Marvel: As Many as 10 more movies based on 10 characters

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Jux, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I want to see a House of M movie.

110 minutes of people standing around and saying "Hey, this is weird" followed by 8 minutes of explanation and 2 minutes of frantic fighting against Magneto.

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

That would be awesome.

And while I initially scoffed at a Power Pack movie, could could actually be pretty good depending how they went about it.

Hawkeye and Cloak and Dagger on the other hand...

And yes, Ant-Man movie = :lol 

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Let's see...

-Captain America: Makes sense. He's one of THE Marvel characters.

-Black Panther: Is he popular enough?

-Avengers: Also makes sense. They're Marvel's other big-name team (the X-Men being the other).

-Nick Fury: Hmm... could make a good government intrigue movie.

-Ant-Man: WHY?!

-Cloak and Dagger: See Black Panther.

-Doctor Strange: Could be a cool, supernatural/macabre movie. But I see it getting TV-movie status like Man-Thing for some reason.

-Hawkeye: Does he have enough history for a solo movie? I would think being part of the ensemble cast of the Avengers is enough.

-Power Pack: Could be a good movie for the kiddies that aren't allowed to see the PG-13 Marvel movies.

-Shang-Chi: I see it being a mindless kung-fu flick that rips off every famous martial arts movie.

And where are the bigger Marvel characters? Like Iron Man. He has more potential for a blockbuster than half of these characters. And even though I'm not familiar enough with Deadpool, he'd make a great movie. With the right actor, audiences would eat up a smart-mouthed merc.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Iron Man has already been announced. These "10" movies are the exclusive deal with Paramount. They don't include already announced/pre-production/filming movies. We've still got Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Luke Cage, and of course the sequels, Spidey 3, X-Men 3, Punisher 2, Daredevil 2, Fantastic Four 2 all coming out over the next few years as well.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Wow; Marvel is handling their movies much like their comics, in excess. I think my plate got full with just Spidey 3 and X-Men 3, now I find out they're making a sequel to Daredevil? How did that movie do well enough; I mean the first one was ok, but they crammed way too much of Miller's run into it to make it as uniquely enjoyable as Spidey or even Hulk. (Which I happened to like and still need to snag the DVD of.)

Of course I'm just quoting from what other comic geeks have said about the movie; with it being my first major foray into the Daredevil world I found it enjoyable... Though I prefer Elektra's character in her own movie as opposed to DD.

Still I suppose if this sequel is good enough and they bring back the lovable Michle Clark Duncan as Kingpin I'd probably enjoy it... As long as they use one major plot and leave all the other little plot bunnies out of it.

As far as the others go; I liked FF so I'll probably like the sequel as long as it's not rehashed from the first one. And since I have yet to see the new take on Punisher I'll have to hold off before I consider it's sequel... Of course I'm a sucker for characters who take justice into their own hands.

Those other three titles... I don't know squat about Ghost Rider or Luke Cage, except that I believe he worked with Iron Fist in the comics and perhaps some woman as well.
    And as far as GR is concerned... Well guys with flaming skulls for heads do intrigue me; I mean why else would I dig Skeletor so much? :lol 
    And last, but not least we have Iron-Man; a likeable character with a certain charm and a foible... I think if they were to make this movie I would certainly hope that the so called Mandarin is more of a shadowy character that one doesn't see too well, if he's in it. I prefer the major villains not to be so in your face; especially when we're talking about green guys with ten rings of power. (The 90's IM toon being the only series I've ever seen with the info on the character gleaned from stray memories.)

Other then that... Well unless Iron-Man is already a paramount piece I fail to see how he could ever appear in their Avenger's movie. And all that other stuff... Yeah; in excess, oversaturation of the market... Hell we still haven't seen movies based on Green Lantern, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Martian Manhunter, JLA, JSA?, JLU... No wait that's the toon. Or even a movie version of Nightwing from DC and you know why? (Aside from the shumacher death of the Batman franchies before Batman Begins revitalized it.)

Because DC knows that they can't make a movie based on every hero, I mean GL alone has what? Three different guys from Earth who recieved the power over the years. Actually I think it might be cool to see a JL movie, but characters who are less iconic then Supes, Bats or Wonder Woman don't really hold much interest in me for solo movie careers, I mean look at those old Flash movies?

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I can think of six, off the top of my head. Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Raynor, and Scott's daughter Jennie-Lynn Hayden.

7. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

I second a Deadpool and a Sentry movie.

The more I think about it, the more I come to think the reason behind Antman and Hawkeye is 1 of 2 things:

1.) Antman and Hawkeye, along with Captain America and Ironman, are going to all predate the Avengers movie, and in that way, less time needs to be spent in the Avengers movie characterizing each character.
    or
    2.) The Avengers movie will come out simultaneously with Antman and Hawkeye, both of which will be direct to video movies... so when you see them in the Avengers movie, if you want to know more about them you can go out and see those movies.

Also, and I know we're talking way over-budgetted here, but I really, really hope that once they get enough of these Marvel movies under their belt they're going to make a giant crossover movie with someone like Apocolypse or Galactus as the main villian.

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Actually, I had a thought during work. If they were to base it on the Ultimate Fury, they could get Samuel L Jackson to play him, and let's face it, that would :rock 

9. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I'm waiting for a "Bucky: Warrior of Freedom" movie.

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Have you seen my movies?! THIS IS HOW I TALK! (Chappelle's Show rocks)

11. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I was going to say that any good Nick Fury film would have to be based on the Steranko run, but then I realised you would have to hand out LSD at the door to recreate some of that visually in a live action film.

12. DevilzFan

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

Oh man. It's so true though.

13. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I think they're going to kill the comic-movie genre with too much saturation. Most of them will have the same direction in the movie. Guy/girl gets powers, finds bad guy, defeats bad guy, wash, rinse, repeat. All the stuff in-between won't matter, it will just be filler to try and make the movie different from the other 9 movies. I could keep going but I think I'll stop here. Cause then I would probably start repeating myself just like the movies.

14. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Power Pack and Cloak & Dagger ?! Riiiiiiiight... These comic movies are really getting out of hand.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, do we have the WWE doing that at its Royal Rumble PPV? LOL!

Anyway I agree TheIncredibleHulk's post...

16. Mactronics

Mactronics Destronger!!!

Sorry had to comment...

Seriously they are kinda over doing it but I would definitely would want to see a Infinity Gauntlet or Age of Apocalypse movie!

17. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Braaaaaaains.... BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Uh some stuff like Captain America, The Avengers and Black Panther I can look foward too but other things like Power Pack?? The reason why the past Marvel Movies have been successful has been because the characters were already known before there movies in some form. Who the hell knows who Cloak and Dagger are a duo of black and white teenagers with the powers to alter matter?? More importantly(and I dont even know this) who the hell are they going to be against?? I know of no villian singular to them. Spider-man has the Green Goblin, X-Men has Magneto, FF4 has Doctor Doom, Capt has the Red Skull but Cloak and Dagger have?? Err I think I will be in the DC Movie camp for the next few years.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Well Blade was largely unknown before the movie came out as well.

20. DevilzFan

Holy 2 year old necro-thread Batman!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.