Maketoys Wiseblast (Masterpiece Brainstorm)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I really hope they release all of the Headmasters and Targetmasters. It's the product I have enjoyed from them the most besides Downbeat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They’ve given up on G1 sadly. I think they plan to release this figure and Highbrow, and that’s it. Sadly they abandoned their Crosshairs and their plans to design any more Targetmasters. So maybe FansToys will eventually?

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It certainly seems to the case but is there an official statement from them stating they've abandoned G1? Any links?

• Like Like x 1
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Ok first of all, MT has not given up on G1 completely, otherwise they wouldn't be releasing the Coneheads. I feel like MT is in a tight bind here, they though they had a headstart/niche when it comes to HM and Targetmasters, but the market somehow isn't very receptive. Perhaps it's a timing issue or perhaps it's just that most people only want Season 1 and 2 plus movie characters?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  5. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Hey MT...I want the headmasters and targetmasters! Lets get going!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Too bad @Spence no longer works for Maketoys.

7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some might say that's potentially a good thing for MakeToys. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

if maketoys never puts out a wiseblast... is there still enough wiseblast out in the world for a Ko to be made?

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main thing I don't like is they feel really light and they use to many fragile tabs to plug things together so they either are scary to seperate or so loose they fall out it's just a bad implementation across the toys of the tabs.

10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Seeing how many Third Party companies are treading on thin ice considering the international copyright risks nowadays, original products "Inspired" by official characters is the safest way to make a product it would seem. However, sales dictate their direction, and right now Cross Dimension is both a safe product and offers them more creative freedom than a Masterpiece Quality figure based entirely on an animated/comic appearance of an existing character.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There isn’t any proof. It was mentioned in another thread. A guy that “allegedly” had a conversation with a guy at MakeToys. So take it as an unproven rumor. It seemed pretty legit though. If we see any G1 announcements from them after the Headmasters and Coneheads, then the rumor will be proven false.

12. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Could this be the only case of KOs actually hurting things? They might have ditched the line after Yes Model started putting out the same product for a fraction of the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

I had the impression for a long time that Maketoys just wants to get the hell out of the "MP game". I'm not an insider or an expert or a next door neighbor, just a long time fan that get's the feeling that they are more than willing to pump out seeker repaints if people are willing to buy them (as they should) and finish out the Headmasters so fans don't feel ditched (which is pretty cool, if that's the case), but otherwise want out. Which is ironic, because a lot of fans feel they are one of the best at it.

Maybe I'm being naïve and I'm not saying these companies aren't in it to make a dollar, but for some it seems like it's something of a labor of love and maybe MT doesn't love making replicas as much as their own stylized take on characters. When the 3P MP goldrush began they went with the market, but it wasn't long after that they announced their Cross Dimensions line. And then you have all the character wars, which they always made a good showing, but they're always going up against the likes of Takara, Fans Toys and MMC. Their two biggest shining lights before their Seekers in my opinion is winning the Jazz wars (arguably, because everything here is arguably) and having the Headmasters to themselves....and then they got KO'ed. I never really cared about the Targetmasters, but I saw Pointblank, thought it looked kind of cool, got it, loved it and then I was definitely in for at least Crosshairs.....and then it got cancelled.

I hope I'm wrong in this, but as collectors we're always saying you gotta buy what makes you happy, well they gotta Maketoys;)  that in the end makes them happy. But if I could make one plea for Apeface………...I STILL WANT MY MONKEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm starting to doubt that they even really even want to finish the Headmasters at this point. There's been no movement on Silverback, Brainstorm and the Autobot Headmasters have stalled with no additional updates.
    Same thing with their Targetmasters. Reticle has pretty much been abandoned altogether so we can just about forget about Sureshot. It's a shame too because now Contact Shot will not be joined by his 2 other comrades.

And I don't care if it was convention "exclusive" or not, Maestro (their G2 Jazz) was grossly overpriced. Especially considering that it is based on a mold with certain tabbing imperfections. I'm really hope one of the other 3P companies like FT or XTB announce a Jazz and its Targetmaster Stepper retool plus G2 repaint at reasonable prices. XTB's G2 Stunticon limbs are well under $100 shipped.

15. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

please dont get me started.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

By "finish out the Headmasters" I meant the last two autoboot headmasters, I think they'll get them out. As far as Apeface or any other new molds I wouldn't hold my breath, but hopefully they do. Crosshairs was already announced as cancelled on it's thread. That sux.

17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    The impression I get is that they'd sunk a bit of money into some figures that performed below expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the hold up is because they just don't have the money to get things moving.

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It's like they hit a similar roadblack that Yes Model faced last year. Yes Model with their recent announcement seems to be back in the game.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I use both with my legends collection.

20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    That's definitely true too. I had argued in the past that they didn't do so well with Despotron and the HMs and TMs.