Man, playing as a scientist is tough

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 28, 2010.

1. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Yeah I'm still getting used to playing Scientist, but I leveled up three levels yesterday, so I must be getting the hang of it, LOL. I kept disguising myself and flying to the enemy team when they had a node. Flew right over them, transformed, dropped a sentry, and transformed again before touching the ground, to fly off and get some distance, before I started sniping from a distance.

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I have the same problem, I have to take a step back and think as a Scientist. It's nice to be able to hover up/down too. Didn't know I could do that.

3. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    If you're good enough, which most are, Scout cloaking can be used in the same way. It's harder to see a cloaked vehicle than a slow moving robot. Speed in, Transform, sneak up, two shots with the Shotgun to the back and melee. You've got yourself a three button kill, my friend! I love the scouts. They are my favorite, by far.

4. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

there have been times where I slipped off a map and should have fallen to doom.

quick transformation and a hover up and I avoid the humiliation of a self-kill

5. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    if all wfc users look at this then i'm screwed :rolleyes2 

6. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    mine's only at lvl 13 right now, but: disguise, shotgun, melee, fly away.

to make a quick get away AND heal, throw the grenade out ahead of you, transform and by the time its up youll be flying through it, healed completely and on your merry way outta there! :D 

7. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

The best place to plant a sentry isn't outside, it's inside where people can't jump around and navigate so well. Unless you have the missile attachment. Then put it outside to kill other scientists.

8. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I just fly around the map and shoot rockets everywhere as a scientist until the match is over. No, seriously. That and hope I get a kill. I love flying it's alot of fun. I've always been good at flying in every video game I've played.

If you're flying and an enemy is on your tail, just make a sharp left or right turn, and if a passage way is in your direction fly right into it and lose them. Or you can fly around a corner, transform, and wait for them to come to you and just blow them apart with a sentry turret.

What also helps is the disguise ability where your color scheme changes and to the enemies' point-of-view you're an ally. But don't stick around with them for too long, they'll soon recognize that your chassis is a decepticon one. That and you're not providing any fire power when they engage your team mates.

Go with the Nuetron Assault Rifle and the Repair Ray/EMP Shotgun.

9. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    I find the simply flying around gets you targeted by Thermo Rockets and Scrapmakers real quick. I only use it to quickly get to my next target and to shoot down unsuspecting enemy scientists.

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I've mostly been playing Power Struggle, so my tactics might not play in the other game types.

I'll jet towards the power node and transform in close, deploying a turret while I'm still up in the air to watch my back. Whilst in the node, I flick on the drain ability of enemy duders are in the node with me and start sappin' health. I'll drop the healing grenade if things get really dicy. Once my other team mates have joined me in the node, I'll focus on keeping them healthed up.

I keep the EMP Shotgun as my backup to blast the heads off any enemy Scouts or Scientists that they can get the drop on us and also to take out enemy turrets right quick.

If my team can make it into the power node in good time, I've found I can hold my own once the scrap hits the fan for a pretty good long time.

Lately, I've found that the opposing players will get tired of my shenanigans pretty quick and at least two of their team if not more will switch to Soldiers and come into the power node with Whirlwind in full effect. Best countermeasure is once you hear 'em comin', to Transform and take to the skies, pick 'em off with missiles while they're spinning around like gotards.

11. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

Something I should warn scientist players about.

If your drone turret gets killed, it counts as a "kill" for the other team.

So if your side is losing a team deathmatch, poping off turrets just to get it shot down is counter productive.

12. I_Cross_I

I_Cross_I Active Member

I really like this class but a lot of time's I have a hard to playing it. The tips i seen here I hope can help me out.

13. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

They don't count as kills, they simply get a +25 points boost to help them level up.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I think they key to Scientist success is not to worry about kills but to simply use it as sludge to slow the opposing team down. Last night I was defending and capturing hotspots simply by flying in, transforming, dropping mah sentry, mopping up what was left and moving on. You can't survive firefights or Melee encounters unless you get the drop on someone so I focus on healing dudes who can do this. Won 3 out of 4 games like this. Feels good man, even if I am the bottom of the scoreboard.

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this. its a support class maybe if you find a Null ray you can be a cool sniper but other wise its just to be a healer and some one to rush capture

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I tried using him for the first time today (got everyone else to lv 5) and I wanted to throw my controller. Man. 3 bars? Are you kidding me? But I got used to it. A good idea is to go high but not too obvious - people will find you. And this way you can see most of your buddies (This is very good in Orbital Debris.) And the Photon Rifle can pick people off. I figured that this was good and then I started getting kills. I'm actually lv2 now ^_^

17. McBradders

Those life bars are bullshit anyway, when Scouts are ripping up leaders like they were the same effing class those health bars may as well not even be there. I stopped paying attention to them and I'm almost enjoying multiplayer now.

18. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

whoever noted that scientist are Support is dead on

heal the others, initiate Node captures, shoot at enemies to either kill or get XP for assists, drain, shockwave etc.

otherwise disguise, drain, assassinate

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I just played a few matches with a really good couple of Scientists in them.
    They were leading the entire match, destroying everybody.
    I did also see quite a few trying to take on a Soldier 1 on 1. Didnt go too well for them. The Scrapmaker shreds them so fast, even seems to be pretty accurate when they're flying.

20. McBradders

Were they using disguise? That's the only time I've seen scientists tear shit up.