Marvel comics did it too.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Usually people complain how the movies focus too much on the humans but the original Marvel Comcis story focused on a... human. Buster Witwicky. While the robots were more of background characters who would just show off their gimmicks for the toys. Now I enjoyed the first 4 issues but they did a similar thing to the movies which people forget. Both focused on humans and sidelined the Transformers gimmicks for action.

2. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

That literally only happens for brief sections in the first four issues. The humans come in from time to time, and Buster's a major character in the next arc, but there are gigantic stretches of the comics where the main humans are not heard from at all. There are quite a few one offs early on, but Marvel G1 is the most robot centric series until Beast Wars/Machines.

3. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Well I am also talking about the next arc. I know later on its more robot centric but early on the humans do just as much if not more then the robots in terms of development.

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Eh...the Marvel comic, even in its original arc, actually spent quite a bit of time with the robots - the first issue alone starts with about six or seven pages of robot action before we get to present-day Earth - right down to getting into the heads of the robot characters, their thoughts, their feelings.

Plus the original story was at least a little more compelling even on the human front, what with Sparkplug being abducted by the 'Cons and forced to help them with their fueling needs (regardless of how plausible their scheme was), and Buster being torn between helping the 'Bots and heeding his Dad's wishes to stay clear of them.

Are you sure? A hefty chunk of the first year or so of stories dealt with the power struggle between Shockwave and Megatron, Ratchet coping with being the last Autobot standing in the wake of Shockwave's surprise attack, the 'Bots coping with the rise of Circuit Breaker, and Optimus trying to ward off Shockwave getting his hands - well, OK, hand - on the Creation Matrix (not to mention Blaster and his crew back on Cybertron battling Straxus). The only meaningful human drama that's prominent in most of this is Buster dealing with having the Creation Matrix transferred to him and Blackrock dealing with what's happened to Josie.

5. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

i was not a big reader of the comics but when I did I only remember seeing robots.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And people complained like hell when the Marvel Comics did it too. The Neo-Knights drew some seriously venomous letters to the letters page.