Customs: Maketoys Quantron: Metalstorm question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by KARR, Sep 28, 2017.

1. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

Hello! I have a question about a fix for my Maketoys Quantron, specifically the Metalstorm figure (i.e. Scattershot). Just thought I'd reach out to the TFW community to see if anyone's ever had this issue.

The problem I have is with his waist. Now, I have the replacement pieces from Maketoys, but my issue isn't with the horizontal alignment of the waist, but rather the vertical. In other words, the ab-crunch joint is not aligned, and my Metalstorm tends to lean back too far, leaving a gap in his waist.

I think I could fix the problem if I could completely take the figure's back apart. There are six screws in Metalstorm's back, but when I remove them, his back remains in place. I don't know if I would have to use some force and pry it apart?...I've never tried that on a figure before.

Lastly, I reached out to Maketoys about the issue. They promptly replied within a couple days and said I could send $10 and they would send me a replacement part. I'm not entirely sure if they would just send me the horizontal waist piece or not.

Any help that you fine folks can offer is very much appreciated! Thank you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

Mods:

Hi, sorry to be a pain. This thread can be deleted. I reposted my question in the 3rd Party Quantron thread, which is where I should have put it in the first place.

Again, my apologies.