVEL

ULTIMATES 2 #9
    Written by MARK MILLAR
    Pencils & Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    "GRAND THEFT AMERICA"
    With the devastating revelation of the traitor in the Ultimates, the team is reeling in shock! But even that sad situation can't stop wedding bells from ringing for Tony "Iron Man" Stark and Natasha "Black Widow" Romanov. Make sure to bring your invitation-to action! Part 3 (of 6)
    32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY ...$2.99

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #25
    Written by MARK MILLAR
    Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND
    "TOMB OF NAMOR"
    Q: Who's buried in Namor's Tomb? A: The Fantastic Four are about to find out! Fathoms beneath the sea, the quartet explores the lost continent of Atlantis-and find more than they expected! Especially Sue.... Part 2 (of 3).
    32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.50

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #85
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    "WARRIORS"
    The Gangwar comes to its shattering conclusion-this is one ending you don't want to miss! Who lives? Who dies? Who will betray Spider-Man?! And what happens when the spark of romance is rekindled between Spidey and the Black Cat? Let the fur fly! Part 7 (of 7).
    32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #86
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    "SILVER SABLE" Part 1 (of 5)
    The head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the webspinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the Ultimate Spider-Man video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley!), Ultimate Silver Sable might be the most dangerous foe Spidey has ever faced! Plus- Who is Ultimate Omega Red?
    32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

MARVEL KNIGHTS

PUNISHER VS. BULLSEYE #1 (of 5)
    Written by DANIEL WAY
    Penciled by STEVE DILLON
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    "THE MAN'S GOT STYLE"
    Alphonse Patrillo's a rare breed: a mob boss looked down the barrel of the Punisher's rifle, and lived to tell about it. Ever since that day, he's taken pains - great pains - to stay under the Punisher's radar while he schemed his revenge. Now Uncle Fonzie has got a plan: he's going to fight fire with fire. Who do you hire to take out a relentless psychopath like the Punisher? An even more relentless psychopath. And this guy, well, let's just say he never misses. Wall-to-wall action by the creative team behind BULLSEYE'S GREATEST HITS and SUPREME POWER: NIGHTHAWK: Daniel Way and Steve Dillon.
    32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY ...$2.99

WOLVERINE #36
    Written by DANIEL WAY
    Breakdowns by JAVIER SALTARES
    Finishes by MARK TEXEIRA
    Cover by JOE QUESADA
    "ORIGINS AND ENDINGS" Part 1 (of 5)
    Left shaken at ground zero after the cataclysmic events of HOUSE OF M, Logan has no choice but to soldier on, as he has done so many times before - but has the burden now become too great? In his lifetime, Logan has been both a hero and a villain, a player and a pawn... but what is he now? Don't miss out on the beginning of a year-long epic over a century in the making.
    32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY ...$2.50

MARVEL HEROES

BOOKS OF DOOM #1 (of 6)
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by PABLO RAIMONDI
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    Five-time Eisner-Nominated Best Writer Ed Brubaker turns his shadowy vision to Marvel's greatest villain, Victor Von Doom. With the phenomenal art team of Pablo Raimondi and Mark Farmer, you will witness Doom's life from his earliest moments to the day he took the throne of Latveria. A dark and revealing examination of how an innocent boy grows up to be a tyrant, a new twist on an old legend -- the Books of Doom is a sweeping epic of tragedy, madness, and destiny, and unlike any other Marvel Comic you will buy this year!
    In this debut issue, turning his back on childhood love, young Victor develops an obsession with the dark arts that stole his beautiful mother from him. But it's his experiments with science that attract the interest of global powers and bring his Gypsy tribe into direct conflict with the despotic rulers of Latveria.
    32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

INCREDIBLE HULK #88 & 89 #88, Page 18
    Written by DANIEL WAY
    Penciled by KEU CHA
    Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    "PEACE IN OUR TIME" Parts 1 & 2 (of 4)
    Bruce Banner has finally found a semblance of peace. Here, in the isolated interior of Alaska, he hopes to protect the rest of humanity from The Hulk's never-ending rampage by secluding himself in self-imposed exile. Banner is confident that his plan will work-after all, who would be foolish enough to actually come looking for The Hulk? But when Nick Fury comes calling, you know there's trouble for someone involved. This arc sets up next year's huge event involving a certain Jade Giant.
    32 PGS. (each)/T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

SHE-HULK #2
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Penciled by JUAN BOBILLO
    Cover by GREG HORN
    "Cause & Effect"
    Sure, She-Hulk would risk her life to bring Hawkeye back to life... but will she risk getting disbarred? Some stories are SO big, they crack the internet in half. This one? It's gonna seal it back up-and kiss it to make it better. Be there when She-Hulk and Hawkeye team up for a strange legal adventure... and somehow wind up fighting a giant robot.

WHO IS CAPTAIN UNIVERSE?
    Captain Universe is known as the name for the recipient of the mysterious Uni-Power, a special kind of energy that endows an individual with superhuman powers during a time of crisis. How it has determined its hosts in the past remains a mystery. In November, the unraveling of one of the greatest enigmas in the universe begins as the Uni-Power must posses a handful of Marvel heroes to save itself from an enemy hell bent on its destruction.
    CAPTAIN UNIVERSE / HULK
    CAPTAIN UNIVERSE / DAREDEVIL
    CAPTAIN UNIVERSE / X-23
    CAPTAIN UNIVERSE / INVISIBLE WOMAN
    CAPTAIN UNIVERSE / SILVER SURFER

X-MEN

DECIMATION: HOUSE OF M - THE DAY AFTER
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Pencils & Cover by RANDY GREEN
    ONE-SHOT
    It was the worst day in X-Men history. Now it's the day after. The House of M is over, but the effects will be felt for the rest of their lives. How do the X-Men pick up the pieces in a world that has completely changed? This special one-shot is the world's first real glimpse into the entire Marvel Universe, post-House of M. It also gives a special preview of the titles that come out of that event, such as New Excalibur, X-Factor, Generation M, and a few we can't name here! We said the world was changed. You've been warned!
    48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$3.99

GENERATION M #1 (of 4)
    Written by PAUL JENKINS
    Pencils by RAMON BACHS
    Cover by STUART IMMONEN
    House of M has changed the world forever. Now, from the ashes of this cataclysmic event comes a new generation...GENERATION M. Find out exactly HOW things have changed as a group of mutants brought together by this common tragedy must fight together for a better tomorrow.

NEW EXCALIBUR #1
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Pencils & Cover by MICHAEL RYAN
    Excalibur is back, just the way you like them! From the ashes of House of M a new Excalibur team is formed to combat the aftereffects of this cataclysmic event! Witness the birth of Captain Britain's new team forming, as a sinister force already tries to tear them apart! Starring Dazzler, Juggernaut, Nocturne and Pete Wisdom!! Guest-starring the Uncanny X-Men!

X-MEN #177 & 178
    Written by PETER MILLIGAN
    Pencils & Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
    HOUSE ARREST Parts 1 & 2 (of 3)
    Something's amiss at the House of Xavier! A sneak attack forces the X-Men to re-evaluate just who their friends are, and to align themselves with former enemies! The Xavier Institute will never be the same.
    32 PGS. (each)/T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50 (each)

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    so much good stuff ~ Dan Slott on She-Hulk, The Thing and Amazing Fantasy, 'Invincible' in Marvel Team-Up, New Peter David X-Factor, House of M fallout, Saltares + Texiara teaming up for art on Wolverine (never thought i would be buying a Wolvie solo title....) Brubacker on Books of Doom and X-Men: Deadly Genesis...

>>>wallet explodes<<<

(can't believe i made that joke, i hate that joke)

3. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

First Avengers Disassembled, now this. Is every Big Bendis Event going to use the line "It was the worst day in [fill-in-blank] history?"

4. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    How is it a big event if it's a one-shot?

5. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I was thinking "It's the worst day in X-Men history" refers to the House of M, since "Now it's the day after" refers to the Decimation one-shot.

6. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    My bad, didn't read the entire thing. As you were then :p 

7. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

When did Ultimates Issue number 8 come out?

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i don't think it has - didn't #7 come out about 3 weeks ago?

9. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    September 14

10. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Though I don't collect a single X-Men book; I might pick up that 2005 Hnadbook when it comes out. I'm a sucker for books featuring character profiles and the like; especially when it's about characters I have a passing interest in. (Besides it'll be killer for my writing featuring my own Marvel Earth, 929, which I created as part of my massive Fanfic endeavor and which I seriously want to play around with some more creating an entirely new set of events and possibilities for all my favorite and not-so-favorite Marvel characters.)

11. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS #1 (of 6)
    What happens when the skeletons in your closet finally break down the door and come looking for you......

am i the only one who thinks this sounds suspiciously similar to identity crisis...an unknown secret from the past is suddenly brought to light and "everything is changed forever??" - obviously it's going to be a different story but the premise sounds too familiar

12. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Uhm...hello, no one else saw this?? MORLUN!!!!!!!

Whee. Looks like I'll be picking up some Spider books in the fall. :) 

Also, I see no Iron Man books on that list. Sad for me. :(