Mark is asking for feedback/ questions on IG

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Seanprime, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What Mark and his buddies need to do is reach out to me personally, and ask me exactly what I want, and then do it no questions asked. No one is ready for Transformers Legacy: The Rise of the War of the Throttlebots vs Cyberjets, with guest appearances from the Laser Rods and Commander Class Snarler

• Like Like x 18
  2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    If you're not interested in anything beyond G1, then I feel genuinely sorry for you, because you're blinding yourself to, like I said, 40 years of storytelling and history.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ExiaDefensor

ExiaDefensor Well-Known Member

Eh, as an adult collector I fully understand this and I'm the same way. The WFC cartoon was good for it's darker tone and prime was a great show but I'm only interested in the G1 toys and a few catchy looking new ones (tidal wave maybe for the right price for instance).

None of the energon, Armada, whatever "kidsey" stuff interests me. The irony that kidsey TOYS don't interest me isn't lost on me lol

• Like Like x 3
  4. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Not that you got to like them as it’s all good, like what you like.

Though I find the designation of Armada as kidsy where it’s the one branch of the franchise that supposes that Prime is a War Monger and thrives off battle like Megatron is always odd to me.

Has kiddy elements but its end absolutely stands with some of the darker elements of the franchise.

5. Ragnarok Flames

Ragnarok Flames NYEHHH!!

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Lmao this is certainly a ragebait take. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mark if you or any of your colleagues see this, I would love this as a figure :)  IMG_0139.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. BethCyra

I’ll take three!

Give me him in Hot Shot yellows and Sideburn blues.

• Like Like x 4
  8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Personally I've enjoyed most of that 40 year history. But as it was, I don't need or want it all in Generations.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ExiaDefensor

I never knew that about Armada but all the gimmicky, childish toys and show clips turned me off to it all. It's like that for most of the 40 year history I didn't mention. I understand the irony but i get both sides of this fully since I'm living one lol.

Not really. G1 (which includes BW) and the movies are the biggest groups. I'd be curious to see where the "unicron trilogy" group falls in in comparison to these though. I'd say the "ragebait" take would be to deny this in any way.

To be clear, I'm not siding with any material. Each can have their own greatness and day in the sun.....I mean behind G1 material of course

10. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

All of transformers is gimmicky childish toys, just cause parts of the franchise now caters to grown adults who grew up with the series doesn't make that any less true

• Like Like x 3
  11. BethCyra

lol I mean kinda fair?

Thing is that Optimus is pretty much shown to be addicted to war; the fact is that he could have ended the war a millions of years ago, which he goes on to prove by literally breaking Galvatron over his back with out using any of his super modes/power ups, yet he doesn’t because he like Megatron and Unicron feed on battle.

So like I said it’s odd to see that series called kid ish because their toys when I lived through Action Masters and Throttle bot gimmicks.

All of the lines are equally kiddy if we pick out the lowest of hanging fruits of their series.

Like G1 Prime dunking in a basket ball, or having Chip be able to make Prowl breakdance and beat up a Decepticon.

12. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    And this is where the accusations of "ragebait" come from. You're acting incredibly self-absorbed and, IMO, blatantly hypocritical. Both shows you mentioned liking for being "dark" and "mature" are only as such on the surface. And then you turn around and say G1 deserves all of the attention, and the rest don't because they're "too kiddy" when G1 and Beast Wars were both incredibly comedic AND were super gimmicky toylines.

Nobody is buying what you're selling. Go raise a stink elsewhere.

That's too bad. Because Generations is dedicated to ALL of Transformers history, not just whatever you're personally interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the ‘problem’, if you can call it that, is that despite the line being called Transformers there’s essentially numerous different lines of transforming robots, a lot of which that look totally different, and all have their own fans. And they’re all smooshed pretty much under one umbrella.

We all like different things too - I’m a big fan of G1 & G1-adjacent Transformers only, unless they look like they could be part of the same universe.

So ironically some of the Unicron Trilogy characters (or the likes of the recent Generations Bulkhead & Knockout, who were more G1-ified) would fit in, but not the likes of recent Animated characters, Bayverse or even Beast Wars, despite it being technically the same universe as G1.

I even think Beast Wars has the superior canon, certainly the Mainframe series was FAR better than G1’s animated series, and I don’t want other fans of the brand to be left behind (I’ve stated many times there’s plenty of room at the table for everyone) but I myself still only collect & want G1 characters.

And I think we all need to remember just because someone on here likes Transformers, it doesn’t mean they’re gonna like any of the same things you are. There actually feels like competition between some of the fans at times, because there’s limited spots they feel like a vote for another universe is taking away a spot for ‘theirs’.

• Like Like x 4
  14. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Which is great and all, but of the question asked by Mark of what I'd personally like to see more of, I'm not going to pretend that I'm interested in any Generations updates past say the mid-00s. They're more than welcome to keep making new figures for say Rescue Bots or Cyberverse, but I'm not going to buy them let alone be disingenuous pretending to be the least bit interested in those things.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ExiaDefensor

Correct. That's why I stated I understand the irony. But g1 had less kiddy gimmicks. I mean come on some of their toys shot sparks and caused fires lol

16. ExiaDefensor

Lmao. Self absorbed by respectfully giving my opinion....hypocritical after personally noting the irony.... And what's it matter why I liked those shows? And I only joked about g1 getting the attention. I'm assuming you doing know what blue font means. Triggered much though huh. Also, never once did I say other lines didn't deserve attention... In fact I said the exact opposite. Lastly, I never made a stink.... That's you bubby.

And your response to the other guy is rude af as well. Apparently your parents haven't gotten around to teaching you this yet but other people are entitled to an opinion to.

Chill dude. Life's short, there's no reason to get this involved and upset with a simple discussion that you're twisting words and making things up.

17. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I dont mind new repaints with maybe new heads or minor things when the retool into known characters is too much of a stretch . But I'd say retools like the one into Vector Prime was good . Its maybe the Slipstream from Windblade that shouldnt happen when its too much of a stretch. I'm loving the new characters of the junkions and rock lord types .

• Like Like x 1
  18. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

My wants and suggestions to the team is deluxe sized 6 team Liokaiser and Dinoking / Monstructor. and make them transform into the Dino shells so like evil dinobots. As for pretenders do the core class figures over into deluxe/voyagers and just keep mixing the shell with the figure like with Skullgrin for the decepticons. for autobots you can do the human character shells as core class figures , add it to deluxes and sell at voyager price or voyager sized with the shell and accessories to be leader price. Even if it has to be exclusives, lets get the japanese G1 figures in and done well.

19. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New characters? Sure. Lazy repaints of old figures that they now say 'hey it's a new character!' -nope.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

What we really want is BEAST MACHINES

*chase music ensues*

• Like Like x 12