Maketoys Utopia For Official Metroplex?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Hitokiri, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Hitokiri

Hitokiri Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!

I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum but if I did I apologize and the mods can move it if they want.

Anyways, I had my Maketoys Utopia for a couple of years now and even though I love him I do want something that will match the size of my Titans Return Fortress Maximus. So long story short, I've been thinking about trading my Utopia for an official Metroplex.

If I were to trade Utopia straight up for a SDCC Metroplex - would that be a good or even acceptable trade? I also would accept the Takara version but would probably want a little extra on top of the Takara Metroplex - do you think that's fair.

Thanks everyone for your information and opinions ahead of time. If this trade interests you please contact me either here on this thread or better yet PM me.

2. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only 2 people can decide if a trade is good, acceptable, or fair - you and your trading partner. Any other opinions don't mean a damn thing if those 2 people are both happy.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'd trade mine but its the original Hasbro release with reprolabel stickers.

4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Sounds like a downgrade to me... But whatever makes you happy!

5. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    nope. not even close to being a good trade.

if anything, you are selling yourself short as Metroplex isn't even close to being worth the obnoxious price he's being sold for these days.

Sorry but Metroplex is seriously Subpar quality, and not only that, you gotta spend tons on 3rd party add-ons and kits just to make him Quality.

I'd say your better off keeping Utopia.

(and this is coming from a person who owned an SDCC Metro with all the add-ons that never got to own a Utopia and wishes he would have bit the bullet had Utopia been of Titan Size)

• Like Like x 2
  6. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I think it's a good trade.

7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Well said ^

Its like trading your 2 story super deluxe house with swimming pool at an exotic island for a 5 story slum that looks ok.

Stick with Utopia. He even scales better with Trypticon, though I honestly hope that they eventually will make one also.

8. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

<<also would accept the Takara version but would probably want a little extra on top of the Takara Metroplex>>

I had a Utopia but sold it off for the official one.

The Takara Metroplex would probably be a better trade. It has paint apps, better joints and 2 guns and was just re released. If you can get one with the add on kit for the hands that would be pretty sweet. Speaking personally I prefer the official Metroplex over Utopia. I prefer the bigger size and the transformation for Utopia really sucks. Metroplex also goes better with legends figures than utopia. Utopia is just a little too small.

How do you intend to display this figure? Official Metroplex has a better bot mode but the city mode isn't quite up to par with Utopia without add ons.

9. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you HAVE to get a Generations titan class Metroplex, the Takara version is the best one with a close second going to the SDCC version. Don't bother with the Hasbro version. The paint, or lack of, and the stickers are crap and don't stick for long. The Takara version has most of the big details tampoed/painted and also has the white legs instead of black, much stronger hip and knee ratchets with more detents and 2 rifles instead of just one. I own the Hasbro version (which I would sell for cheap) and the Takara version (which I will not sell) as well as Utopia, so I feel I can make a good comparison at least on features and differences. As far as I know the SDCC Metro is the same as the Hasbro version, bad hip and knee ratchets and all, but with a few chrome parts and a nicer packaging.

Personally, I feel Utopia is FAR superior to the HasTak mold all be it a bit on the small side. That said, I LOVE how he scales with TR Trypticon. I know most people like them the same height but I like how Trypticon towers over Utopia. Make him seem to be more of a threat and all the more heroic that Utopia can go toe to toe with such a disadvantage... but I digress. As for value, Utopia still costs about $300-400 USD if you can find him and only the SDCC Metro approaches that cost (and I do say "cost" and not "value). You should still be able to get a Takara Metro for about $200-250 depending on where you look. Anyone asking more than $100 for Hasbro Metro is trying to rip you off. Short of it is, more than likely, Utopia cost you more to buy than it cost to have bought the official mold and it is NOT an even trade from a financial standpoint. The "Value" is all up to you.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This. I wouldn't trade my metro for one, even if it is in my favor.