Mark Wahlberg mentions Dinobots in Facebook video

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    who the fuck is mark wahlberg? you mean marky mark, right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    This movie simply is going to fall flat on its face by trying to do way too much with too little actual substance of plot. Same problem that ROTF and AOE have - so embroiled in the 'epic' scope of cramming gimmick after gimmick to market the film that the plot focus lacks coherence in explaining how any of it ties together without pushing the average movie goer's limit of suspension of disbelief.

TF5 is looking like it has not learned quantity over quality fails.

3. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Quality? Transformation is the gimmick.

4. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Yells at Clouds

News Credits:
    Transformers 5: The Land Before Time... I'm calling it now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    Jurrasic World Raptor rip-off coming?

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm with you 50/50, just because some elements in the filming look interesting.

But AOE did suffer from too much in one movie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Maybe it'll be these guys. LOL!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    My problem is that doing too much in one film leaves less time to develop on any of them in a worthwhile way. Using AOE as an example, how important was it for the dinobots to be the dinobots given they only show up in the last third of the film and no correlation existed between them and the fact space metal was made from dinosaurs?

9. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it suffered from poor story telling and the quality of substance that was in the movie. You can have as much substance in a film as you want if its executed properly.

10. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    REALLY surprised no one jumped on this by saying "Better Transformers, of course!"

Honestly I LIKE some of the gimmicks in the generations lines... But the movie gimmicks have historically been questionable and um... I don't even know sometimes. Those big spring-loaded weapons, for one, were a big let-down for the most part.

But anyway, mostly my post is KUDOS to the community for not crapping all over this movie yet... Oh... ::Looks at other posts:: hmm....

Never mind....

-A.S.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Fair enough.

The Dinobots needed more than just Optimus calling them the legendary knights. Ugh, well Grimlock is part of the reason I'm going to watch the next film, character development or not. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    -_-

... Monstructor or GTFO.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Maybe the mini Dinobots will somehow retcon the last ones like giving us a Swoop with on head. Not to mention they'll scale similarly to the Autobots hopefully since the original Dinobots were massive.

14. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    This'll end up being the way Godzilla (1996?) had mini-Godzillas so they could do a Jurassic Park rip-off scene.

15. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Mini Dinobots? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Well, at best it'll be a ripoff of another film or a way to introduce something into the series that'll be utilised better in another iteration, and at worst it'll basically be whatever that head thing was from DOTM that showed up for a few minutes...only given more screen time.

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Honestly I think AoE could have been far better had the plot instead been the Autobots not being betrayed by the humans - again - but actually hailed as international heroes. But then suddenly metal dinosaurs start popping up attacking people and after it is discovered they too are Cybertronian somehow, the Autobots are at a loss to explain what is going on and why they aren't stopping it like they did the Decepticons. Suddenly, KSI shows up with not-T2-reject manmade transformers faster than the Autobots and beat down the dinosaurs, making Attinger's bots and angle to mass market them worldwide actually not involve completely rendering the US government incapable of maintaining recognition of the Autobots as sentient allies.

Except then at a NEST compound, a giant T-Rex bursts in demanding to see Prime in raw caveman speak, having extreme difficulty in explaining who he is and why he's not trying to murder humans indicriminately. Ratchet then removes a suspicious looking armor piece, which releases the dinosaur's transformation cog and subsequently he assumes a robot mode, speaking much more clearly and establishing himself as Grimlock, King of the Dinobots. This plot twist then reveals KSI is instigating the dinobot attacks in the first place - hence why they're always there before the Autobots (yes this is basically what Syndrome was trying to do in The Incredibles but bear with me) - and using inhibitor technology to control them through their armor. And if they get uncontrolable, the dinobots are killed and melted down into KSI bots. But where did KSI get the technology to make transformers in the first place?

Well, Decepticons obviously. Personally I like the idea Lugnut comes to Earth after hearing about Megatron's final demise and being the #1 Megatron fan of all time, decides to take over leading the Cons in Megatron's name. And to acomplish rebuilding the Decepticon army AND a deathgrip on humanity all over the globe, he partners with Attinger who just wants money. And Lugnut is a bloody superbomber who throws the Punch of Kill Everything - seriously, it's even on his RTS toy - which is like punching enemies with nuclear bombs. So, he could punch Sideswipe and send him clear across the Atlantic ocean, but simply having him punch Grimlock and knock him only a city block, THAT is how you establish shit getting real in a final battle. Plus since none of the Autobots pointlessly died off screen, there's a bunch of background characters to fight background remote controled Dinobots and KSI drones while Prime, Bee, and Grimlock (plus any other dinobots he personally frees from enslavement mid-battle) wreck faces front and center.

Seriously, that would be an epic film and that's just going on the idea dinobots are major players in it. No mass autobot murdering, no Megatron resurecting get-out-of-jail free card, no human betrayal being the only reason the plot happens, and Lugnut can plausibly survive the final battle to swear revenge and then fly off to Chernobyl or something to hide in relative safety. And the main bad guys are still Decepticons!

EDIT: And as much as I think the Creators are utterly stupid, since they're just Not-Quints for all we probably will ever care, they can be mentioned in passing in brief exposition on where the metal dinobots even come from - basically preserving the stupid 'shoot laser at dinos to make super metal' idea except this straight up made them transformers too and they chased the Creators away, who then fired the meteor at Earth that killed most of the Dinobots and the survivors buried deep in the Earth in stasis - and then Lugnut could run into Lockdown at Chernobyl, who mentions the Creators are 'interested' in the one robot the rebellious dinobots even respect and so have hired him, and as Lugnut just got his shit wrecked by Prime, their interests are 'aligned' as the guy from Blacklist would put it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yay! optimus prime and grimlock had babies!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  19. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

When he mentions \"Mini-Dinobots\", I\'m assuming he\'s talking about Slash. Or others like him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. deathdrive

deathdrive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man when critics were slamming the g1 movie for being a toy commercial they must feel dumb comparing it to the bayverse movies. None of the damn bots have any character beyond \"i am this shallow representation of a stereotype\" when the g1 movie made me feel for the characters and made me want to buy them BECAUSE they were so charming. I mean look at how crappy toys were back then to now, i bet if a kid who never watched transformers ever was exposed to the g1 movie and any of the crap bayverse ones then was asked which toy theyd want, well, you know the answer.