Mario Kart Wii more info---Mii's are in!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Feb 6, 2008.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, not so much online but in the single player it can get extremely annoying. Like I'll be leading a race the whole way through only to get taken out at the finish line and get cheated of victory. Not only that it's not like your hit once but you have to be hit a million times which gives drives the living piss out of me. I still like the game and enjoy it but ya it being more item oriented then racing is really the thing that's gets to me as well.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Considering to get any of the good items you need to be 6-12th place, Unless all 12 people are competitive, those people getting the super items are so far behind it really doesn't impact the race. When online in races of 8 players, no one really gets the good items anymore. And First place is banana, green Shell and the worthless red ? box that while dragging does not stop shells. After a while, I stopped noticing items, because all I get is the 4 worthless items which are only good for defensive dragging. And keeping up a drag shield keeps you basically invulnerable to items. (because no one with a bullet or mega shroom or star is gonna be anywhere close to me.)

Also, with most items wiping held items, it is close to impossible to race from 8th to 2nd then use a super item to win.

I honestly feel getting knocked off the track is infinitely stronger than any item. Which if you know what you are doing you can wreck small racers on specific tracks.

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

No use arguing about items since nothing will be changed. Just accept it!

I'm always up front so I've gotten used to get hammered. Just get back on and start racing ;-) Or learn how to drop better placed bananas.

On a side note, I just finished two-starring every Grand Prix, so now I get an awesome two star next to my name online. I've gotten several three stars along the way, but I think it would drive me nuts trying to three star everything.

4. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Yes it did drive me nuts, but I managed to three-star everything. Saw my first 'other guy' who had three-stars last night as well. He also had a 9999 rating! I had to settle for second place to him many times, though I didn't get many offensive items to tip the scales in my favor.

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, 3 star everything... I am almost 1 star everything and have a few 2 stars. It is about 50% luck as one bad turtleshell can wreck a star rating because of time.

6. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got 1 star on everything, and left it at that. Trying to get 2 stars and 3 stars would give me an heart failure.

It's getting a little annoying, but I've spent the last few days bouncing back and forth between 8500 and 9000 points. I just wanna get 10000! :sad:

I don't bother with items much at all. I find using the track itself makes a far better shield, even against leader shells.

7. gil

gil Godmaster

Hell yeah, it's all luck. I almost have all 1 stars, I'm working through the Mirror Courses now. I ALWAYS get hit by Thunder or the Blue Shell while I'm jumping over a lava pit/bottomless pit, and it means falling down it. Or I'll be dragging a Banana the whole time in first place, get hit by thunder or the POW block, spin and lose the banana, get hit by a red shell before I can get started again, and then be knocked aside by the "heavy" racers, all while looking at the finish line right in front of me. I went from first to 10th place on Yoshi Falls in Mirror, but still managed a gold and A ranking. That would have been a 2star ranking easy if it wasn't for the 10th place finish. So, yeah, 1 star everything is already raising my blood preasure. No way I'm trying 2 or 3 stars.

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't get me started on the so called 'heavy racers'. Big fat and slow eh?

more like big, fat, and faster than a speeding bullet.
    Even their acceleration on the track is ridiculous.

If rubber banding tactics were removed, we'd all have 3 stars np.

9. gil

gil Godmaster

It's funny. This game pisses me off so much, but I love it. Best game ever (not really, but it's an awesome game.)