Mark Wahlberg Confirms He Will Return for Transformers 5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Bingo.

See, the thing is, Transformers has been nearly a different version with each iteration it brings to the franchise. People want it to fall back to the "source material" when the "source material" for everyone is quite different. Joe's G1 isn't someone else's "G1" and could very well be Armada or Beast Wars.

So, the solution? Create a new facet of the franchise.

And yeah, I know not everyone wants G1. Not only for the aforementioned reasons, but because it's outdated. Even if there was a G1-centric movie I doubt it will have vehicles from the 80s in it, unless it was animated.

But we already got one of those.

Yay! Mark's back!

2. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    You'll have to forgive us, we are but a simple, stupid people.

3. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    I'm not really surprised by this.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There are days when I want just about any studio to have the Hasbro titles other than Paramount. Not even a G1 or Real American Hero thing just that Paramount doesn't seem to care about making good movies any more so it's paint by numbers type film making with a pop culture name slapped on to try and draw a crowd.

Once in a while they make a good movie out of Mission Impossible but the rest of their big action movies just seem like bad film making outside of the special effects.

If it was just one franchise, hey maybe they are just having trouble finding their grove but even the new Star Trek teaser trailer felt more like Bro Trek than Star Trek.

I know people want to chalk it up to hating change, but change in and of itself isn't a problem. The problem is there is a good change and bad change. If they were making great movies I'd say change away as long as I was wow what a great movie at the end rather than wow what a disappointment. Paramount doesn't make the worst films but the needle just never goes up or down with good film or bad film.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I have to say about this is:

...Meh.

6. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

Bay is a good directory. They way he utilizes dead time is smart and creative. I like most of what he does. But his one on one robot battles are sub par.
    If you need a visual example of what I'm saying. Watch a couple of one on one battles in that transformers prime series.
    I would allow Bay to return if he delegated some of his duties to an assistant.

7. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Well thankfully the choice isn't up to you.

That being said though, I've even seen the roughest critics state that Bay's robot combat is pretty top notch. It's interesting to see a different spin on it.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I know what you mean though, he likes having action coming off of the screen and he doesn't keep the camera still. For example, the fight between Optimus and The Fallen was annoying to watch. It's a stylized approach to directing though. I think Dark of the Moon improved on this but AOE seemed to regress a little bit; I did wish the camera would stay focused on Optimus vs Galvatron for example.

Part of what people like about action movies is of course seeing the action. The people involved have to be in frame and focused enough that we can see the action. The actors' movements are what's important here, not fancy camera work. I do think his choreography is good though, better than that on Transformers: Prime.

9. EagleTron

Oh, excuse me, should have been more clear. I don't want Bay back but if the majority wanted him back then I would allow him back with him sharing the directors position. Due to reasons I stated previously.

10. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    I guess I should have been more clear. You don't have a choice in allowing Bay back or otherwise.

11. EagleTron

I know I don't have a choice Sir. That's why I used the word would. Anything is possible. Let's say if I won the mega millions lottery and decided to invest millions in the transformers live action movies.

12. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

I'm done with this Bayformers crap. I gave the fourth movie a chance. Yeah, reboot my ass! It was the same crap all over again. Marky Mark did not bring any Good Vibrations to the franchise either. :thumbdown 

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think Bay does well with the action bits of movies. He brings a lot of energy to his action sequences and he seems to have a feel of where he wants to go with the action scene. With the size and weight of the 3D cameras he seems to have dropped a lot of the shaky cam stuff.

But with Bay always on the same franchise it starts to feel the same after while. It might have been better if Paramount had spread him out a bit more so instead of always on Transformers have him do a GI Joe movie or have his take on one of the other big Paramount properties. Maybe have him helm a MASK movie to get that property off the ground.

14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Yes! I like Wahlberg in AOE, the best in the series for me, and I'm glad he's back. I'm interested in seeing where the movies take things in 5 and I can't wait for production to start. Let the hype train start!

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Pacific Rim did not have annoying characters.
    You can argue that they were bland, or cliche.
    They were not annoying.

The human characters in Transformers movies all act like idiots.
    It's time to not waste time on showing everyone is stupid before moving onto the explosions.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Let me know when they announce who's editing this. Because if it's Rubell, Goldenberg, or Barton, I'm worried. AOE could have been tons better if it weren't 2 hours and 45 minutes.

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    it was supposed to be shorter during early stages

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sad but true.

That would be awesome.

I'm hoping they manage to keep keep the voice cast too.

10/10. :lolol 

19. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I don't love or hate Wahlberg for the franchise*, but I'm definitely disappointed in the likelihood of getting more of the same from this creative group.

I mean, we have no shortage of over-the-top, FX heavy, shut-your-brain-off action movies at this point, opening year round. It'd be nice to see our franchise do something, anything, differently... instead of just being known as the biggest and dumbest of the glut of these films.

I, hope TF5 proves me wrong, but I think Hasbro-mount is in for a rude awakening when this next one opens. The box office was very weak in the U.S. for the last one considering the runtime, budget, marketing, toy tie-in, etc... Unless of course the entire movie takes place in China this time. Then they can just live and die on worldwide box office.

*(I would have liked Duhamel to get a shot at top billing in one of these flicks instead).

20. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    They might be pushing the buttons, but Bay is very much running Post on these movies.

There's no way any feature editor worth his salt would let AOE run that long without Bay breathing down their necks to make sure all of his expensive set pieces are being fully utilized to justify his outrageous budget.

He's also most of the reason the scripts are shit. The story is just there to move him from one overgrown set piece he wants to blow up to the next.