Marvel Comics Solicitations for April, 2006

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    Read more here.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #93
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    It's the Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man versus Ultimate Deadpool and his deadly band of Reavers-for all the marbles! And wait'll you see where the battle takes place! Deadpool's identity revealed and the relationship between Peter Parker and young Kitty Pryde hits an important milestone!
    32 PGS. /Rated A ...$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #531
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Penciled by TYLER KIRKAN
    Cover by RON GARNEY
    "MR. PARKER GOES TO WASHINGTON"
    Peter Parker's trip to Washington with his boss Tony Stark has been a real doozy. As if suffering politicians who want to impose all sort of new rules on guys like him isn't enough, he's also got to deal with the monstrous might of the Titanium Man! Good thing for Spidey, his new costume's got some very special features...Get ready, True Believer. The clouds are quickly building on the horizon for a storm that will shake the entire Marvel Universe next month! Part 3 (of 3).
    32 PGS./Rated T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

DAREDEVIL #84
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by MICHAEL LARK
    Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
    We've all seen Daredevil pushed too far, seen what happens when he pushes back, and we know it always ends in tears. Now, with the death of Foggy Nelson plaguing his every waking moment, Matt, blaming himself, runs wild in Rykers, determined to find out who put his best friend at the end of a knife. This is Daredevil as you've never seen him before, unplugged from his own sense of right and wrong, alone in the cold walls of the system he's spent his life defending, and the only thing on his mind is vengeance! From award-winning creators Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark.

MARVEL KNIGHTS FANTASTIC FOUR #29
    Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
    Penciled by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
    Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    THE SUPER HEROES' APPRENTICE
    Part 1 (of 2)
    Fantastic Enterprises is ready to go public, and to mark the occasion the FF agrees to an outrageous publicity stunt: Drafting an honorary fifth member to join their team. Ten young super-heroes "compete" for the spot, but only nine of them have honorable intentions. Number Ten will stop at nothing to win--and to get his or her hands on the secrets of the Fantastic Four. Guest-starring The Invincible Iron Man!

WOLVERINE #41
    Written by STUART MOORE
    Pencils & Cover by C. P. SMITH
    "THE PACKAGE"
    Special extra-sized issue! Deep in the heart of war-torn Africa, Logan must escape from an army of savage killers -- with a baby strapped to his chest! The infant daughter of an overthrown monarch is the only hope for a country's future, and the conquering warlord is determined to see her dead. Can Wolverine get her to the border alive? Or will his greatest failure doom an entire nation? Written by guest-writer Stuart Moore (LEGION OF SUPERHEROES) with art by C.P. Smith.
    48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

ANNIHILATION: NOVA #1 (of 4)
    Written by ANDY LANNING & DAN ABNETT
    Penciled by KEV WALKER
    Cover by GABRIELE DELL'OTTO
    ANNIHILATION continues here!
    Beaten and nearly dead, Nova prepares to go back into battle! Can Nova cope with the awful burden of Xandar's legacy? Can he carry a warning to friendly space? Can he even stay alive for another five minutes with the murdering hosts of the Annihilation Wave closing in?

ANNIHILATION: RONAN #1 (of 4)
    Written by SIMON FURMAN
    Penciled by JORGE LUCAS
    The shockwaves from the ANNIHILATION: PROLOGUE propels Ronan into his own limited series! No longer recognized as "Accuser," Ronan himself has been accused, tried and stripped of his rank. Now Ronan is out to clear his name!
    Guest starring a host of Marvel's biggest and baddest cosmic characters!

ANNIHILATION: SILVER SURFER #1 (of 4)
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN
    Penciled by RENATO ARLEM
    The Annihilation Wave has targeted the ex-heralds of Galactus. Hunted by beings every bit as powerful as himself, the Silver Surfer must find a way to unite Galactus' ex-heralds against a common foe!
    But, can even the united cosmic might of those who served Galactus stand against these powerful beings called Seekers!?
    Guest starring: FIRELORD and GABRIEL THE AIR WALKER. And introducing RAVENOUS!

ANNIHILATION: SUPER-SKRULL #1 (of 4)
    Written by JAVIER GRILLO-MARXUACH
    Penciled by GREG TITUS
    From one of the writers of the hit television series "LOST", comes a new vision of the venerable villain as Super-Skrull brings his devious cunning to bear on an unstoppable enemy! Super-Skrull bursts into the frontline of the war against the Annihilation Wave-taking the fight to the enemy in his own ruthless way.
    And for once, evil may just be the only way to defeat evil!

CAPTAIN AMERICA #17
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by MIKE PERKINS
    Cover by STEVE EPTING
    Crossbones and the Red Skull's daughter, Sin, have come to the American Midwest to tear a new hole in A.I.M., but none of them counted on Cap and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 13 stumbling into the mix, and everything going wrong. The action-packed conclusion of this two-parter will leave two vengeance-fueled characters on a collision course with destiny and destruction!

FANTASTIC FOUR #537
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Pencils & Cover by MIKE MCKONE
    The Road to CIVIL WAR continues! At a remote scientific outpost, a heavenly artifact becomes the touch-point of a conflict between the Fantastic Four and a reborn Doctor Doom!
    32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

IRON MAN #7
    Written by DANIEL & CHARLIE KNAUF
    Penciled by PATRICK ZIRCHER
    Cover by ADI GRANOV
    "The List" Part 1 of 6
    CARNIVALE's Daniel Knauf and CABLE & DEADPOOL's Patrick Zircher take the armored Avenger monthly! Having exposed himself to the Extremis enhancile, Tony Stark is a new man--literally! But that's what has his New Avengers allies worried! And who is the mysterious figure working his way down a list of targets?

NEW AVENGERS #18
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by MIKE DEODATO
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    THE COLLECTIVE CONTINUES!
    A staggering being of immeasurable energy has struck the earth and the Mighty Avengers are fighting against it with everything they have. Guest starring the Young Avengers, Ms. Marvel and... a brand new hero joins the Marvel echelon.
    32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ASTONISHING X-MEN #14
    Written by JOSS WHEDON
    Pencils & Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    From peculiar to just plain bizarre, Emma Frost's erratic behavior has the X-Men spinning in a non-stop downward spiral. Will an unlikely union be the final straw?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I want Astonishing X-Men right now. And I hope Civil War is done better than the House of M.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok, ive been outta the loop. whats all this civil war talk?

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Astonishing X-Men sounds fantastic. I'm interested again in Amazing Spider-Man, as it sounds like Iron Man (one of my favorites) is being a major guest star, and we're seeing a distancing from the mystical mumbo jumbo. Iron Man sounds good, and truthfully, a reasonable path for the character to go down now. Same goes for New Avengers. Hell, I might even pick up the Ultimate Deadpool arc in USM.

But...Brubaker's fucking Daredevil. I refuse to accept what he's done to the status quo until I see undeniable proof with my own eyes. I mean...fucking a. It's going to have to be a fantastic comic to win me over to this new change in Murdock's life.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'd take major effort to make something worse than House of M.

6. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Love Ultimate Deadpool's look. But I'm confused. The solicitation for Parts 1 & 2 calls his gang the Marauders. Now they're the Reavers. Which one is it?

The Apocalypse story in Cable & Deadpool and X-Men sounds awesome. Can't wait for it.

Exiles: World Tour is continuing into May? Not that I'm bored with it, but how long is it supposed to last?

X-Factor #6 sounds fun. For some reason, I foresee much hilarity when Guido goes jogging, but I'll probably be wrong.

Sweet. Age of Apocalypse Book 3. Still need Book 2, though.