1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Market value for Botcon Dreadwind?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RavX, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love the classics skyfire/jetfire mold and was thinking about hunting for a Botcon 2007 Dreadwind. I was wondering what everyone thought a good/fair price to pick him up for would be? I've never really gone after botcon exclusives before and there are only a handful on ebay, so I didn't know if they were significantly marked up or if that was the current going rate (~$140 shipped). Thanks!

2. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a great mold and my favorite out of the Botcon exclusives. I think around 90-110 would be the going rate, at least from what I've seen. Keep watching the junkion exchange and ebay. You'll see one for a good price.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that sounds about right, or maybe 100-120. what i usually do is first search the junkion if anyone is selling and then look for completed auctions on ebay for that item to get a general idea of what they are going for.

such as......
    http://completed.shop.ebay.com/item...acatZ2479QQ_sopZ12QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em283

4. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    WOW that is expensive. I picked mine up at Botcon '08 for $50. no data card though, but i dont care about that crap. It was still twisty tied to the plastic tray.

5. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I'd pick him up now, he seems to be the only mold not being henkei'd by takara so I reckon his stock is on the up :) 

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I nabbed one back in April for like, $65 shipped. Glad I did.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    What about Bug Bite? I'd be surprised if he got the Henkei treatment.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got one off Ebay last month for around $70, it's just a matter of being patient and looking for a good deal.

10. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the jetfire/skyfire mold was henkei'd, but rmember Dreadwind wasn't a Japanese character. I think Buster would be an awesome recolor though.

11. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ended up plucking one off ebay for under $90 -- I reallylike this guy. He did come with a real small paint chip/scratch on the side of his canopy (might have happened in shipping or might just be a poor manufacturing process - i dunno - he was supposed to be mint) that I would love any advice on fixing for those who may have experience painting/modding.

But overall I am glad I got him .. he goes well with my hasbro skyfire and treadbolt. I may pick up henkei skyfire just to complete the set :)