Mark Wahlberg Confirms He Will Return for Transformers 5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Dec 14, 2015.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I will agree the movies have become unwatchable...and even more so with Marky leading the way (not that it's necessarily his doing,) but you can't argue with their success. They make shit-tons of money. As such, why would you expect them to change anything?

Then again, the toys were selling like mad when they were impossible for 5 year olds or their parents to figure out and yet they changed those to dumbed down pieces of crap...and now they don't sell. Good job there, 'Bro!

2. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax I know what I'm about, son.

News Credits:
    Well, I've never been one to deny other people from sharing their opinion even if I don't agree with it. But just insulting or looking down on others over a toy purchase decision or what movies they watch is par for the course here.

Right, I got that. I like the movies but for the reason you mentioned. I know they're not writing gold. Comedy gold. Characterization gold. But I enjoy them. And the toys are just... well they're just excellent.

Again, no biggie, but you said "Turn of your brains" instead of "Turn off your brains."

Just slightly humorous, given the context of the conversation. That's all.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's cute a few of you people speak for all fans.

4. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Tenebris: welcome and sorry it was negativity that forced your hand :D 

The problem here is the same one I'm seeing in the 3p vs HasTak space: the idea that what lines you like somehow makes one a "better" or "truer" fan.

So in here we have non-movie fans stating they are better or truer fans than those who like the movies.

Over in MP or 3p threads you get people who believe that because they only collect "high end collectible figures" instead of buying "crap toys for children" they are better fans.

It's the new elitism. I don't care who likes or hates what, that's not the issue. Nor that they express said dislike.

The problem is the "I'm going to speak down to you or belittle you because I consider what I collect/like to be superior to what you collect/like and that makes me a superior fan and collector to you".

5. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    If you, me and everyone on this thread were face to face right now, and you said this, I would give you a standing ovation.

6. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Hell, I'd buy him a steak dinner.*

*Nothing over 20 bucks.

7. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It happens. Giggle away...

8. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Yep. That's why I don't generally point it out or care.

We're all human.

9. Tenebris

Tenebris Member

Thank you for the welcome - I too desired that it had been under better circunstances, but alas, we can't always get what we want! *winks to the "ORIGINAL TRANSFORMERS FANS"*

I know that this 'Elitism' is present a bit everywhere, but I never seen a case quite so pervasive before in my life, hence my little verbal explosion before.

I also don't mind divergences in opinion, these lead to healthy discussions and sometimes, results. What we have here is a vomit fest instead. It's like entering a room and everyone starting to throw up on you at the same time.

Thank you for the sentiment, it's appreciated :D 

I do not usually explode in such a impassioned way, but I had been holding this in for too long. I was afraid I had overdid it a little ^^'

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    You think this is bad? Man, video games at the moment are like the online version of trench warfare with all the roaring desire from each side to give their respective huns a good thrashing.

11. Tenebris

Tenebris Member

Does that excuse the behavior present both here and there then?

I said that I had never seen it, not that it doesn't exist. If you say it's even worse, I will take your word for it because I don't bother with videogame forums, just with playing them :D 

12. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your stay here regardless of what your preferences or likes are!

I'll happily admit that I'm not a "true fan." I like Beast Machines. I like the concept of Transformium. I like Galvatron's AOE origins more than his G1 origins, and I love G1 Galvatron, too.

Back to the thread topic though, since Wahlberg is confirmed, and in truth he has said he was going to be back for a while, I am curious what the relationship between the Transformers and humans in TF 5 will be. Prime has left Earth, and he commanded the Autobots to protect the Yaegers. Obviously the Yaegers and Autobots are on good terms, and I doubt Cemetery Wind will still be around. Still, I don't think it will be like the NEST days when the Autobots and the military are in an active alliance and fight side by side. Also, how will humanity react to the presence of gigantic Dinobots roaming the wilds? I think humans will realize they aren't bad guys, but at the same time they won't be happy that robots capable of such destruction are running loose. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if TF 5 or a future film has aspects of Dinobot Island where they demand the Dinobots stay in their own remote place away from cities and farms and infrastructure. Keep in mind this is all just a guess of mine.

Also, some may decry having human characters in Transformers films, but in truth I think humans are important for scale and the disguise aspect. Also, I think the relationship between the Transformers and humans is important, whether it's Cade's friendship with Optimus, Sam's friendship with Bumblebee, NEST working with the Autobots, or Attinger's alliance with Lockdown.

13. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Join the few, and the proud. Fall not, to the dark ways of the "true fan". Stay strong, stay motivated, for if we resist the temptation of these blasphemous hypocrites, then we have stood through the true challenge.

For this is not the challenge of good vs evil. It is brother vs brother, Family against Family, friend vs friend.......Fan against Fan. And This war has been waging for ages, and it may never cease. For the opinion of the few is greatly outmatched. YET do not fear, We stay PROUD, we stay STRONG. Even when we stare in the face of our darkened brother en we hope that perhaps there is still good in them. Perhaps they can still find and hold onto that little treasure of this great franchise that once made their hearts leap. But today may not be that DAY, and that Day is yet to come. For now you have seen and heard. You have witnessed the fight, been exposed to the light. For these are the BOARD WARS.....And they shall always be remembered.

Welcome to TFW2005....Tenebris.

14. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

I don't mean to intrude own your welcoming post but me being The Dark side in the flesh, I say that there is no good or bad in people like as opposed to things, only a right side and left side. What can be good to one person can be horribly bad to another person or vice versa.
    But hey, for naming purposes and to know which is which good vs Evil is ok. Im not trying to put a end to that

15. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    That is why I implied that this was not a conflict between good and evil. But between brother and brother. Fan and fan. One's side might view the other side as dark, but they at the base level are equal.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The box office is in a weird place.

On one hand you have the success story of China where with only around $3 million in advertising they managed a $320 million box office run. Throw in being a co-production thanks to the amount that was filmed in China and Paramount gets a better cut of that box office than Hollywood studios normally get. On the down side with China you only make your money once.

US the estimates were something like $100 million in advertising to end up with a box office run of $245 million. Now some people will swear the US doesn't matter but the general rule of thumb is that over about 10 years you will make the box office and a half off of all the ways the domestic market consumes movies at home. So if you are a studio you still want a huge domestic box office run.

So do you go short run and hope franchise fatigue never hits internationally or do you prop up your domestic numbers to keep money flowing in long term? Not exactly an easy decision.

17. EagleTron

Oh, a little dual reality for your sake. Good for you.

18. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    ok then

19. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Of course he will return, its another easy paycheck.

Welcome fellow White Knight to just another Internet forum where grown men discuss toys. While your post comes from a place of righteousness, and may seem like a breath of fresh air in all these 'true fan' and 'move hate' fueled posts, it is little more than troll cookies for trolls. Just don't feed them.

You do realize anytime you try to combat negative posts online, you are engaging in an argument with a grown ass man who hordes toys and 'tells' you how you should be, and you should agree with him. Sadness to the nth degree. Is it really a fight worth having a cock in this fight? Personally I loathe most of everything Bayformers brought to the TF franchise, but I'm glad I discovered this website because it turned me onto 3rd party products, and rekindled my love of G1. You'll find the same amount of fan on fan fire fighting in those areas of the forums as well. Some people just don't like others loving 3rd party products more than they do and buying expensive non licensed awesomeness.

Enjoy this site for what it is and use your block feature if you find yourself bombarded by the perpetual negativity of people who like to point fingers and others and attack them for their personal tastes. See ya round!

20. EagleTron

That was the worst post I have ever read in my life.