Many questions about Transformers 1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Well no story is perfect so plot holes are inevitable in almost any film.

The time differences are because the story was jumping around a bit. The Washington scene happened earlier that day, not linearly with Sam being arrested. It showed that then came back to Sam the next morning after the signaling incident.

Bumblebee was totally repaired by Ratchet at the end of the film which includes his voice box thing. Earlier when he was breaking down, he was doing that just to mess with Sam (remember the radio thing?)

Apparently, a company was hired by the government to clean up and dispose of all of the aliens' remains and create a cover story to convince the people against what they saw, but the city was partially evacuated before the battle so not everyone saw things.

Optimus was just trying to be heroic as usual which is why he wanted Sma to put the cube in his chest. All he wanted was for the cube to be destroyed and if he got a little recognition in the future than that was quite alright for him.

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    11) I heard on commentary the Figs died on the helicoppter.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Your explanations are resonable and make a lot of sense.

I still invite anyone else out there to give your answers to my questions?

Comedic or serious.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Bay wanted Amaury Nolasco, who plays Fig, to come back for ROTF. So if almighty Bay wanted him back, he's clearly not dead.

5. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    1. Bumblebee is trying to let Sam get his freak on with Mikaela, you know like how most tv shows and movies do it with a car breaking down. He was educated on earth culture by the internet and tv.

2. Timezones, sam's in Nevada/California, and well, Washington DC is on the other side of the country.

3. Yes.

4. Because he's being very very sneaky. Plus they are probably busy looking for a human perp anyway. It's just played up comedicly.

5. Too much sweaty human scents, pheromones, and other issues. Plus Frenzy is a spy-bot, he probably can cloak himself somehow anyway. It was mikaela's phone, and maybe he sat next to her perfume anyway in her purse.

6. No, the allspark is to power the protoforms. The harvester is needed to make a new allspark to empower the decepticon armada and create new soldiers.

7. They aren't decepticons, just feral base instinct bots. Other theories include they remember the abuse they've taken while inanimate, no higher brain functions, so far away from cybertron they fall under the sway of the fallen's presence as newborns, and more.

8. Uh what? No. Different universe.

9. Government cover up and dispensation for silence.

10. English is used mostly only to scare the bystanders and strike fear in them, otherwise why use such a simplistic inferior language over their superior cybertronian.

11. Yes. Bay wanted him to come back to ROTF as a completely different character.

12. Government Blackops. Meaning they may not exist, but they supercede most domestic authorities still cept the president.

13. Tow Truck, and his voice comes and goes. He just prefers using the radio speak, cause he likes messing with earth culture and transmissions. Those two things are completely unrelated.

14. Sector 7 was all about containment, termination and experimentation. Nest is about co-operative efforts. It's a government thing as a show of good faith. Why did germany absolve the Nazis when it could be repurposed? Samething, too much negativity attached.

15. It was the allspark that went in megatron's chest and overloaded him, the matrix of leadership gave prime a jumpstart as he was already in stasis. Two different things, all the intent behind the allspark was to keep it out of Megatron's armies hands. By overloading megatron with it, the outcome is still the same, not able to use it to power up more decepticon armies. The only difference if it went in prime's chest would be that megatron would still be alive, and prime wouldn't.

16. Bottom of the ocean, hero's burial, grave robbed for repair parts, it's never shown or explained onscreen. Just that both human and autobot alike lost allies and friends to this war.

17. That's a general movie goof, or maybe BB just closed the door himself, or the wind did.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Hey I'm just passing on what I heard. But he didn't appear in RPTF did he and there's no word of him being in the 3rd.

7. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    answers

8. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    That's just a continuity error. It happens in many films for many reasons. Sometimes the director prefers that shot, despite the error. Other times no one caught it and that's the only shot they have to choose from now. Sometimes no one actually catches it until it's too late and it's already in post-production. Editing has nothing to do with it though, as it's the job of the Director, Director of Photography, Script Supervisor and Camera Operators to notice it, but they're Human and may be focused on other things going on-screen. (I speak from experience in this regard, LOL)

Plot-wise, you can just think of Bumblebee closing it himself or assume they closed it before driving off. Just assume you don't need to be handheld through every single moment of the movie (like seeing Bruce Wayne putting on his cape only, but you know he's going to also put on some boots).

9. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

I'm pretty sure the Trent-in-Friday-The-13th thing WAS deliberate casting, as it's the same actor, same name, same personality, drives the same (or a similar) black SUV, and both films came from Michael Bay's production company. I think the actor probably tried out for the "frat boy bully" character in Friday The 13th and Bay kinda made a joke out of it by making them the same character. It's not a stretch by any means.

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

1. Bumblebee wants the two together by taking them to "Romantic Hill", and he's pretending to break down.

2. In California, it's about 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning. In Washington D.C., which is EAST of California, is much later in the day.

3. They're fine, they just had a couple of blades jammed into their chest cavities. ;) 

4. Because it was funny.

5. Because he's an infiltrator/spy, I'd say an energy signature cloak.

6. Yes.

7. A) Because human technology is reverse engineered from Megatron, they naturally take the personality of a Decepticon, or B) most likely, they are not Decepticons; because they have no previous memories, they are wild and scared like an animal placed into an environment it is not familiar with

8. Look it up on IMDB.

9. Government threw a bunch of cash at them. Sam's parents (after the credits start rolling) tell reporters that there was no such incident.

10. They view Earth's creatures as lesser beings. That includes their language.

11. There was a deleted scene (IMAX version) of him dying. Without the scene, I just assumed that he was sent to a hospital. From ROTF, I figured his service in the army was no longer needed.

12. Ever heard of getting on the same frequency?

13. He was never standing up in the final battle. He was repaired some time AFTER the battle. His voice, however, was slowly fixing itself after coming in contact with the Allspark. Even then, his voice wasn't 100% repaired, just enough for him to speak. (in ROTF, I assumed that he was in some sort of accident, which explained his lack of voice and why his front changed).

15. Hard to say. Megatron wouldn't have a reason to stay on Earth, or possibly have no reason to continue the war, since that was what it was all about. But then Megatron would've held a grudge against humanity for keeping him captive and using him as a guinea pig. I really think Optimus really meant that he would be willing to go so far as to sacrifice himself to bring an end to the war.

16. He was damaged beyond repair (i.e. his CPU/brain was destroyed), so they couldn't resurrect him. He was probably kept in a bunker somewhere where his remains would be kept safe.

17. Continuity error.

The films don't have as many plot holes as lots of people think they do.

11. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    To be honest...if prime put the cube in his chest, would the fallen awoken? Fallen did say only a prime could beat him...

So when did starscream become the raptor?

BB talking and then not was lame....Mark Ryan, theyb screwing you out of your paper...

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

The way Bumblebee talked reminded me of Wreck-Gar.

13. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why does everyone keep posting that that they are simply "feral" or "wild"? This is incorrect, and the reason why they are like decepticons is actually stated quite clearly:

All modern technology was developed using NBE-1.

There is a "piece" of Megatron, his spark signature or whatever, in every single piece of technology. So any Earth tech activated by the Allspark would have Megatron's "DNA" all over it.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Roberto Orci himself confirmed the "feral/wild/primal" explanation right here. The "reverse engineering" explanation only came as an afterthought.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Really. I never knew that, Thanks for that bit of info.

16. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I prefer this answer of Orci over that one.

TRANSFORMERS message board - View Single Post - Orci and Kurtzman Questions: Post movie
    1.) Prime intended to use the Allspark to repower Cybertron as it was intended. Megatron wants to abuse it by creating Transformers directly, which makes souless, primal Transformers.

Since Sparks look like balls of concentrated Energon it is a feature that feral Transformers lack.

Essentially Megatron was intending to use the Allspark to build an army of zombies not rebuild his species as he is selling.

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Read IDW Comics

18. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

So you can go by what is stated directly in the movie (all modern tech is from Megatron), or something that was stated after the fact (soulless transformers).

I dunno, easy answer for me. I think Orci was reaching a bit with that explanation. Besides, theres way too much shit in the movies that can't simply be explained away, the writing/directing cluster-f that they were...

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I don't know if you can really state that it was "stated directly" in the film. They just said that they reversed engineered stuff from Megs. They didn't say "Oh, those mutations act that way as a result." The feral explanation isn't a stretch, in fact it makes a lot more sense to myself.