Mark Wahlberg Confirms He Will Return for Transformers 5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

I'd link to M Sipher's rant about the "true fan" BS, but TFWiki's not working and I refuse to give Wikia any page hits. The "true fan" argument ticks me off more than any other idiotic crap I see in this fandom.

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

Agreed. I don't care what shows or toys or comics or movies or games fans like or don't like. If they like something Transformers, then they are a Transformers fan in my book.

3. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Sigh. If I got a dollar for every time something like this was said...

4. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just let Jonathan Liebesman be a Director on this one, he got potential in making superb action sequences.We can give him a try, I believing in him..

5. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I've liked the movies. It's what I always wanted - live-action transformers - especially hardcore scenes like when blackout attacked the whole Air Force Base.

I like more serious science fiction fundamentals like not the Allspark without a reason for it. I'd like to see either robotic lifeforms rebelled when they became sentient, like against the quintessons, or the original organic based lifeforms like the primes surviving by Engineering robotic bodies when their sun went dark and converting Cybertron to accommodate them.

That would make the loss of a life like ironhides special and irreplaceable. Or extrapolate on how these robots are their experiences beyond the sum of their programming. I'm hoping we get to some type of interesting point.

I don't mind Shia LaBeouf or Mark Wahlberg. Carly needs to return though, as that goes with G1 lore, and if Mikayla comes back then Sam can have a problem with her new boyfriend or whatever.

I would like to see the Stunticons at the very least, but perhaps the Combaticons and the Protectobots.

If Superion gets formed it must be done realistically. Maybe air raid and skydive climb up the body forming while they are robots. I'm not down for airplanes other than fireflight who is a harrier and capable of such maneuvers, combining in mid-flight. Sure I love that stuff as a kid but I'm grown up now. I guess I really want to escape in it looking as real as possible.

Sideswipe should return as they never addressed what happened to him. We know the Wreckers got killed.

I would not be opposed if Galvatron replaced motormaster for the purpose of forming Menosaur if he overrides and dominates the Stunticons because they are what came out of that Chinese factory.

There also needs to be a new human character who sips milk out of a straw in a tiny cardboard box.

Finally let's address what happened to the Dinobots after we last saw them. And Snarl and Sludge should be in this movie.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Rumored for a very long time but this pretty much a confirmation instead of all signs point to him being back.

Kind of feel neutral on the news. I like Mark Wahlberg as an actor in some roles, but Cade Yeager just wasn't a character I felt much about any sort of way. Didn't hate Yeager, didn't love Yeager, just sort of felt there to get us to the next scene of robots beating the crap out of each other.

7. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

He wouldn't be a bad choice for this movie. That fight scene in the latest ninja turtles movie where Shredder and Splinter battled it out was real good. Especially when Splinter was using his tail to swing and attack with that melee weapon.

8. HARD RAINBOW

HARD RAINBOW Well-Known Member

Outta my way, you Decepticon fucking shits!

Swear to God if he says this I'll start buttering everyone's popcorn.

9. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I have to say, these Bay shitfests have in my book surpassed the point of Fant4stic, and beyond seriously need a reboot... I know there's probably some bad blood between Dreamworks/Paramount/Disney/Hasbro Studios or whatever, but I think it would be dope if Marvel Studios could have Transformers. I mean, they created the franchise, so I think they should be the ones to save it from it's current death resting at the bottom of the Hollywood septic tank.

And sure, hardcore scenes and some cursing etc are to be expected, but bizarre lines like "give me your face!" don't evoke the Prime character at all and are really awkward.

Plus and by far most importantly, WHERE ARE THE FUCKING LASERS IN THESE BAY MOVIES, HOLY SHIT. We can have Lightsabers and beams out of the wazoo in Star Wars, plus Ironman with his physically impossible palm-mounted repulsors, then why are my beloved 'Bots using bullets from 1912???

K, rant over. But in the midst of good Combiner/Headmaster toy news these days, seeing movie news just makes my blood boil....:banghead: 

10. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to laugh at that, or cry for the state of the industry if Jonathan Liebesman is your choice for a director.

11. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Aside from a quick correction (Sunbow created the Transformers in conjunction with Hasbro, and the comics were merely a tie-in product to advertise the toys until they eventually developed their own identity). I feel you, mate. Hell, what's ironic is that people complain about Fan4stic deviating heavily from the source material, warps the characters beyond recognition, is filled with crappy greenscreen effects, and has long, boring scenes of exposition that don't amount to anything. Yet those same people heap untold praise upon these movies for....doing the exact same thing, just with a higher budget.

However, you've got to take the good with the bad. As bad as these movies are, were it not for them, we probably wouldn't have all these new toys coming out. Like it or not, these movies pretty much made the Transformers a household name, which hadn't been done before since 1985. And, like it or not, it's attracted new people to the franchise. It's pretty much their version of Generation 1, and for some people, it's probably their first. Hell, my introduction to the franchise was the Unicron Trilogy.

I'd like to think that eventually, once these movies have ran their course, we'll see a much more faithful adaptation of the Marvel stories.

12. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    I don't think so guys marvel is completely different from Hasbro including Toho

13. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

Not spending my money on watching this for sure.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Cool. He's much better suited to be an action hero than Shia. I just hope they give Cade some development to fix some of his character flaws. At least let him learn to live his life without his daughter's help.

15. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Good, I liked him.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    i bet that will not happen until the day they decide to reboot, or change directors

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Pacific Rim wasn't that good in my opinion. And it's funny how some people complain about the Transformers movies having annoying characters when Pacific Rim did too. Many people complain that they don't know what's going on in the fight scenes but I've always thought it was clear. I actually remember all the topics in 2007 about who was fighting who.

18. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you guys are just gonna leave your brains in the "off" position still?

And I have t admit, this makes ONE positive for me... MORE SPOILER SECTION GUY!!!!

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I've never used the "true" fan argument before since I generally think that there's no fan better than the other whether you buy merchandise or not. However, I did feel differently when it came to Digimon only because we're getting the first proper game in over 11 years next year - a localized game that people have been asking for and if these people who have been begging for it don't buy it and support the franchise which is mostly dead in the west then they can't really be real fans since if we don't get anymore Digimon stuff it will be because the powers that be assumed were weren't interested. But that's an entirely different thing.

In the case of Transformers people don't seem to understand that not everything is made to cater to them. Just because we have Transformers movies it doesn't mean it's aimed at long time fans. Maybe the movies are made to recruit new fans? There's a thought. I'm not getting into this debate again but people need to realize that it's not about them and what they want.

20. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I like Cade, he's a cool guy among stupid ones. But I don't think I'll watch the movie in the cinema because of traditional disappointments.