Mark Wahlberg Confirms He Will Return for Transformers 5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Dec 14, 2015.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Yay, Cade Yeager is back!

And hopefully his daughter will now be of a legal age too.

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

All I want is one Transformers movie free of drugs, deviant/questionable sex plots, and toilet humor.

Is this an unreasonable request to be made of life?

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was referencing the "turn of your brain and enjoy it" excuse.

4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    How is it an excuse if that's what some people do?

And while I'm not one to point out typos usually... I had to laugh. Sorry.

5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    They should bring back Shia as Sam, but have him in a tragic accident. Then have Cade use his tech knowhow to Frankenstein a robot body using that bald douche's resources, inserting Sam's brain into it to save his life, so they can have Autobot Spike as a movie.
    Then, once stopping the monstrosity, they hold a funeral for Sam as Cade laments his abilities and blah blah blah, then pan the camera to the Autobot's newest spaceship that looks conspicuously like Fort Max's travel mode.

...Oh yeah.
    I think it's nice that he's returning. I think he could be a decent character if he wasn't paired with a bitchy daughter and a douchebag whose only note is "I'm fuckin' yo daughter."

6. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is. The '86 movie didn't have those elements. This is Transformers, not National Lampoon's Interstellar Vacation. At this point, we're five movies in, with this one probably going to be the start of a cinematic universe. Which is a pretty big deal, even for today. The problem? Imagine if every movie in the X-Men franchise up until Days of Future Past was X-Men Origins Wolverine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for a reboot here, since doing so would be redundant, a terrible business move, would seriously frag up the continuity and end up costing Hasbro more money in the long term. BUT, if this is really going to be the beginning of a Movie Universe, than they'd better offer something pretty spectacular.

7. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Fixed that up for you. =p Though in all seriousness, I'm glad Sam's not going to come back anytime soon. Because Cade would most likely kick his ass 5 seconds after meeting him.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    You'd think not, and yet :p 

A technically underage daughter, very smooth douche-balloon. Jesus considering how much of an All American Man they made Cade out to be, it is a wonder he didn't just put the little wanker in the dirt five seconds after he busted out the clause. A clause I can only assume was named by people with a powerful lack of understanding or irony.

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

This just in those not returning for the Transformers 5 Movie.... The FANS!!

Honestly not Mark Whalbergs fault but who really gives a crap about part 5 after part 4. Bay is cooked his movies are friggin boring and thats mostly after being desensitized to the non stop explosions.

I would like a good director and a reboot please this shit sucks unless you are a kid not able to even drive a car yet.

10. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Lots of people. Even... le gasp. Fans!

And I'm 35. Though you are right about not driving a car, but that's due to medical reasons.

[​IMG]

11. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    What is it with these guys? I have no problem with people disliking or hating the movies, but what's with the "no true fans" and "only children like this crap (are you mentally a child?)" garbage?

12. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    I really don't know. It's sad, really. Justification for hating the movies besides "I just don't like them" I guess.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I will be.

I do.

I am.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just don't see Paramount bringing something spectacular because with Transformers being their big franchise they just seem too timid to go very far from what they have been doing. I think they will fear any sort of international box office drop off so badly that the next film will be more of the same.

Change looks more likely in films that were more of a modest success. The Turtles trailer looked like Paramount might be shaking things up on that franchise. I guess we just have to cross our fingers that change there might embolden Paramount to one day change things up with their Transformers franchise.

If you like everything they have been doing with Transformers it seems like a safe bet that you will like the next film. But the only place I think Transformers 5 will win over new fans is places with an expanding film market. I just don't see Transformers 5 winning people back over if they got tired of the series.

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well are you not justifying your reason to defend it? You must not of been on these boards when everyone told other fans " shut up its the only way they could do these movies " or " You just angry its not Geewun" orrrrr " Bay is the only one who can do these movies right "

I have heard it all and its been less that agreeable on all levels but for 4 movies those mostly new fans have had it there way.

It seems the arguement is dont fix if it aint broke.... I think there is a large part of fans that know these movies are horribly broken. BAY even destroyed fucking cybertron how much more do we need to play out here.
    Just very much sucks to be a fan of this franchise when it just sells out so very hard.

16. Tenebris

Tenebris Member

You know what? I never bothered to register or post in this board but I will do so now.

I have been lurking here for ages. I buy TF merchandise, I buy TF comics, I buy TF videogames, I buy TF movie tickets. In all ways that count, I am a Transformers fan - no matter what I saw/read first.

It will be neither you, nor anyone else who will blocking my door, supposedly gatekeeping who and who is not a fan of this franchise.

It's because of people like you that me and many others don't even bother participating in these so called 'discussions', it's because of you - and I speak of the plural you here, because it's not just this particular person that has been polluting the air here, only the one that made me blow up - that there aren't more people joining this fandom and seeing what else it has to offer beyond the movies.

This horribly toxic behavior has been going on for way to long. Everytime I come here to see if anything new pops up I read comment upon comment filled with utter idiocy. Do I think the movies are the best thing ever? no. But they did introduce me to this franchise and for that I will be forever grateful. I enjoy them! - a brand new concept for you I bet, but the world doesn't revolve around you, surprise!

And no, I 'knew' of transformers before, it's not because of my age. Or my supposed lack of braincells. Or whetever excuse you people find to bash people who enjoy these movies.

I could say I didn't care about your opinion - but that would be wrong, or I wouldn't be writing this. It, unfortunatly, hurts to read things like this in a board that should be about the a community of fans dedicated to a wonderful thing and is instead used to verbally beat up other people over their tastes.

This was probably my first and last post here - I don't quite feel like exploding anymore.

17. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    You're not justifying your reason to not like it when you make blanket statements and insults just because you can't have it "your way."

That's something that my son would have done when he was five. The only think you're missing is kicking your arms and legs.

Contrary to your belief, there are people who like the Transformers films. And guess what that makes them? Transformer fans.

I'm sorry this iteration of the ever-changing franchise isn't "your way." Maybe focus on something else instead of getting bent out of shape over it.

18. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Damn man. That's sad. I'm glad you joined and made this post though. Unfortunately, I've made similar posts and the very real and morose majority agreement is that "Bayformer fans aren't real fans and therefore have no place in this franchise."

They don't want to welcome new people if those new people came here from the Bay films. They remind me of a bunch of old guys sitting around talking about the "good ol' days" and membership is exclusive as long as you can also talk about them thar "good ol' days."

19. Tenebris

Tenebris Member

Funnily enough, that sort of gatekeeping atitude is the surest and fastest way ensure the stagnation and eventual death of a community. And If the community shrinks to nothing it's gonna be on their heads, no matter how much they will try to use bay as a scapegoat.

What I also don't understand is: if they hate the movies and the ones that watch them so much - What in the world are they doing in this part of the forum?! Do they do this with everything they don't like? It's a total waste of time!

(and I just made another post...I shouldnt torture myself like this XD)

20. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it's usually the excuse that gets brought up when we complain about the movies not being any good. I was just clarifying so no one would accuse me of poking fun at anyone.

Pardon?