Man-made Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Mar 4, 2014.

1. uglymike

uglymike New Member

What about the possibility of the Dinobots being human made (thus the reason Prime and Grimlock are fighting in the trailer)? Prime then tames Grimlock (evidenced by him riding him in the first trailer) almost like they had to do in the G1 series. It could be a good excuse to make the Dinobots dumb (i.e. the humans first attempt at a Transformer) just like they were dumb initially in G1.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Humans need to perfect creating organic humans first before they can create metallic transforming robots? Oh ok.

I'm not saying it asks for some suspension of disbelief, but what's the problem here again? It's been done before AND gives human groups a chance to become an interesting faction of their own, rather than constantly being ants who are just in the way.

3. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is referring to these Sunstreaker Clones.

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    According to that wiki link, they don't do so hot. Mind you, that was Grimlock they were fighting.

5. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its cool idea. But I hope the transformers that are man made eventually rebel against the humans.

6. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Considering humans are almost always the ones that start wars against machines, you can bet on it. Skynet didn't build itself, after all.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Or maybe, just to shake this shit up, they could come to value the people of their home and fight just as hard to protect them. Like the Tachikoma's in Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

8. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

I really hope, that those "man made transformers" will turn out to be decepticons in some kind of plot twist.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm pretty sure
    they will. We know Galvatron is man-made from the Kreo set. The set also shows Sentinel's and Megatron's heads near by, which inidicates to me that Galvatron was made from their parts. My bet is he gets turned on but something goes wrong and he becomes, in essence, Megatron with the power of a Prime, whatever that actually is in the movie-verse.

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It looks like the next step. Since the Transformers are killing each other off, time to bring in new robots, man-made if necessary.

In any case, Megatron had planned to raise an army of Decepticons from Earth's tech. Looks like that's back on course, after two films.

11. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Even with present day technology, we're able to build pretty decent robots with some form of limited intelligence through software programming.

So it stands to reason (and this requires a little bit of suspension of belief - it's a movieverse after all), that with the added technology gained from reverse-engineering the Transformers, that we could somehow add the transforming capability to our man-made robots.

12. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

They don't have sparks so how can they call them transformers .

13. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe because they physically change from a vehicle to a robot? Isnt that considered a transformation? And how do you know "they" dont have Sparks? The humans could have something that is giving the new builds a Spark.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Allspark Mutants according to Robert Orci do not have Sparks.

The question is do these things run on Energon? If so where is their source?

15. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We also don't know exactly how the humans acquire the means to create transformers. I mean surely that's a huge part of the plot and watching the movie to find out about this stuff?

16. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I think he said that they ''don't have sparks'' like how we say that some humans are heartless.That doesn't mean that they don't have it,it's just that they are primitive and mindless.The Allspark Mutations were created by the Allspark which is a Energon source so,it is logicall that they need Energon,I guess...

17. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

"Prime intended to use the AllSpark to repower Cybertron as it was intended. Megatron wants to abuse it by creating Transformers directly, which makes souless, primal Transformers." -Robert Orci

This implies that Cybetronians don't directly use the Allspark to reproduce. In fact we saw in ROTF that Hatchlings were the earliest stage of Cybertronian life cycle.

Going by both Jetfire and the Fallen whose Sparks are ripped off their body the Spark seems more like an organ.

Sparks may be like T-Cogs in Prime. Biological rather than technological.

18. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, also the way Cybertronian life was created wouldn't be by taking existing technology and changing into transformers as was the case on Earth; the alt modes obviously would be a secondary form not how they start out, and they're true propagated life-forms as the native Cybertronian alt modes seem to be fairly organic looking even though they're clearly vehicular too.