Mario Kart World Tour Beta Ramblings

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigran, May 22, 2019.

1. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

So, I got into the Mario Kart world tour beta.

I put my ramblings on youtube if anyone is interesting in watching.

No, I'm not a professional youtuber. No I don't want to be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I'd rather just play MarioKart 9 on the Switch, whenever it shows up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the update!

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    After all this time...I'm actually pretty invested in Mariokart World Tour if only simply because Nintendo doesn't seem to be in a hurry to release MK9. I'm LVL 48 and have a decent roster of drivers, karts and gliders. I like how the game is constantly being refreshed with new or updated tracks. They just introduced 3DS Bowser Castle to the game and next week will release a new track based on Singapore, along with Vacation Luigi and Purple Freerunning Koopa.

Now, you'll never get all the characters and karts in the game without whaling - but the way it's set up:

1. You can play for free without ads but leveling up past 40 starts to get difficult and time consuming. It's still fun but once you hit level 40, you'll notice getting new drivers and karts will become less and less often because your ability to frenzy will be suppressed by your lack of characters who can do that on a select track.
    2. You can pay a monthly $5 fee and you'll get twice as much stuff to enhance your play. If you want to push past level 40, this is almost essential but still not required if you have the time to waste playing a race over and over and over again to achieve a great score without going into frenzy mode. (This is where I am. I play it enough that I feel like I can support Nintendo on this.)
    3. You can whale and get lots of stuff...and probably get over level 50 in no time. MKWT offers options anywhere from $4 for a high end glider to $99.99 for a rubie haul and a combo of high end driver, kart and glider. I've opted a couple of times for $5 offers but decided to just do the $5 subscription instead, since that seems to be the most rewarding.

Oh, and private message me if you're playing too. I'd love to get more friends.