Marauder Megatron Prototype revealed in AllSpark Almanac II preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bumblethumper, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've.... got wood.... that is beautiful! I'm going to go cry now.

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmm, didn't Blitzwings bio state that it was Shockwave who altered him to be a triple changer. Perhaps a season 4 storyline could have been the Decepticons escaping Autobot custody, and Shockwave, having fine-tuned the triple changing ability, upgraded Megatron accordingly to increase his strength?

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    THERE IS NO MOLD!!!!! IT WOULD COST TOO MUCH MONEY TO MAKE THE MOLDS, AND THERE IS A HUGE CHANCE THEY WOULDN'T MAKE THE MONEY BACK

think about it, in japan the transformers fan base is collectors oriented, it would simply be too risky for takara to have the molds produced and try and make a profit.....they would loose too much money

4. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im 98% sure it was Blackarchnia

5. Venom Prime

Venom Prime I'm not here in log

wow, it's look like Animated Fallen.
    please release toy :( 

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    According to the Almanac, it was Blackarachnia.

7. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Whats that about Transtech Starscream nearly being realesed in Cybertron. Ive never heard that.

8. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I though, thanks Split!

Oh and the toy looks neat

9. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    bingo.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Looks cool, but I'd really like to know the story around it

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I almost wish they hadn't shown that...Cause now I'm sad.

Oddest feeling though, I almost feel like I've actually seen the head sculpt before. Which doesn't seem possible...Was a pic of the head leeked at any point in the past?
    Maybe I'm just thinking of somthing else.

Damn I wish that had happen.

12. Emperor Jeremy

Emperor Jeremy Active Member

I would KILL for this toy.

13. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

I totally agree, Beast Wars was so amazing, Then Animated came out, it was so great to have a TV show I was so interested in......This new Transformers Prime might be good who knows. Generations might produce a few good figures, but Power Core combiners just seems like a waste of plastic to me. This Megatron figure looks amazing! I didnt really care for the Animated rendition of Megatron, and to be honest we havent got a great Megatron figure, to compare to the High Quality Prime figures we've been getting. Id buy this in a second, and it disappoints me that the First good Megatron figure we would have gotten in a while. This War For Cybertron Megatron, yet again looks pretty Meh, Im not a person to hate on Cybertronian modes, I personally love there funkiness. It just disappoints me that such a great looking figure from a line "Animated" that I loved so much, It wasnt Beast Wars, but it was great. I hope they'll use this design in later incarnations, I love Megatron being a jet because it makes him so much more mobile. Im so sick of all these G1 rehashed figures, and so on like in Generations, but I guess thats because I dont care about any of the G1 Characters in there continuity, but I understand fans that grow up with it want it, id snap up anything Beast Wars in a second, as did I the universe Dinobot, and Cheetor. Dinobot was good, Cheetor not so much, but I loved them because they were Beast Wars. Damn I just wish I could get this toy.........

14. rad902

rad902 Member

Ebay:
    :( (((( I wish they had released this megs... IT KICKS ASSSSSSSSSSSS

15. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Yells at Clouds

News Credits:
    I'm going to throw some gas on your fire here, Sprocket... The cheesy 80's cartoon? Fiction. The Marvel Comics series, both NA and UK? Fiction. Then there was all of us when we were kids playing with TF's that made up our own fiction. Without G1,( the 'cheesy cartoon' and comic series based on the TOYS) none of us would be yammering to each other on this site right now. I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong or anything, just stating fact. I do agree with your point on some collectors getting EVERY single toy, but that's their prerogative... I think Hasbro does too many repaints. They should maybe think about doing opinion polls regarding unreleased molds on TF sites such as this one. They would do away with the problem of shelfwarmers. Also, then they could release sweet-ass toys like this Megatron!!

16. Tronis

Tronis Well-Known Member

that looks awsome as! just as long as it got a good color scheme that would be the best! lovin the twin cannons that just hardcore!

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    its on the wiki:
    ....what the heck?!?! it was just there last time i checked, and in fact, i have seen it on there tons of times.....this is weird, gonna have to contact the wiki about this, wonder why they would remove it

18. jms98

jms98 Active Member

Ebay:
    That'll be in the AllSpark Almanac II.

-JimS

19. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    You know I don't really see the reason why Hasbro couldn't release it. Look at the toys in ROTF that appear in very little if any fiction--Blazemaster, Dead End, Lockdown, Brawn. While I think being a recognizable character certainly helps a toy sell, but what a transformer transforms into also certainly helps and I'm sure kids would love this, a triple changing Megatron with a shredder mask. I don't see why they couldn't make this and more Animated figures and just put them in Generations or HFTD, unless they don't think the Animated aesthetic sells

20. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I honestly wish this was never showen to the public as I now hate Hasbro even more for canceling Animated for the Movie Toys.