Mark Wahlberg Confirms He Will Return for Transformers 5

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Whew I thought maybe they'd start making decent decisions for once, thus reigning in the end of days.

2. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

So much for a "good for him" topic, it's already devolved into yet another movie bash topic.

3. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Can some real news about the movies PLEASE come out. We have known this for literally 1 year already. Hell, the article already mentions that.

4. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

sigh... so instead of a movie where the Autobots fly after Prime (hopefully to Cybertron FINALLY), maybe taking a few humans along for the ride (I vote Epps and Lennox, but they can take Cade too), it's going to be another overly human present drama on Earth. I'm ok with Cade as a character, but really it could have just been him and any other daughter (of any age) and you could have cut out the creepy statutory but thank god there's a loophole boyfriend and the stupid assistant and the story would have been just as coherent.

I hate to say it, but they could have just made Stanley Tucci the main villain and cut out Kelsey Grammer and the story would have still been as coherent. I don't think it's unthinkable that people like the Bayverse, but there seems to be so much fluff in them and not enough core story or character development. ooooh Galvatron is a reincarnation of Megatron cuz it turns out they basically downloaded him from Megatron's head... TWIST!

If they're going to follow the forms of the previous films, they'll follow Tessa to college to protect her from Galvatron and Cade will be weird all over the fraternity guys trying to hit on her...

ok, having griped about the movies I must now be silent about them for a month, otherwise I will turn into that guy.

5. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 ACAB means Prowl too

Sadly, every movie related thread turns into a salt-fest. Just once I'd love to have a movie news story thread be about positive criticisms, discussions of the movie, et cetera, not just rage and "true fan" accusations.

6. zman009

zman009 Member

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Sentinel Lynx

Sentinel Lynx The bane of existence.

In case you haven't watched the movies, let me summarize them for you.

1: Shia LeBouf stars in a mediocre Transformers movie
    2: Shia LeBouf stars in a crappy Transformers movie where Megatron relives as a... thing and summons another thing to break a pyramid to help a robotic skeleton.
    3: Shia LeBouf needs to go please. At least they caused less damage than Superman.

Seriously though.

They might as well have just replaced every Transformer with a protoform.
    4: Mark Wahlberg stars in the first good-ish live action Transformers movie.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Been like this since '06. If they haven't let it go in almost 10 years I don't think they ever will.

9. Rumbleburst02

Rumbleburst02 Well-Known Member

Noooooooo!!

10. Omegaprime90

Omegaprime90 Well-Known Member

Is Cad's daughter and her boyfriend even supposed to return? They were pretty much useless. I agree with the post about Bay always coming and going on transformers movies. "I'm not gonna direct the next one. What will it be without me. I'd better do it. But I'm not doing the next one."

The only thing he does well in the movies is find a somewhat attractive female and put her in as little clothing as allowed for a PG-13 movie for the guys to get off to. Otherwise, he makes it so they have no use in the movie(s) other than being a stereotypical damsel that needs someone to rescue her from her stupidity.

Maybe we can get a better director who will introduce an intelligent female who can actually do things for herself and help the transformers without just being in the way.

Also, with the 4 more movies and 3 year average span, how do they expect their 10 year plan to work out? If 5 comes out in late 2017, 6 in 2020, 7 in 2023, and 8 would be in 2026. I guess it's ten years at most starting from 2017. But it would be nice to get these closer in again. I'm so tired of companies pushing their releases even farther apart each time.

11. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    I hope he has 'creative differences' with Bumblebee pretty soon.

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I guess I actually just expected he and the main stars of the last film would be back for the next few anyway.
    [​IMG]

13. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

At least he's not Shia LaDouche.

14. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

Siiiiiiigggghhhhhh

15. ebonyleopard

ebonyleopard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if Cade is back, I hope his daughter and her creepy boyfriend are off to bang away in college and it just focuses on him. Cade as a character I could stomach. Him and his family though...not so much.

16. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Oh awesome. I can't wait to see more of his painfully unlikable character. He was the main reason I only managed to tolerate that movie for 23 minutes.

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    At this point (through 4), the movies are what they are, with the 4th installment being the most painful to watch (at least for me). I like Marky Mark, and think he is underrated as an actor, so that is a plus, and for those who aren't fans of him, at least keeping him gives us one less schmuck human character that they have to develop going forward.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    That joke has to come full circle at some point, and honestly I'd kind of like it if it happens as Optimus and Cade singing it together as if they're drunk.

You know, this almost works regardless of the context you mean it.

By jingo, a time traveller!

19. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

:lol  Easily the best description ever.

20. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if that hot Blondie Nicola Peltz will be back for part 5 :D ream: :drool: