Maketoys Quantron not-Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DrillBIT, Apr 29, 2013.

1. onslaught714

onslaught714 Well-Known Member

Good to hear, and thank you for the offer. Hopefully tfsource can help, seems like they might be able to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mtblanks

mtblanks Champion of the sun

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My hand connector broke also. I contacted TFSource and got the same reply about not having them but MakeToys is sending replacements. That was 11/30, and I've heard nothing since. Has anybody who contacted TFSource about this issue heard anything?

In the meantime, I'm trying some Bondic and crossing my fingers.

3. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I haven't heard anything yet.

I don't think Bondic will have the hold you need. I got a good result from supergluing styrene onto the broken wrist and letting it cure for a couple of days before putting any strain on it I thought it was just a cosmetic fix but it supports the rifle very well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

I know it's not the same part, but I had to go to Maketoys directly for an arm to Battle Sentinel and the turnaround time between the problem to solution was within three to four weeks too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

This broken hand connector problem sounds like a job for Shapeways!

• Like Like x 2
  6. DrJest

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I was very surprised when I looked and didn't see anything there already. However, most Shapeways materials might be too brittle for this unless someone comes up with a different design. It may have worked with the black acrylic that Shapeways stopped using, though.

7. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I don't give this guy enough attention. Despite some overly-complicated transformations, he really looks imposing when combined. 20190104_172948.jpg 20190104_173142.jpg 20190104_173541.jpg 20190104_173717.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

Just got this set about... Friday, I think, and I'm not as thrilled as I wanted to be. I really like Strafe, Afterburner, and Lightspeed. Especially Lightspeed. It may be my favorite of the set.

Nosecone looks (really) out of place, and has a really loose swivel above the knee (it's not the thigh swivel, it's an extra joint above the knee) and Scattershot has a super loose right shoulder. He can mostly hold a pose with the are up, but as soon as I put one of his rifles in his hand, the arm dropped. Also, Strafe's sword guns are loose at his shoulders. I guess this is common on the non gift-set versions, though. Not deal breakers, just... the way it is.

I have yet to combine him. And I'm afraid to given the fist clip issue that some of you are reporting. Sigh.

Edit 1/10/18 - I figured out Scattershot's shoulders. There's one in the body at the 'collar bone', and one in the shoulder piece. That one is tight, so his shoulders hold a pose just fine.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    It's worth the pain, just be gentile and watch the transformation videos before and while transforming :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. MasterScale

Thanks - I'm gentle with my TF's, especially the 3rd party ones. And extra especially when they have known fragility issues. I'm sure it will be satisfying to get the pieces into combined mode. Thanks again :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. DrJest

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    Definitely combine him, it's worth doing. If that wrist is going to go, gentleness won't be much help. It'll be good to know now so you can try to get a replacement part sooner.

• Like Like x 2
  12. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you happen to post a pic of the fix you made? I'm thinking of attempting a similar repair.

13. DrJest

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I did not but here are a couple of quick shots. I found my measurements were off when I assembled it but it was close enough to work. I painted the styrene so it wouldn't be visible inside the joint. The color doesn't match but it just needs to be dark. Make sure the material you use is sturdy but flexible.

Attached Files:

14. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has been stated but has anyone contacted Maketoys to see if they might have replacements for the broken hand pegs?

15. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Not sure if contacting Maketoys directly or going through your retailer would be the best way to go. But the more people that do it (and the sooner the better) I would think that would nudge MT to go ahead and produce a batch of replacement parts.

When there were widespread issues with their Axel figure they made a bunch of parts available through their site. They even made multiple batches, if I remember correctly.

So there is a precedent of them making fixes available for their products. Just have to make sure that they realize the scale of the issue that people are having.

• Like Like x 4
  16. MasterScale

Since I have yet to combine mine yet, for those of you that have, how hard would it be (or is it even possible) to put a 5mm peg hole where the fists should attach?

17. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    My 2 cents... the car is the worst part. all the other limbs no problem, getting that car set up and to hold together.. BAH!!! translucent pegs are not wise. period.

18. DrJest

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    The clip that we've all had a problem with attached to the inside of Strafe's legs where they meet, holding them together. You could install a block with a 5mm hole in that area to receive a peg but it might be hard to do that and still allow the legs to collapse for transformation. I don't think it's possible at all on the other side because of the transformation moving parts into the place a peghole would go.

19. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

So did anyone get their replacement wrist part? I need one now having just snaped mine in two trying to put it on for the first time.

20. DrJest

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I don't think anyone has gotten them yet. I just sent a follow up email to TFSource asking about it.