Man, playing as a scientist is tough

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 28, 2010.

1. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

I'd like to say the shotgun tip was by far the best in this thread. With that plus my shockwave/turret my scientist outlook isn't so terrible. I actually got a few levels on mine last night.

2. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Yeah I have been getting alot of use from the shotgun, shockwave, and turret. I love the scientist mostly because I can play as Skyfire and kick some crank case. As of now i'm level 5 across the class board.

3. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so I'm getting quite sick of this. Every time I play as a Scientist, I just need two shots to get dead. So, any tips for me? (It's not like the weapons are marvel either...)

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yep. Most of the time using the one Autobot Scientist that isnt Jetfire or Air Raid.
    Use the disguise to get close, as soon as they catch on, EMP Shotgun blam blam. One dead enemy.

You almost fooled me with the disguise earlier. I had two cubes left then missed the melee attack :( 

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    Play a support role if you aren't using disguise to get close. Stick close to a Soldier or Leader.

6. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

1) if you are attacking and you don't get turret down +1 shotgun shot before they can react to you... you did it wrong. You can fly in from everywhere at lightspeed, transform, hit turret and shoot them. If you are flying straight at them like a fool, then I will shoot you in the face before you can even land. You have mobility, use it ruthlessly for attacking.

2) let your sentry gun fight. Drop the thing and run behind a corner, when they turn their attention to it pop out and shoot them, when they turn back retreat behind the wall. This should get 50% or more of their life down. 3 shot bursts do a good bit of damage.

3) if you see 2 people anywhere, your only option to attack either is from a distance. Otherwise you will die.

4) shockwave is strong. don't open with it. land a shot or 2 then use it. It will mess up their aim on you. If you use it at the start, then you didn't let them aim at you before throwing their aim off. Causing them to re-aim two times is much better than the one.

7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Trying to play one today, I just wish the damn class could start with a null ray...

8. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be going back to the class tonight. I got to Level 5 a few days ago but I have not tried out Disguise yet. All these tips got me excited though! Thanks!

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    one thing i did was take a decepticon jet on the level with B in the lower pit area. I parked near A (the one on the small elevated circle) up against a wall with my rockets aimed at the control point. The belly of my jet was against the wall. I totally ambushed a guy doing that. I just blended into the wall. Think i got a second guy too. If your jet is black it will blend in with the wall.

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Quoted for Truth!

Thats a very good strategy you came up with. I'll give it a try :D 
    And I totally agree with the scouts causing an incredible amount of damage. Though I tend to think of them kinda packing quite a punch because they have low health. But if you encounter two of these together or you're screwed. The shockwave ability though works best here when you're taking on more than one foe. Just do as much damage as you possibly can and if you die just go hunt for them after you respawn and hope your teammates killed them along the way.

11. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    No wonder I have played poorly... cuz' I never hit an overshield in MP....

12. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

Scientist was very painful to start out with. But now that I've finally got it to 25, I'm going to miss it a lot. Once you unlock more abilities, its so much fun. And a point/xp magnet.

Thankfully I'm moving on to Leader now, which may be almost as fun. Its a nice change of pace, not dying in one hit.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    got my scientist to lvl 16 so far, dropping in, sentry, capture the nodes (conquest) and the photon rifle has been easy getting kills, once they get shot once or twice a good shockwave blast and they're toast

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm absolutely terrible when playing as a Scientist. I assume it gets easier as you level up and unlock stuff, but damn, getting there is hell.

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

This.

16. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I just hit the unlockable that increases Drain power, and that has helped a lot. Sucks the energy out of them faster, less time for them to realize whats going on and wack you, which is automatic death. Too bad its at level 18/19 etc, would have been nice earlier on.

17. The Constructicon

Scientist gets easier to play the closer you get to 25, too bad mine is at zero again. XD

18. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I hear ya. Mine's at 10, and I'm having a really hard time leveling up. Killing is where the points are at, especially if the person killed has a killstreak, but yeah, the scientist is mainly for support. I'm having trouble killing people, even with the EMP Shot Gun. But I'm pretty good at healing and escaping, I just wish I knew a few good offensive manuevers. I try dropping in disguised, and using Shockwave, but I almost never kill anyone.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Disguise is better paired with Sentry as it comes out the opposing teams colour. Add the armour and rocket perk to it and tear things up :) 

20. The Constructicon

I used disguise with shockwave so I could get into an enemies ranks in a control node then BAM blast them all out causing them to have to restart their countdown giving our team more time to stop them.