Maketoys Quantron not-Computron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DrillBIT, Apr 29, 2013.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    im waiting to see if this will get down to 150. :) 

btw, i remember nosecone having some replacement parts way back in the day, no issues there?

2. Vkrylian

Vkrylian Well-Known Member

I'll bite at 250. 80 for scattershot is fair 55 for deluxe figures is a bit much.

3. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Ditto

Let me/us know if you have any success.

That happened to me too. When I asked about replacement parts I got a shipment of the other ones - the Scattorshot waist and Nosecone whatevers.

Thank you

4. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

How do you put the combiner foot onto not-Lightspeed? I can't figure it out with these instructions.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found where the c-clamps go. This instructions leave out alot.

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Peaugh's video reviews usually have pretty good visuals for how things go together. Usually.

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Got shipping notice of the replacement part. ill update when it arrives.

7. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

yeah after messing with them more nosecone has ended up being my second favorite LOL. first time was just really frustrating

the instructions are...... not the best for those with not that great eyesight

8. solidsnakeajb

solidsnakeajb Well-Known Member

My not-Strafe also broke at the waist while extending the legs. I emailed TFSource 2 days ago and have not heard back. I wasn't even pulling hard and the entire left leg snapped at the ball joint. I am bummed because I really like this set.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You aren't suppose to pull on them.

You put your thumb on the thrusters and push up. That dislodges the internal locking point very easily and then the legs can easily be slid upwards. Doing otherwise will indeed break the figure as you have discovered due to this error on your part.

10. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I was lucky and didn't break anything on mine, but I was a bit paranoid and being very gentle with the parts. Figuring out the instructions was a bit... difficult.

11. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many inches tall are these figs individually?

12. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I opened my Quantron today. I installed the replacement parts that where in the box but somehow the Metalstorms waist is still not centered.

The replacement part is the one without where the hole in the center doesn't go through the piece all the way right?

Does it matter in which direction I install the part and is it important how the spring is oriented. When I opened the waist the whole assembly dislodged itself so I couldn't take a look on how the spring is oriented correctly.

Other than that nothing is broken the only thing that is missing is a pin in Blindfires shoulder. I already contacted TFSource if they can help me get a replacement:
    [​IMG]

He is currently in arm mode so it is held in by friction but I would rather have a fully functioning Blindfire.

After I transformed all the toys in all the modes my fingers really hurt. :) 

Attached Files:

13. solidsnakeajb

solidsnakeajb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on Blindfire's transformation!! I must have missed the part in the extremely clear and easy to understand instructions. They show in great detail how to transform him from alt mode back to robot by pushing up on the thrusters. All of us who now have broken Blindfire's probably feel like idiots for not noticing this in Maketoys extremely detailed instructions.

14. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

I can't help but laugh at how many times I read people talk about breaking their figures and you can sum up just about all of their statements with "well it didn't move so I forced it and it broke. This is bullshit! they better give me free replacement parts"

No patience with these youngins... I hate my Quantron, but didn't break anything either lol

15. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the one thing I love about quantron is the bow and arrow weapon, that might be the point that causes me to eventually get one

16. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    To be fair the very first time I transformed mine I did initially start pulling on the legs to extend them too because its the more natural thing to assume. But when they wouldn't budge I stopped and thought this seems wrong and then the nature of how they work hit me and I felt really silly lol.

So yeah push on them thrusters guys, don't just grab them lower legs and start yanking.

I guess while I'm at it, be careful with rotating overheats feet as well, those bits are designed to flex but ya don't wanna stress em.

And metalstorms lower leg shin bits can be a real bitch to fold up, theirs a trick to dislodging them from their initial inner tabs but its kinda hard to describe. Again you don't wanna just be yanking on those either.

17. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Love this!!! You have no idea how many times I read nonsense like this and can't believe anyone would be so self serving. "I broke my toy and it is someone else's responsibility to make it all better!"

I don't understand how anyone can even think this way. I know quantron is a mess in places and sonic drill is hard to transform but seriously, if you twist it the wrong way and break it why is it up to the manufacturer/retailer to replace it for you?

18. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    In my case, I was able to get the one leg extended by wiggling and pulling with relatively minimal force. So when I tried the same thing on the other side, I must have used a bit more force with the same technique of wiggling and pulling and snap went the leg. I figured out afterwards, trying to get the now severed leg extended, that pushing on the thruster is the better way to go.

Luckily for me when I explained the same to TF Source and politely asked if there was any possibility of getting a replacement part and even asking if it's not possible, if they'd be able to point me a direction to procure the part myself, they were very accommodating and graciously offered to send me the part. From now on, knowing the thruster is the key to avoiding further breakage, I will be able to enjoy Quantron in his entirety and not pull the same dumb-as move as before.

19. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

when i transformed my blindfire i pushed on the thruster first time as looking at them i though it would be an easier place to start it moving

also today i noticed just how armed quantron is

the the double barrel rifle with grenade launcher
    under arm cannon on the afterburner arm
    bow and arrow BFG
    dual nipple cannons
    SIXTEEN missiles between his shoulders and head
    and a drill knee

20. Cogwheels

Cogwheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm also part of the "I broke Blindfire" club. Snapped his leg off at the ball joint by pulling too hard. Totally my own fault but I think I'd been transforming the whole set for like 2 hours at that point and I was losing patience!

So I'm chuffed to bits that the figures are getting individual figures so I can fix Quantron up, because he's a cracking figure otherwise. Even though it took a lot of time (and a dabble with Warbotron's effort - ugh) before I appreciated him.