Man and Woman living together. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brave Magnus, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Hey, there, gang! Sorry, just heard one of my cats go "meow"....Anyway, as the title states: can woman and man live together under one roof?
    Just something that I was talking to a friend yesterday and...its the second time I got that response. Which made me wonder is opposite genders can live together in peace.
    Of course, none of the two ocations were the same, let me explain:

-First Case: a friend of mine wanted to love out from her house but didnt have the means to do so. So, I suggest her renting an apartment together, splitting everything 50-50, or me taking more of the expenses til she has a stable job, but she said no. For different reasons but mainly because she was a woman and I was a man. Which made me ask "what does that have to do with renting a place?", which she answered "it will be weird, I am a woman, you are a man, it will be strange". Ok, kinda dropped the topic and moved on.

-Second case: it came yesterday and its completely different. And I can see my friend's point of view but hear me out a Little.
    So, she suffered a lost, like...half year ago. And she has been living by herself all this time. BIG house. Anyway, lately I feel like she should be with someone. I mean, BIG house, she ..could use a hand. Plus..there was a little accident. Oh, nothing serious, really just a little accident. And I been throwing the idea of me staying there for a season. She though about it and she replied "thanks but no. Only 2 other men lived here before and WE cant live together". She said that if there was a female friend, would be ok. but NOT a male-friend. :S

So..yeh...If you want, I could give more details but..yeh, pretty much I have that doubt: can opposite genders live together? Dont know if anyone of you had that "problem" before. :S

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I assume you mean live together without being romantically or sexually involved.

I've lived in a house with multiple roommates, both male and female. The only drama I had to deal with was from one of the other dudes. I also spent about a year living with an ex's sister (yes, the ex was already an ex at that point) without anything getting weird between us. So yeah, guys and gals can live as roommates without any trouble.

But!..

If your friend says it would be weird, you should listen. Sometimes it's not so much about men and women generally, but about her specifically. If she thinks it would get weird for her, then it's best to just let it drop.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I'm assuming that you mean a man and woman who are not romantically connected?

Yes of course then can live together; it happens all the time. But as with anything there needs to be a mutual respect between the individuals.

BUT, I'm also of the view that a man and a woman can never be great friends without someone eventually wanting to have sexual relations wit the other.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yep

5. flamepanther

Assuming they're both straight and of average or above attractiveness. But having that desire on some level and allowing it to affect the friendship are two different things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Agreed and I think it is much more difficult to remain friends if one is in a relationship and one single.

7. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    Yeh, yeh. In both cases: living just as FRIENDS.

In First Case: We both were aiming women to date so ..yeh..we wouldnt be having any problem there. xD

In Second Case: Ok, just going to say it: she lost her husband. :(  So I can understand if she doesnt want another man living with her. Even if its just to help her.

But yeh, they both said "No" so I wont talk about those topics with them again. I was just curious about it. that's all. ^^'

• Like Like x 1
  8. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Some things just aren't meant to be

9. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I've lived with both men and women. TYPICALLY, I enjoyed living with women more because there was always less drama aimed at me. The two guys I lived with were fucking gross. One time one of my roommates came home so drunk that we had to lug him to his room. What we didn't notice was that he had uh... relieved himself while were dragging his nasty ass up the stairs. The other roommate, as we found out later, had a drug habit, which wasn't bad, but he would steal from us to go buy drugs.

Oh, and yea, I never had any romantic inclination towards the two women I lived with; Although, I did catch one roommate naked as she ran from the shower to her room. That was good times.

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Depends on the man and depends on the woman.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Only about as well as a man and a man can live together and a woman and a woman can live together.

12. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I had a girl roommate and a guy roommate for a year, and a gf who lived in another apartment. Everything worked out perfectly fine AND I had my toys.

13. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I don't see why a man or a woman couldn't live with each other, unless the individuals in question don't have respect for one another and/or have personalities that don't mesh. It's less a sex thing and more a personality thing.

I have plenty of relationships with women. It's always come down to if we get along or not. I live with family... predominantly female.

14. GohanX

GohanX Well-Known Member

The friend zone is strong with this one!

15. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    I am the KING of the Friend Zone. xD

Now that I rmember, both of them were pretty jealous of my dates. xD Actually my second friend dont want me to get together with anyone cause that will mean the start of the Bambi Syndrome (Meaning: I will meet a girl and we will stop being Friends. :p ). Oh! Also, this friend and I get along really well. We kinda geek out all day. xD

16. Drangleic

Drangleic A funerary dirge for humanity

I find women way too attractive to ever live with one platonically. I couldn't do it unless she just wasn't, you know, at all to me. And even then if I had a couple of drinks I might see her differently. I'm a pig, I know.

I know it could never work with me.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its possible. i cant stand my wife but we are still living under the same roof, sigh.

god i hate that woman.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Uh-oh you told the truth people will get pissed. I agree with you!

HAhahahahahhahahaha, we're ever at the same convention or whatever I owe you a beer. I know that feeling!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    /thread

it all comes down to how compatible and mature two people are. gender really doesn't matter

• Like Like x 1
  20. flamepanther

Are you absolutely sure you aren't the one putting them in the friendzone? Sounds kinda suspicious.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.