Mark Ryan at Wings and Wheels Dunsfold 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Olivus Prime, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This year's Wings and Wheels (a motoring and airshow event at Dunsfold Aerodrome in the UK) has taken place over this weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised to meet Mark Ryan there, who was a guest with Transformers Car Hire. As I've heard, he was an incredibly polite and enthusiastic chap who chatted to me for a fair amount of time about his experience on the Transformers movies. Some of the stuff he mentioned to me I didn't know of before, so I thought I'd share it:

• Jetfire - Apparently he based this performance upon his friend Ray Winstone. When Winstone saw the film, he called Mark and said he owed him a beer.
    • Lockdown - Mark talked about the improvisation he's allowed to do on set, and Lockdown was a case in point of this. Before shooting, Mark was pondering how to approach the character, when he saw a Jaguar advert in his hotel room that acted as inspiration for the voice. Apparently when he then used it in the dock scene when Ratchet is killed, his voice echoed around the docks (sounding like "the voice of God"!) and everyone was in awe. His facial expressions were also a big influence upon the character, especially in the "You think you were born" scene.
    • Upcoming sequels - I don't really follow this much so I don't know if this is new, but he said filming for TF5 ought to start next year and that the films will follow two directions now, one of which focusses upon Cade and co.

Here's a photo of what Transformers Car Hire had on display - apparently the two Bees are ex-promotional vehicles, 77 Bee being one of two Paramount made:

[​IMG]

Also - for those who are wondering where Dino is. Here he is, but you'll have to pay the car on the right handsomely to get him back!

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Sweet! Thanks for the read!

3. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

That is very interesting indeed. Two directions? I'm guessing Cade and company includes the Autobots on Earth and whatever threats come to them, and that the other direction is based on Optimus and his journey into space and whoever or whatever he finds there.

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Great news! Mark Ryan is 100% awesomeness.

And two directors for TF5 is interesting. Let's hope they can fit the two storylines together well enough.

5. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Moar news!

6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Mark Ryan does seem like a reliable source given how much he's done in the movies.

Two directions, or two storylines to be exact, would be a nice shake up. And this does confirm that we'll be getting TF5 in 2017.

7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Nice!Mark is the man!I'm getting excited now,it would be interesting to see for sure what directions TF5 will bring.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mark Ryan is the unsung hero of the movies.

wow so Jetfire is based on Ray Winestone...cool.

9. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    This is great, thanks for the post. Awesome to see the cars and also get some cool info from Mr. Ryan. 2 directions for TF5 would be an interesting shake up. This news is very good.

10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Now I kinda want black-and-yellow Bumblebee chain fences for MY yard, lol.

11. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Nice, Mark Ryan is a class act.

12. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Mark Ryan could voice Bumblebee again for real.

13. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Awesome TF5 maybe a 2 part film

14. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was my initial thought, though the way the movies go you can never tell exactly what will happen.

The Ferrari and Lambo look cool together there :) 

15. avosimus

avosimus Well-Known Member

:banghead: 

No. No. No.

Why can't they just abandon that story already? Cade Yeager sucked. What's so hard about just rebooting the franchise? I'd hoped with new writers, we'd get a new story, not an attempt to salvage the mess Ehren Kruger has made of the movies. Sigh...

16. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Well you guessed wrong. I speak for the fans that are thoroughly satisfied that the movie universe is getting a CU, and this double pronged approach is a promising start. No Bay in sight, oddly enough, we haven't heard anything about a director.

I speak for a minority of members here but I'd love to see a "Team Bee" and a "Prime in Space" take on the films.

17. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Oh,damn yeah!That has to happen and...I agree with your statements too.Some people just can't get past their reboot scrap hopes.

18. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just to say, I wouldn't get too excited about the supposed schedule for the next films - as Mark was saying to me, he often gets told about these things very late in the running.

19. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really want Mark to come back. All the characters he has voiced were all great (especially Lockdown)! If they start filming next year, these upcoming months are going to get hectic!

20. avosimus

avosimus Well-Known Member

Ugh. "Team Bee." So basically live action RID (which I'm not a fan of)? I'll pass. But each to their own, and you're allowed to your opinion as am I to mine. If this is the case, then I at least hope they cover some major plot gaps between DotM and AoE. Specifically closure on the missing Autobots. Did they die or are they still out there somewhere?